Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    There are no rules in war.

    The only people who are crying are Alliance who think it's unfair for whatever reason.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But that's not true either. If it were, there would be no eredar lords, no nathrezim, no succubi or imps, etc. All these members of the Legion come from worlds of their own, so they don't kill just to kill. They seek to unravel the structured order.

    For example, the Legion apparently don't really have much interest in doing anything to Durotar. It is as it is, not what the Titans made it. The only interest they had in the planet was the draenei and orcs as a tool to use against Azeroth.

    We can't be totally sure, but thus far what we know of Sargeras is he's focused on Titan touched planets. If the planet is in its original, natural and thus chaotic state, he doesn't really care.

    Hell, as much chaos as the mortals of Azeroth cause, one wonders if we do Sargeras proud more than the Legion. If not for that pesky Well of Eternity's power.
    I already said earlier, "The Legion's goal isn't conquest. It's the destruction of every Titan planet in the universe."

    The Legion conscripts forces so it can destroy Titan planets for the sake of destroying those planets. The end goal is to destroy.

    Garrosh destroys so he can ensure the prosperity of his people. The end goal is to help his people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    For example, the Legion apparently don't really have much interest in doing anything to Durotar. It is as it is, not what the Titans made it. The only interest they had in the planet was the draenei and orcs as a tool to use against Azeroth.
    You talking about Draenor? KJ's hunting Velen had nothing to do with the Legion's goal. It was KJ's goal to use the Orcs as a tool against the Draenei.

    It wasn't until later that Sargeras heard about the Orcs and decided to use them against Azeroth.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  3. #103
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Resentful, yes, but it was the sentinels who were skinned alive and the Horde symbol painted on trees in their blood that caused the Night Elves to end the Horde's hunting and foresting rights in Ashenvale and put up trade blockades in the area, causing stress on the Horde's dwindling resources after Cataclysm.
    No
    It was actually the Wrath Gate that caused the Night Elves to shut down everything. The attacks in Ashenvele merely reinforced their decision

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It was honestly the catalyst that sparked Garrosh's push to open war. If that hadn't happened, he would not have had as much reason and support for open war to take what they wanted (and needed).
    Garrosh longed for war against the Alliance within his first few weeks in Ogrimmar, the whole Night Elves and trade routes and Durotar becoming crappier merely added fuel to that desire

    He longed for it when he learned the security and plentiful life for the Orcs was not as shiny and perfect as he thought

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It wasn't until later that Sargeras heard about the Orcs and decided to use them against Azeroth.
    Likewise Big K's hunting of the Draenei was not really part of the Legions prime directive but more of a personnal vendetta
    Since him and Velen were brothers, literally or figuretivly
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  4. #104
    Theramore was a valid target. Garrosh showed real military genius in doing what he did. Launching a bomb isn't necessarily cowardly.

    BUT...a mana bomb is no ordinary bomb, and the reason they labelled it as a WMD isn't because of a blast radius, but because it literally obliterates the surrounding area from existence. There's no ruin, no way to grieve for the lost, no way to even give them a proper funeral. As well, when I say obliterates the surrounding area from existence, I mean if there were 100 copies of Azeroth in alternate realities/dimensions/whatever, the other 99 theramores would have been obliterated at that moment in time as well.

    While I agree what Garrosh did showed he knew his military strategies, drawing the alliance in while taking his own men out, a mana bomb that does what it did? Yeah, it's a WMD, and cowardly (and I'm horde myself).

  5. #105
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,598
    I've honestly never grasped Garrosh's hate of the Alliance, he comes to Azeroth and just goes KILL CRUSH MAIM STEAL. Like what the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ggars/advanced - Main
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I.../hero/41277433 -D3 Char, totally not boosted.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    I've honestly never grasped Garrosh's hate of the Alliance, he comes to Azeroth and just goes KILL CRUSH MAIM STEAL. Like what the hell?
    He puts on his shoulders the horns of Mannoroth, the Pit Lord who enslaved the Horde with the blood rage until Garrosh's father, Grom, killed Mannoroth alongside Thrall (Thrall got bitchslapped in the process). In my opinion, Garrosh is now probably constantly fueled by blood rage oozing from Mannoroth's demonic shit he's wearing on him all the time.

    As for rules of war in Warcraft: there are none, Metzen is just turning Warcraft into some really pansy stuff sometimes, that whole "My lord, my lady" dialogue between VaJaina and the Blood Elf dude made me puke.

  7. #107
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,014
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    I've honestly never grasped Garrosh's hate of the Alliance, he comes to Azeroth and just goes KILL CRUSH MAIM STEAL. Like what the hell?
    because he comes to Azeroth seeing the Alliance as the oppressors of the Horde, the ones blocking and hampering them from the level of prosperity and power he feels they deserve.
    Plus since then he has crossed blades with them many times so thats fueled that.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •