Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefreak View Post
    But you are again wrong on your math. You just cannot erase my aoe damage from those as minus and have a result. If i weren't doing the aoe there at that time, do you think i was standing still empty handed, and not dpsing not executing ?? That was just a minor upgrade to result. Aoe dps instead execute dps, wouldn't be so different.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...926&target=120

AoE has a 20-target cap, and even with all the ball lightning that spawns, there are not enough adds that spawn to hit that cap.

If you swap back and forth from:
    http://gyazo.com/01d5abd12dfc8c57b8a215bb27d84e18
    (Only damage done to unharnessed in the last phase.)
    and
    http://gyazo.com/cadf6ab92e94b3b368758d54345aaf2d
    (Only damage done to ball lightning in last phase)

Any damage that you did to unharnessed while aoeing the ball lightning is all extra damage that would not be there otherwise, because you would not be doing anything else there. For the most part you only hit the unharnessed when the ball lightning was up, so my 16 million estimate was a tad over, but 12-13 million is still 7-8% of your overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragefreak View Post
    Okay defense of math is your only escape point. Please explain me how in the earth 4x BB beats 2x avatar. You are the person who's bullsh1tting here all day, that's what you do. Because i just checked sky high chineese logs and here what it is:
    rank#1 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v.../?s=972&e=1592
    rank#2 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...7/?s=149&e=793
    world 1 and world 2 ranked chineese warriors.
    Both used avatar. Listen here carefully sucker because that is who you are. Rank 1 uses primordus trinket. Yeah in your face. It's better on situational like i said before, remembered ? and you arrogantly come against and tried to abuse against me without even had any idea what i was talking about. And lei shen is one of those.

You are missing this point. Your claims are only thoughts and theories. Mines are my expertise.

Also, i never ever said anything against fabled feather of jikun trinket, or bloodbath. You started flaming when i said primo trinket and avatar is more viable on some conditions without having any idea of what i'm talking about. Now that i strongly proved that to you on 2x world and 1st west rank, you can seriously shut up.

Or may keep bullsh1tting without ever seeing the bosses we're arguing about.

And 1 thing yet you still don't know about. Offhand expertise effects raging blows and whirlwinds main hand attacks. Because they're united damage you cannot hit one and dodge one. It's full dodge or full hit. Just like you are missing MH expertise.

No point going further on this arguement and going off topic. I put my thoughts and proved with my log and top chineese logs there. It's your choice and style. Blood bath still viable yet avatar is few steps ahead.
    You could be the Queen of England, you would have to be respectful all the same.
    Please, keep it civil.

Also, "your claims are only advanced theory crafting, mines are based on biased experiments" is not really a line that would convince anyone here.
    If someone proves something with TC, yo won't prove him wrong by saying "I do otherwise and I still have a huge dps". You will prove him wrong by pointing out his mistakes or at least by showing that, on a great sample, people who act otherwise perform better.

#shotsfired the official thread

Shocking news apparently parses on Lei Shen are about how bad your guild is at soaking bolts and AOEing adds. Hear more, after what's coming up next, you can't rank #1 on Ji-kun if you're not on a super optimal nest rotation.
    Last edited by Jalopy; 2013-07-12 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    #shotsfired the official thread

Shocking news apparently parses on Lei Shen are about how bad your guild is at soaking bolts and AOEing adds. Hear more, after what's coming up next, you can't rank #1 on Ji-kun if you're not on a super optimal nest rotation.
    Ranking #1 on bosses weeks after they've been on farm is almost always based on some sort of odd strategy that would generally get you killed if you tried it on progression.

Not really. It's either padding, RPPM RNG, or some variance in your specific strat which gives you a one-up over others. I had a handful of #1s on progression (N+H) that were with me playing exactly the way I should be to kill a boss.

Not really. It's either padding, RPPM RNG, or some variance in your specific strat which gives you a one-up over others. I had a handful of #1s on progression (N+H) that were with me playing exactly the way I should be to kill a boss.
    Your avatar makes Richard Simmons look straight. :P

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    If you knew the source you'd be saying something very different.

PS don't ask me for the source and don't try to find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Please...I am interested in this. Tell me more....

Lol. Yeah, we had a .5% wipe where I was sitting at 249k and would have parsed number one. Trust me, it wasn't because I was performing like a #1. Fail on ads by others...

Yeah back in my old guild I had a few P2.5 pushes where I was sitting at like 250k. If we had killed it those attempts, probably would have finished like 260k~. All it means is that people suck at soaking adds + you are carrying add damage, either due to lack of good players or lack of able players.

Quote Originally Posted by jalopy View Post
    if you knew the source you'd be saying something very different.

Ps don't ask me for the source and don't try to find it.
    wHAT IS IT I MUST KNOW
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-07-12 at 05:41 AM. Reason: caps

Depends on the fight and the willingness of some people to rank.
    I remember Yor'sarjh, for instance. The #1 of several classes belonged to Freak Me Out (the 10HM French guild who lost too many member after T14, sadly. ) because their strat was to always let black+yellow combination happens so that one player assigned to aoe would be amazing. There have been a lot of examples of such behavior over the years of raid using a different strat only to allow one player to rank very high.
    I don't even mention Tricks of the trade fest that often appears.

Our raid we have stunners, grippers, etc. Balls last around 3 to 4 secs tops. So I have to cancel my reckstorms/bladestorms Then use the remainder of my recklessness, banner on the boss. But if I don't reckstorm them I'm only going to make the aoe last longer right?

Currently TG but rarely ever get past 200k and have the lowest boss damage but some of the highest on adds. Just one of those fights its hard to tell what to go with sometimes. Logs I looked at a few months ago showed people using reckstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Our raid we have stunners, grippers, etc. Balls last around 3 to 4 secs tops. So I have to cancel my reckstorms/bladestorms Then use the remainder of my recklessness, banner on the boss. But if I don't reckstorm them I'm only going to make the aoe last longer right?

Currently TG but rarely ever get past 200k and have the lowest boss damage but some of the highest on adds. Just one of those fights its hard to tell what to go with sometimes. Logs I looked at a few months ago showed people using reckstorm.
    Honestly, if you are farming, it doesn't matter. Progression, let the other classes handle the aoe (they just need to die in the 5 sec stun), as our bladestorm does "steal" raid DPS. You may be better off taking either dragon roar or shockwave with your situation. Just don't dragon roar the ads as some cleave damage may not reach the knockback location. In this case, you could just hold it for a few seconds if off CD, or move away from ads, us DR, then heroic leap back in.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Honestly, if you are farming, it doesn't matter. Progression, let the other classes handle the aoe (they just need to die in the 5 sec stun), as our bladestorm does "steal" raid DPS. You may be better off taking either dragon roar or shockwave with your situation. Just don't dragon roar the ads as some cleave damage may not reach the knockback location. In this case, you could just hold it for a few seconds if off CD, or move away from ads, us DR, then heroic leap back in.
    It's still progression, I thought about shockwave but other classes have longer stuns, which is why I rarely ever get called to use it. This is 25man btw.
    Maybe avatar, since BB goes to waste on adds where as avatar would get used more on boss + adds. But every class has this problem I'm sure adds die fast no one gets to get a long aoe session in, but if half the people decided to stop using their aoe then the adds would live longer making us have to use more stuns and make the fight harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    good chance those stunners will be dead in p3 (so, never hurts to have an extra stun). Avatar isn't the best choice outside of arena/bgs. Just don't use BB on the ads. They die in seconds, so just hold off on using it for a second or two.

3 fury warriors alternate Bladestorm for adds? Good idea?

If you let others have the duty of stunning, and all three of your warriors are TG, then yes, it's good to rotate the Blade Storms.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    3 fury warriors alternate Bladestorm for adds? Good idea?
    Yes. If you do it any other way, the first set of balls die in milliseconds, and the others linger for 4-7 seconds.

This whole argument that fury shouldn't aoe the adds is a bit silly. Why aren't other classes "Stealing" raid dps when they do it? When it comes to sheer burst AoE, there isn't an ability in the game that is equal or better than bladestorm. (Maybe other than a monk tank) This whole notion that fury shouldn't do what fury does best is a bit silly, and makes us seem like second class citizens. The faster ball lightning die, the faster everyone can swap back to Lei Shen.

Bladestorm isn't a single target dps loss, I don't know when it was removed from the default action list on simcraft, but I just added it back.
    (all are single target)

http://gyazo.com/1ed4cac91014973eb26a4691ac855e44
    dragon roar - 206.6k

http://gyazo.com/0f7d8c78eec57d6c9bed7d678955f984
    Bladestorm - 201.8k

http://gyazo.com/5fc4f7c37b9c86d6c3872c6b8418ca15
    No use of dragon roar or bladestorm. - 199.7k

With a 60 second cooldown, it'll be even closer to dragon roar.
    http://gyazo.com/aeeacba8fc74c4489e1b4eb2150f4a8a
    203.1k dps

If you knew the source you'd be saying something very different.
    I don't think liking that kind of thing is a good badge of honor, Jalopy..
    Last edited by Khalys; 2013-07-14 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalys View Post
    I don't think liking that kind of thing is a good badge of honor, Jalopy.
    But, its jalopy.