Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    I hope this was a joke, the US decimated Japan's naval fleet and air force long before the use of the atomic bombs.
    But they ended up using the nukes because invading Japan's main island to force surrender would have been too costly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    The only reason we don't have many civilian deaths is thanks to Baine's warning. Not because Garrosh had a soft heart.
    Though Baine is indeed a traitor for what he did, in hindsight it did help Garrosh's plan
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    The only reason we don't have many civilian deaths is thanks to Baine's warning. Not because Garrosh had a soft heart.
    No. Garrosh parked his navy and army in plain view of Theramore so they would know he was there. Garrosh made sure they knew he was coming. Then he waited a week. Baine's treason didn't do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Though Baine is indeed a traitor for what he did, in hindsight it did help Garrosh's plan
    wow.. your... really going to be living in a shit state of play after SoO aren't you, anyone from vol'jin to baine is a traitor, and yet they will be the ones running the show.

Are you even going to be able to play wow after this?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No. Garrosh parked his navy and army in plain view of Theramore so they would know he was there. Garrosh made sure they knew he was coming. Then he waited a week. Baine's treason didn't do anything.
    Even I agree Garrosh gave civilians plenty of time to leave; it's why I myself have said I don't see the "Garrosh is bi polar" argument between Stonetalon and Theramore. However, I also don't think he'd really care if civilians were there or not. Military forces WERE there, so it was irrelevant whether civilians stayed or left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wow.. your... really going to be living in a shit state of play after SoO aren't you, anyone from vol'jin to baine is a traitor, and yet they will be the ones running the show.

Are you even going to be able to play wow after this?
    He could be playing...biding his time....plotting....always waiting to gets them!

It's a messed up war crime because Garrosh used a weapon of mass destruction on a city that wasn't attacking him, just a foward base. Plus civilians were killed and a few horses! It was a bold military move, and pretty smart. It just pisses off lots of Alliance players, me included because we lost a some what major city. I dunno war is brutal, and to win you gotta do some messed up stuff. As far as rules of war goes, stealing is like unheard of lol. No one steals from other players, at least that's what the characters in game say all the time. "That would be stealing!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

He could be playing...biding his time....plotting....always waiting to gets them!
    Ironically, if he doesn't conform to whoever the new warchief is and his ideals, he'll then be a triator.

oh the anvil of irony.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow.. your... really going to be living in a shit state of play after SoO aren't you
    tell me, if some American officer went to Hitler and was all "by the way we are landing in Normadny - would hate to see ya fellas be surprised"
    Would he be deemed a traitor? Yes or no?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    It's a messed up war crime because Garrosh used a weapon of mass destruction on a city that wasn't attacking him, just a foward base. Plus civilians were killed and a few horses! It was a bold military move, and pretty smart. It just pisses off lots of Alliance players, me included because we lost a some what major city. I dunno war is brutal, and to win you gotta do some messed up stuff. As far as rules of war goes, stealing is like unheard of lol. No one steals from other players, at least that's what the characters in game say all the time. "That would be stealing!"
    (emphasis mine)

DEHTA has joined the assault on Orgrimmar.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, if he doesn't conform to whoever the new warchief is and his ideals
    enforcing your ideals upon others- and yet Garrosh is declared a bad person for doing so - how ironic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    It's a messed up war crime because Garrosh used a weapon of mass destruction on a city that wasn't attacking him, just a foward base.
    Theramore is an Alliance city. That is literally the only reason a Horde member needs to attack it.
    Why? Because its god dam war, its kinda a good idea to weaken and destroy the enemy.

And trust me, there never was and never will be a war where civilians are/will be completely safe and unharmed

enforcing your ideals upon others- and yet Garrosh is declared a bad person for doing so - how ironic
    Only when those ideals make everyone go "Wait, when did we become the Burning Legion?"

Personally, I can agree Garrosh's move in Theramore was bold and can be argued with logic (note, I say it can be argued; I don't necessarily agree with the logic). I think his actions in the seas near Northrend were more detestable myself.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-07-05 at 11:48 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only when those ideals make everyone go "Wait, when did we become the Burning Legion?"
    wanting to conquer new lands is not evil, like at all
    Power and land is limited. A country cannot grow unless it takes. For one to win someone else has to loose.

I mean how do you think Durotar was founded? You think the Orcs just found it? It was up for grabs?
    Durotar was founded on the bones of harpies, centuar, and (I think) mostly Quillboar

wanting to conquer new lands is not evil, like at all
    Power and land is limited. A country cannot grow unless it takes. For one to win someone else has to loose.

I mean how do you think Durotar was founded? You think the Orcs just found it? It was up for grabs?
    Durotar was founded on the bones of harpies, centuar, and (I think) mostly Quillboar
    The Burning Legion does the same thing, only with planets.

If we'd just submit to their will, we'd be demonically infused and planet hopping with them.

Deleted
    You're forgetting about what they used to make the bomb in the first place and what they did to obtain it. I think it's more related to the fact that they used the item they used (won't name to avoid spoiler whining) than just for being a big bomb.

10+ Year Old Account

If we'd just submit to their will, we'd be demonically infused and planet hopping with them.
    The Legion's goal isn't conquest. It's the destruction of every Titan planet in the universe.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which then means all races and nations are just as "bad" as the Legion and if everyone is then whats the point of saying its a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Given the fact that they failed to conquer azeroth like 5 times already, i wouldnt say that they are hopping from planet to planet. More like "suffering humiliating defeat after defeat because your leader is potato".

Does wow even have like a Geneva convention type thing for rules of warfare,i bet you when stuff goes south you'll do anything to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attacking a land with just rock and stone is different then atomic bombing it.

people aren't able to live there anymore, it's like the bombs on japan, people weren't able to live there too anymore.

That's wasted ground.

And if Garrosh will live, then he will do this again for sure.
    Garrosh is that kind of person if he sees that he can't win the normal way then he will be that asshole that will use other things to try to win, aka nukes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Does wow even have like a Geneva convention type thing for rules of warfare
    lol there are some things in that I think are bullshit