Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The reason is that most people aren't doing dungeons because they enjoy doing them. They've done them a million times and so want to get out of there as fast as possible. Most people are either in there just to get enough gear to do something else or to get their valor points.

I'm pretty impatient but I don't go as far as pulling for the tank if he's actually there. If there's a tank that dc's or keeps going afk then I will pull and let my pet tank.... I don't need a tank in a heroic dungeon so I don't see any reason to wait or keep the other 3 people in the group waiting when we can continue just as quickly without the tank being there.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    There is no excuse. Simply put, you're not doing your job right if a DPS ever gets to pull before you do.

Most of the time, in fact, it should be the DPS asking for you to slow down because they can't keep up with you.
    Lol, what a load of rubbish, Tanks have more things to look out for than DPS, if a pull ends in a wipe they are instantly blamed, they have to actually look for what to pull next, they have to look for patrols, they watch their healers mana (some of them lol) all DPS have to do is mash buttons at whatever comes to them
    That's one of the silliest excuses for bad behaviour I've seen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I am that dps that pulls extra stuff in dungeons while leveling, purposely, and often times without the tank. Let me explain my reasoning.

1. I value my time. As such, I like to do things as efficiently as possible. Sure, we could AoE down 10 mobs in about 10 seconds. But we could also AoE down 15 mobs in 10 seconds. I would prefer the extra experience.

2. My leveling toons always have full heirlooms to make things go faster. Dungeons are not tuned for players with full heirlooms, as such dungeons are very boring to me when done the *standard* way. Because of this, I like to make things more challenging. The only feasible way to do that in a low level dungeon is to pull extra mobs. This fulfills some of the challenge I seek.

3. To add on to the previous post, I like to use and learn my classes abilities as I level up. The best way to do this is while you're actually playing. I cannot properly do this with a 5 mob pull that dies in a matter of seconds. But if I pull 15 mobs, then I get to make use of many of my abilities to cc, kite, stay alive, AoE, etc. Learning is best done in an area that is challenging I believe. How else will you get better?

4. I don't need a tank or a healer (on my dps toons). Likewise, my tanks don't need healers or dps, and my healers don't need tanks or dps. Considering my toon vastly overgears the content, those roles aren't needed. I will pull what I can handle, so stop worrying about what I do, because it makes no difference if you choose to help me or not. If you want to tank those mobs and do some dps on them, great, that speeds things up and everyone benefits. If you choose not to, you're only hurting yourself.
    What you actually posted :"I'm a selfish brat who can't stand to play nice with other people, I'd rather make an ass of myself because LOL its the internet and anonymity kicks ass!"

You wanna go faster? Roll a tank, so you can get pissed off when shitheads that act like you start chain pulling.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This might be the most ignorant/stupid thing I've ever read regarding WoW.

OT: Just let them tank it. Someone pulls shit when I'm going I just let them tank it.
    Yeh i have this approach, When i tank i will say i don't mind hunters pulling if they MD me, But if you want to pull something, you can tank it, Just so they know I'm not going to chase around mobs off them because they didn't want to wait, Accidental pulls fine, but not if you're just trying to pull everything

This thread is awesome! A perfect example of why I don't play this crap game anymore.

Playing an MMO with a ME, ME, ME, ME attitude is just outstanding. Typical of today's spoiled, and entitled kiddies.

Deleted
    I haven't played WoW recently so don't know how the status quo is now. As an answer to your general question though in the title, people don't like to wait because they feel bored.

snip.
    i level tanks of every class just for fun every now and again because of how overpowered they are while leveling. my most recent one has been a pally tank who is 70 right now with all non-heirloom pieces being brutal and everything is gemmed/enchanted. the typical random queue for 70 is uk and i'll run in and pull everything all the way to the first boss and all the while doing 75% or more of the healing and damage. if you were in the group and after having gathered all of those mobs, you decided to go off and pull something, i would leave the group. i enjoy tanking and chain pulling like crazy because it is so much fun, but one of my biggest pet peeves are people who want to go off on their own when you have a tank who is pulling tremendous amounts of mobs and moving quickly. its not like i even ever come to a stop. i continue to chain pull even when things are still alive. if i have aggro on it, i move to more mobs. there is movement the entire instance and no need for a dps to go off on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    All of your points are about you. They're all "I this" and "I that". What you and others like you forget is that YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY PERSON THERE. Sorry for caps, but people like you who only consider what they like are a huge problem with this game nowadays. Look, even if the tank just pulls a few packs at a time, the instance will only take 20 mins or so. If the extra few minutes are REALLY that important to you, log off and go do whatever is so urgent.

