Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Yeah it's ridiculous. There's a lot of cloth and leather that look exactly like heavy armour. The armour types need to be removed because it seems they get mostly ignored when it comes to designing gear.

    I've enjoyed this expansion, but I can't wait for it to be over just for the ugly themed gear to go away.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2013-07-06 at 07:36 PM.

  2. #202
    The Patient Bawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Art may be subjective but when the majority despise particular pieces then maybe, just maybe they're onto something.
    'The majority' is not a small group of loud people screaming on a forum. BTW. Just because people are expressing their opinions here doesn't mean they're the majority of a 8-10 million player base. So please, speak for yourself.

    I like the current sets and i've liked most of the tier sets this expansion. It's all a matter of opinion. You will like some sets and you will hate some sets. In the end, its just freaking gear you put on for a few months and they've given you the option to CHANGE YOUR GEAR. Really nothing else beyond that has to be said. You have thousands of customize combinations and options at your fingertips ... seriously what more do you want?
    Last edited by Bawk; 2013-07-06 at 09:45 PM.
    Artist | YouTuber & Streamer | Mythic Raider & 2k+ RBGer
    Bawkachu - Balance/Guardian PvE | Bawkazam - Arcane PvE | Darthbawk - Demonology PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Guess what, babe? This majority you mention doesn't exist. I'm aware that it's hard to climb out from within the 4 walls of your own skull, but try it sometime.
    How condescending especially when I didn't even state my opinion on the sets. I think the DK set looks fine, not sure about the others but I have yet to find a set that I personally despise.

    Please, stop trying to talk down to people. It just makes you look like an asshole. I didn't even state whether it was concerning Tier 16, just a general note.

    P.S. You're not my partner.

  4. #204
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,748
    I think this tier, especially the PVE sets are the most bland boring pieces of crap they have ever turned out. The priest set looks good, everything else...thank god they implemented transmog.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    'The majority' is not a small group of loud people screaming on a forum. BTW. Just because people are expressing their opinions here doesn't mean they're the majority of a 8-10 million player base. So please, speak for yourself.

    I like the current sets and i've liked most of the tier sets this expansion. It's all a matter of opinion. You will like some sets and you will hate some sets. In the end, its just freaking gear you put on for a few months and they've given you the option to CHANGE YOUR GEAR. Really nothing else beyond that has to be said. You have thousands of customize combinations and options at your fingertips ... seriously what more do you want?
    Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.

  6. #206
    Herald of the Titans chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF.
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.
    Not detecting any rage in that post. You spoke for others, were wrong, and got corrected.

    Plenty people like the sets. There is no majority, as you say.

  7. #207
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    177
    Yes art is subjective, but I think it boils down to alot of people want class themed sets like vanilla, bc, and the challenge mode sets. These asian/pandaria themed ones are just not going to be as popular. But that's just my two cents.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Not detecting any rage in that post. You spoke for others, were wrong, and got corrected.

    Plenty people like the sets. There is no majority, as you say.
    Full caps and bold.

    It was a general statement, apparently you can't figure that out.

    For example, Hunter T11 among some of the other T11 sets are reviled by so many to the point where I haven't seen anyone transmogrify into these sets or even seen them in general after their respective patch.

  9. #209
    Scarab Lord Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I just don't understand this tier's theme.

    Is it Org? Are we just putting parts of Org on ourselves?
    To the looter go the spoils!

  10. #210
    Herald of the Titans chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF.
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Full caps and bold.

    It was a general statement, apparently you can't figure that out.

    For example, Hunter T11 among some of the other T11 sets are reviled by so many to the point where I haven't seen anyone transmogrify into these sets or even seen them in general after their respective patch.
    Except it wasn't full caps. Just bold. And that isn't indicative of rage. Calm down. You are being pretty rageful yourself. Settle down, bro.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Except it wasn't full caps. Just bold. And that isn't indicative of rage. Calm down. You are being pretty rageful yourself. Settle down, bro.
    Now you're not making any sense, he was going on with "CHANGE YOUR GEAR" and there I am not angered in the least nor have I indicated such. I would keep talking to you but your condescending way of expressing yourself can only be dealt with for so long before I simply tire of it.

  12. #212
    They've lost touch with what made tiers recognizable. You'd be hard pressed to find any set visually connected with its class, design relies more on vague depictions of current expansion or patch with bland colors and uninspired features.

  13. #213
    I hate the colors. Everything look so washed out and greyish. This has been going on since WotlK.

  14. #214
    Herald of the Titans chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF.
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Now you're not making any sense, he was going on with "CHANGE YOUR GEAR" and there I am not angered in the least nor have I indicated such. I would keep talking to you but your condescending way of expressing yourself can only be dealt with for so long before I simply tire of it.
    Sorry, but there's no rage in his post. You're grasping. As you are with suggesting I'm condescending. Sorry, but you chose to imply that because you hold an opinion, its the majority. Or "onto something." I corrected you, because that's what people do on forums. That you chose to then squirm and wriggle about, pointing fingers around the room in stead of owning up to your mistake, is not my business, babe. That's just how your cookies are crumbling.

