Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Ji'kun Zerg 10 man

Good afternoon everyone, I was wondering if anyone has tried to do the Zerg strat ( doing 3 platforms lust and Zerg boss) everyone flys on feed young to grab the buff. Looking for your opinions. We tried strat one time during wensdays raid and got to 38 with no raid CD for defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never tried it myself, but dealing with nests isn't actually all that difficult. I'd do that instead.

Have Group 1 (your 4 best DPS) kill the first nest, fly up immediately and DPS the boss, use a feather on the next available feed young. Group 2 (Tank/2 DPS/ Healer) clear the second nest, time your jump up with feed young or just fall off to get moved back up without wasting a feather. Group 1 will then go to the third nest, time it with feed young to gain another stack, clear the nest and either time a feather with feed young or fall off the platform to save a feather. When everyone is back on the platform time a lust for when everyone will be able to get the feed young buff and proceed to smash the boss. Add AoE will get pretty insane towards the end so be sure not to stack up tight and you will need a group DPS average of around 190 k +/-. Save Large CD's for Quills towards the end as that will most likely be where you may lose people.

Hope this helps!
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I'm actually currently asking about the zerg strat as well over in the other H Ji'Kun thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-10-Help/page3

yes we have, however our guild also have an average item level of 542 so you need to consider that, with normal mode gear you are better of doing the fight with 8/12 nests depending on dps.

Deleted
    We've been doing the "zerg strat" with 3 nests only for 4 or 5 weeks now. Nothing hard about it, the boss is a joke.

We did 8 nests originally. We do 4 now, though it looks like three may make more sense.

At either rate, everyone should be using their feather charges to get the feed young buff. Also, I'd rec bloodlusting after you're done with nests and down wind or w/e it's called has just finished.

If you find yourself dying when you try this because you just can't burn through his health pool in time, just add more nests. It's more of a time saver than a progression strat.
    Last edited by Dole4011; 2013-07-12 at 05:38 PM.

yea that's what my group does, kill it extremely fast, super easy, everyone is 300k-400k dps, makes it simpe.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    We've been doing the "zerg strat" with 3 nests only for 4 or 5 weeks now. Nothing hard about it, the boss is a joke.
    ilevel 543. How could it be anything but a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted910 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone, I was wondering if anyone has tried to do the Zerg strat ( doing 3 platforms lust and Zerg boss) everyone flys on feed young to grab the buff. Looking for your opinions. We tried strat one time during wensdays raid and got to 38 with no raid CD for defense.
    It's all about the gear your guild and composition has. We usually do this by taking the first 2 nests filled with DPS (and one tank on second plat) getting feathers and jumping down to save one charge. Once the first feed young goes off, we lust up and destroy the boss.

That being said, it's all tied to the gear level of your guild and propably won't be viable progression tactic especially since the boss is one of the easier ones in throne of thunder. If you're progressing, I suggest you to take a look at a guide somewhere for the proper way to go.

Deleted
    We do 2 nests and then burn. What helps is having your 4 strongest aoe dps to the first platform so they can kill the hatchlings before the feed young buff lands and they can pick it up while coming back up to the platform.

Deleted
    Been doing it both in our main and alt runs past couple of weeks. Really no reason to do it in other ways with the current gear people have.

Deleted
    What kind of dps would you guys recommend when trying the zerg tactic? We're at about 140-160k dps in my group (on a fight with little movement and no cleave) and we're going for Ji-kun heroic today. Healers are awesome, tanks are doing a great job, but there are always 1-2 people not jumping the nests right.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    What kind of dps would you guys recommend when trying the zerg tactic? We're at about 140-160k dps in my group (on a fight with little movement and no cleave) and we're going for Ji-kun heroic today. Healers are awesome, tanks are doing a great job, but there are always 1-2 people not jumping the nests right.
    A LOT more than that.

Learn how to get to the nests. Nest one no speed boost, nest 2 either sideways onto it or backwards or you will overshoot and nest 3 use a speedboost. Mark them green. yellow , red like traffic lights. It's about the simplest task you will get on a heroic boss. You can even practice it before a pull. Theres little excuse to fail on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Learn how to get to the nests. Nest one no speed boost, nest 2 either sideways onto it or backwards or you will overshoot and nest 3 use a speedboost. Mark them green. yellow , red like traffic lights. It's about the simplest task you will get on a heroic boss. You can even practice it before a pull. Theres little excuse to fail on this.
    Isn't it:

Nest 1: No speed boost
    Nest 2: Speed boost
    Nest 3: Walk backwards off the platform onto it?

Deleted
    Eh, we (with average ilvl 539) zerg him after 2 platforms. Never had any issues, weren't even close to dying
    Could probably even 1heal it and zerg him faster.

Deleted
    with 539 you could zerg him even after 1 nest

Deleted
    I dont understand the 3 nests? We just do 2 nests, all dps have their feather and nuke him down. Why would you bother with the third nest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    Isn't it:

Nest 1: No speed boost
    Nest 2: Speed boost
    Nest 3: Walk backwards off the platform onto it?
    Indeed it is.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    I dont understand the 3 nests? We just do 2 nests, all dps have their feather and nuke him down. Why would you bother with the third nest?
    One of your nests teams getting an extra feather for more feed young buffs.