I get the advantages of being able to solo to level cap, but it breeds this "me, me me" attitude that makes running random groups a chore vs a pleasure.
    Well, I've been leveling my hunter from level 1 in the way described, almost entirely through dungeons. Out of all of these, I had one person complain, and that was a paladin tank who couldn't keep agro (because he had forgotten righteous fury), so he said something angry and dropped after 3 pulls into the dungeon. Everyone else has gone along without any issues. In some cases I've also had decent tanks who were pulling too slow for my liking say absolutely nothing and over the course of the dungeon, they sped up immensely to the point where I couldn't even keep up with them anymore.

I would guess that many of the people that do dungeons to level up are of the same mind as me, and therefore have no issue with this mentality. I'm not a jerk to the people in the dungeon. I say hello, make some conversation, and wish people a good day at the end of the dungeon.

And of course my points are about me. This is my opinion. I can guess what other people want, but I can't read minds. My 4 points can be summarized by saying I want to use my time well in a challenging environment that allows me to learn my class. And this is just a guess as well, but I would assume many people would like the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    There is no excuse. Simply put, you're not doing your job right if a DPS ever gets to pull before you do.

Most of the time, in fact, it should be the DPS asking for you to slow down because they can't keep up with you.

Except there are idiot mages that run off in the middle of a pull to grab more stuff, often. Many dps do this but I've noticed mages are the worst.

People ignore what is currently being tanked/needing to be killed so they can prance off to grab more stuff. :/

I don't want to wait for a slow tank especially if I'm leveling through dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i level tanks of every class just for fun every now and again because of how overpowered they are while leveling. my most recent one has been a pally tank who is 70 right now with all non-heirloom pieces being brutal and everything is gemmed/enchanted. the typical random queue for 70 is uk and i'll run in and pull everything all the way to the first boss and all the while doing 75% or more of the healing and damage. if you were in the group and after having gathered all of those mobs, you decided to go off and pull something, i would leave the group. i enjoy tanking and chain pulling like crazy because it is so much fun, but one of my biggest pet peeves are people who want to go off on their own when you have a tank who is pulling tremendous amounts of mobs and moving quickly. its not like i even ever come to a stop. i continue to chain pull even when things are still alive. if i have aggro on it, i move to more mobs. there is movement the entire instance and no need for a dps to go off on their own.
    Maybe my post was a little unclear on how I do that. In this example, I play a hunter, so any extra mobs I pull are misdirected right to you. I don't run off from the group. In the cases of lower levels, those mobs run to me (because I don't have misdirection). I stand on top of the tank for a moment, then feign death which allows the tank to seamlessly get agro on everything. Any caster mobs are silencing shotted so they also run on top of the tank.

But tanking as you have described, I probably wouldn't have time to pull extra mobs anyway because I would be trying to dps and keep up with you anyway.

I just let them tank the mobs if they do that. If they die it's their own fault.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Shadowmeld was invented to remind hunters misdirection is a group buff and not a solo tool.

As for impatience... a lot of DPS end up being stuck in queue for 15 minutes, forced to watch for the timer since it's completely random. Once that's up, they're put into a group where the tank has all the power.
    Vengeance has created a bad atmosphere in Pandaland, whereby tank dps is too high through no skill. If tanks were more reliant on the dps to cc/kill mobs then there would be a more friendly atmosphere (or rather one where the group worked together), however I can't see Vengeance being removed until blizzard understand how worthless it is adding to damage (it should only function as a way to boost active mitigation).

I spend most of my time tanking and while levelling, if someone pulls a group I quite often skip it and move to the next. The tank has no obligation to pull mobs off people anymore so than the dps are obligated not to tank. If it slows the run down, then feel free to get annoyed but otherwise just focus on playing the game.

To be honest it sounds like you're one of those tanks who takes their sweet time pulling stuff and placing them nicely before moving further on.

As previously mentioned, if a DPS ever gets to pull before you do as a tank, then you're probably doing something wrong or different from standard in that said dungeon. In each dungeon there is specific pulls you do as a tank, do those and the DPS will be satisfied, because that's how they normally do it with other groups.

Instead of complaining in the MMO forum, take your time to improve yourself chain pulling, grants you faster dungeons and less stress since you won't end up battling for threat vs. a dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am that dps that pulls extra stuff in dungeons while leveling, purposely, and often times without the tank. Let me explain my reasoning.

1. I value my time. As such, I like to do things as efficiently as possible. Sure, we could AoE down 10 mobs in about 10 seconds. But we could also AoE down 15 mobs in 10 seconds. I would prefer the extra experience.

2. My leveling toons always have full heirlooms to make things go faster. Dungeons are not tuned for players with full heirlooms, as such dungeons are very boring to me when done the *standard* way. Because of this, I like to make things more challenging. The only feasible way to do that in a low level dungeon is to pull extra mobs. This fulfills some of the challenge I seek.

3. To add on to the previous post, I like to use and learn my classes abilities as I level up. The best way to do this is while you're actually playing. I cannot properly do this with a 5 mob pull that dies in a matter of seconds. But if I pull 15 mobs, then I get to make use of many of my abilities to cc, kite, stay alive, AoE, etc. Learning is best done in an area that is challenging I believe. How else will you get better?

4. I don't need a tank or a healer (on my dps toons). Likewise, my tanks don't need healers or dps, and my healers don't need tanks or dps. Considering my toon vastly overgears the content, those roles aren't needed. I will pull what I can handle, so stop worrying about what I do, because it makes no difference if you choose to help me or not. If you want to tank those mobs and do some dps on them, great, that speeds things up and everyone benefits. If you choose not to, you're only hurting yourself.

I, I, I, I, I, I!

I must go faster.
    I am more important than thou.
    I am godly, lick my feet.
    That's the issue right there... No one ever stops to think about the other 4 people in the group.

The exact same thing happens every single day in real life... perhaps if you stop being so self-centered,
    self-absorbed and selfish you'd see just how many people you've stepped on in your life.
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2013-07-05 at 10:16 PM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

I just let the DPS die, if they want to tank mobs thats ok. I also don't care if their pet is taunting, if the pet dies, oh well, less damage on me as a tank.

And since they like running so much and I always roll with healer friend they can corpse run all the way back to their body too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    To be honest it sounds like you're one of those tanks who takes their sweet time pulling stuff and placing them nicely before moving further on.

As previously mentioned, if a DPS ever gets to pull before you do as a tank, then you're probably doing something wrong or different from standard in that said dungeon. In each dungeon there is specific pulls you do as a tank, do those and the DPS will be satisfied, because that's how they normally do it with other groups.

Instead of complaining in the MMO forum, take your time to improve yourself chain pulling, grants you faster dungeons and less stress since you won't end up battling for threat vs. a dps.
    And you should take your time to read the post. I have no need for this "I am superior to you and you should spend your time improving your skillz instead of posting on mmo" attitude. Kthnxbye.

If a DPS pulls that means they are confident enough to take the mob alone. Do not heal them and do not pick up the adds. If you are the tank then just go pull the next mob while they die. If it is a hunter using md though, it's making the dungeon go faster without throwing anybody off because, tank still has aggro, dps are still killing the large mob while not taking damage, and the healer has very little more to heal on the tank.

But if the DPS feels like pulling, it is the tanks and healers that don't let them die that has encouraged this behavior. I've pulled on my DPS and healer plenty of times before, and I often finish the mob by myself before anybody even tries to help me, which is actually a huge help to the group and makes things a lot faster.

Heroics don't really require tanks anymore but in my case I usually tricks the tank and pull. Any plate DPS or classes that have dodge/parry/self-heals are capable of tanking heroics, not just the tank who queued as a tank. My goal for doing heroics is to clear them as fast as possible for VP cap.

I'd say I have a pretty good idea of the general competence of a group's tank in the first few pulls of the instance. If I feel they can handle more I'll pull more, never seen anyone complain about it. When I'm tanking I love when DPS do the pulls for me, makes it far more interesting to get aggro and improves the overall speed of the dungeon.