Poll: Favourite Login screen?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The scrapped screen is awesome.

I don't remember the classic one and I've liked all the other ones (Sindragosa's loud breathing aside). I am not overly attached to a particular one, nor do I hate any.

It would be kinda cool if they used the new expansion screen for from patch X.0 to X.1 and then after that just made it random between all the ones they've made, including the discarded ones.

Then again, with the new launcher app, login screens might be a thing of the past anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's Wrath's. Many people used to complain about Sindragosa's roar on the login screen, but I never really minded it.

After Wrath, I'd say it's the scrapped Cataclysm > Mists >= TBC > Classic > Cataclysm. Usually I'm the first to say each expansion generally improves upon the previous on nearly everything. The released Cataclysm login screen, however, didn't. Yeah, it was a good idea, excelent even, but it had a pretty bad paint job IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Wrath > Cata > TBC > MoP

Dunno about Vanilla, wasn't around then...

I like snow and cold places, so Wrath's is my favorite after they changed Sindragosa to roar less frequently.

I like the Cata one too but it bummed me out that they took away DW's roar - I don't know if they just made it take forever but I remember him doing it in beta and I remember him just looking back and forth in live.

The leaked but canned Cata one was also neat.

I thought Vanilla and BC were cool as a progression but they're not my favorites on an individual level. The MoP one is not my cup of tea either, it is pretty though.

I actually kinda wish the game had a way to choose which one you used - would be nice for variety and indulging the ol' nostalgia.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I liked the Wrath one the most, but the BC one was a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Classic one and the Scrapped Cata one.

Wrath being the worst with cata closely behind.

Obviously because dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Burning Crusade.

Deleted
    Vanilla and TBC for me. I'll never miss the Dark Portal waiting for me as I start up WoW.

Deleted
    Nostalgia dictates that Wrath was my favourite, and it is honestly. But I also like MoP's a lot also, as it's fairly peaceful but a blend of a gate and the scene of the current expansion.

Burning Crusade's dark portal log in screen by a mile.

I also like that in vanilla and TBC you see the dark portal but each time from a different point of view either from azeroth or outland, thats so awesome!

My favorite is Classic and the Burning crusade one closely after.
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.

Vanilla > TBC >> WotLK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MOP > Cata

I would say BC. Probably just so nostalgic

I adored the scrapped portal screen from Cata, but TBC will always be my top choice.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by -Kisu- View Post
    I adored the scrapped portal screen from Cata, but TBC will always be my top choice.
    Nostalgia beats everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated first post with a video showing all Login Screens so far.

Deleted
    I voted classic, just because I knew TBC would be getting heaps of votes as is.

Either of the first two are fine - really wish blizzard would give you an option as to which one you wanted to use.

In order of what i liked.
    TBC - Vanilla - MoP - Cataclysm - Wrath
    reasons
    1. TBC = was fucking epic
    2. Decent and it was intresting ;P
    3. Cause.. i'd rather not hav a stupid dragon on my loading screen and it's calm and smoothing for the hell that awaits ;P.
    4. Cata..well..need I say more than loud-dragon that lagged my damn PC(a bit bias)
    5. well.w.rath go figure why.. FRAKAKAA sindragosa..going ROAOOAROAORROWOROAGKGKSK and kills my pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that Twilight portal got a blast. I wonder why they choose to put deathwing instead of thatas a login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Damn that Twilight portal got a blast. I wonder why they choose to put deathwing instead of thatas a login screen.
    At Blizzcon they said something along the lines that the twilight hammer would not be as instantly recognizable so they opted for Deathwing.