  15. #215
    Honestly what really bothers me is that they did an amazing job in the Challenge Mode armors which are harder to obtain (I mean Its not that the dungeons are that hard but its quite difficult to find 4 ppl wiling to wipe and try again for a long time) and the ones that are accessible to the majority of the players just look ugly and show some disregard or lack of effort in designing them.

    If its a different Team doing Challenge Mode armors I hope blizzard promotes them to do the Tier sets from now on.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    They've lost touch with what made tiers recognizable.
    How eye-bleedingly hideous some of them were?

  17. #217
    The Patient Bawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.
    I wasn't raging about anything. :P
    You made an assumption that 'majority' of the playerbase dislikes this set when that is far from truth.



    Unfortunately those that cry the loudest usually get what they want -- but honestly people need to learn to have more open minds and let the developers actually create something for once without people throwing a hissy fit. It's honestly pretty pathetic and people should be ashamed. This game isn't designed with one person in mind and it's trying to cater to multiple tastes. Maybe the Asian theme isn't something people enjoy? It's better to be patient and wait for another tier or expansion. Nothing in this game is 'permanent' and the content continues to get pumped out. Just sick and tired of seeing everyone make these threads and act like Blizzard is tying everyone down with ropes and DEMANDING they wear this tier gear! They gave everyone the equal option to transmog their gear, so make use of it.

    After all, as someone who is enjoying the Asian theme and the mogu-inspired tier gear as well as the unique asian themed gear, there's always a chance that I will hate the next expansion's tier set gear. As a player, I am entitled to my opinion. Is it worth making a thread and trying to make an uproar about it? Nope. I have plenty of transmog sets.
    Artist | YouTuber & Streamer | Mythic Raider & 2k+ RBGer
    Bawkachu - Balance/Guardian PvE | Bawkazam - Arcane PvE | Darthbawk - Demonology PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

  18. #218
    Elemental Lord Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With Luck, Northrend.
    Posts
    8,222
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    After all, as someone who is enjoying the Asian theme and the mogu-inspired tier gear as well as the unique asian themed gear, there's always a chance that I will hate the next expansion's tier set gear. As a player, I am entitled to my opinion. Is it worth making a thread and trying to make an uproar about it? Nope. I have plenty of transmog sets.
    As a player I am entitled to my opinion as well, my opinion just happens to be that these sets, much like most everything else in pandaria, look like shit. I was honestly hoping we'd get some, you know, Orgrimmar themed gear, instead we're getting some God-Awful themed gear.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oof, no need to get rude, I was making a simple post.
    For the third or fourth time in the same thread, was his point.

    Subjectivity of art or not; some of the sets just do not meet the overall quality standards set by Blizzard for sets.

    How do you go from sets with every possible piece having been given a lot of detail attention to ones (for some classes) that just look like a lot of that was thrown out the window? I think another reason people tend to jump on the tier sets is one or more of the following reasons (feel free to add):

    1. Some perceive (correctly or incorrectly) that Blizzard is going more lax with tier sets because they know that players will always fall back on transmog if they dislike a set and may even do it if they like one
    2. Sometimes the chosen theme for a set just strikes a bizarrely offensive or repellent chord with some players (I know a lot of players who are all fizzly about the druid set)
    3. As that recent blue post touched on (it was a reply to a player) - some people really like more colorful sets and get angry every tier that doesn't bring that back a little.
    4. Some of the more common features of Blizzard's sets go the wrong way with half of a class base - some paladins love the robed look; others just decry it as a skirt and call the set crap.
    5. A lot of people really like for sets to have a dungeon theme instead of a class theme for raids that it could fit - warriors wanted the Garrosh look; etc..
    6. Some sets just really, really come out of left field (this is probably the least concrete of my reasons but it seemed appropriate) for a class or raid theme; e.g. the Dragon Soul death knight armor - "Necrotic Boneplate" set didn't really fit as a dungeon theme (there weren't any undead dragons or other undead) and it wasn't exactly a blockbuster in the "well-executed new theme" department, either; however, a lot of the hatred for it may've simply come from envy at how cool and well-done the warrior set was - I think there was a lot of plate-envy there.

    So that's what I think about the trend - it may not hold up all the time but I think a few of those are reasons why a lot of people cry out about the sets.

    I personally have been completely let-down by some of them (warrior, druid, mage) and unexpectedly satisfied by others (Death Knight, Paladin, Priest)

    I imagine being an artist for the tier sets/weapons is extremely stressful - you can't make every set a Scourgelord set (I use this because some website that measures WoW statistics found that it was the most popular transmog for death knights in the game by a large margin) or Judgment set or whatever other super popular set they've done for some classes (dreadnought, etc..)

    I really liked the sets they've done for most classes so far - I had no beef with any of them aside from the Monk sets; I don't know why - I just didn't find myself admiring one or the other yet.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

  20. #220
    I don't really like any of them, but honestly that's what transmog is for.

    What peevs me a bit though is that none of them really look like the class they're made for. IDK the druid and paladin set just look so random. The only "druidy" part of the druid set is a leaf hanging off their belt.

    /shrug maybe that's just me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •