Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    You're essentially saying that anyone can create any sort of pos, and if it gets enough attention and a minority thinks it looks good - it's art, and it does? "Don't like it? It's subjective".

Like previously mentioned: Some things are just plain shit, objectively. Not everything's up to preference, so stop using that bs argument.

The same thing could be said about current popular music spouting on every radio channel. It's not good "music", at all, in any way, yet people claim it to be.

Sometime's shit's just shit, and that's it.
    Explain where you come up with this minority concept. Where's the study? Where's the poll? Who the fuck made you omniscient? Stop talking out of your ass about something you have no control over and no evidence to back up your BS claims. :>

No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    You're essentially saying that anyone can create any sort of pos, and if it gets enough attention and a minority thinks it looks good - it's art, and it does? "Don't like it? It's subjective".

Like previously mentioned: Some things are just plain shit, objectively. Not everything's up to preference, so stop using that bs argument.

The same thing could be said about current popular music spouting on every radio channel. It's not good "music", at all, in any way, yet people claim it to be.

Sometimes shit's just shit, and that's it.

Find me a group of four artists who could do a better job than the current tier team.

I'm sure it won't be hard given that Blizzard don't hire the best and most experienced in their fields, who definitely haven't been drawing and designing since early childhood, who probably haven't spent years honing their craft and they definately don't head hunt the best talent out their at the moment.

I'm looking forward to what you link, I have a feeling I'll laugh, hard

Different things float different peoples boats, I personally haven't liked most sets in many years, t-mog is there for a reason and to some a god send.
    Kibblet Infectionate Serenades Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Taxiporte Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Shoctologist Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

My big issue is the fact that they seem to have forgotten some sets.

For instance, did they really take the S14 paladin set and cut the helmet in half to make T16 rogue? Because they're pretty much the same set.

Also, was T16 warrior originally a Paladin or Druid set? Because it sure as hell wasn't a warrior set. Purple warrior sets make sense.

Yeah it's ridiculous. There's a lot of cloth and leather that look exactly like heavy armour. The armour types need to be removed because it seems they get mostly ignored when it comes to designing gear.

I've enjoyed this expansion, but I can't wait for it to be over just for the ugly themed gear to go away.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2013-07-06 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Art may be subjective but when the majority despise particular pieces then maybe, just maybe they're onto something.
    'The majority' is not a small group of loud people screaming on a forum. BTW. Just because people are expressing their opinions here doesn't mean they're the majority of a 8-10 million player base. So please, speak for yourself.

I like the current sets and i've liked most of the tier sets this expansion. It's all a matter of opinion. You will like some sets and you will hate some sets. In the end, its just freaking gear you put on for a few months and they've given you the option to CHANGE YOUR GEAR. Really nothing else beyond that has to be said. You have thousands of customize combinations and options at your fingertips ... seriously what more do you want?
    Last edited by Bawk; 2013-07-06 at 09:45 PM.

Bawk - Balance PvE (Alliance) | Bawk - Balance PvP (Horde)
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Guess what, babe? This majority you mention doesn't exist. I'm aware that it's hard to climb out from within the 4 walls of your own skull, but try it sometime.
    How condescending especially when I didn't even state my opinion on the sets. I think the DK set looks fine, not sure about the others but I have yet to find a set that I personally despise.

Please, stop trying to talk down to people. It just makes you look like an asshole. I didn't even state whether it was concerning Tier 16, just a general note.

P.S. You're not my partner.

I think this tier, especially the PVE sets are the most bland boring pieces of crap they have ever turned out. The priest set looks good, everything else...thank god they implemented transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    'The majority' is not a small group of loud people screaming on a forum. BTW. Just because people are expressing their opinions here doesn't mean they're the majority of a 8-10 million player base. So please, speak for yourself.

I like the current sets and i've liked most of the tier sets this expansion. It's all a matter of opinion. You will like some sets and you will hate some sets. In the end, its just freaking gear you put on for a few months and they've given you the option to CHANGE YOUR GEAR. Really nothing else beyond that has to be said. You have thousands of customize combinations and options at your fingertips ... seriously what more do you want?
    Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.

Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.
    Not detecting any rage in that post. You spoke for others, were wrong, and got corrected.

Plenty people like the sets. There is no majority, as you say.

High Overlord
    Yes art is subjective, but I think it boils down to alot of people want class themed sets like vanilla, bc, and the challenge mode sets. These asian/pandaria themed ones are just not going to be as popular. But that's just my two cents.
    My Main: [URL"http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Frederick/simple"]Frederick the Insane[/URL]

Not detecting any rage in that post. You spoke for others, were wrong, and got corrected.

Plenty people like the sets. There is no majority, as you say.
    Full caps and bold.

It was a general statement, apparently you can't figure that out.

For example, Hunter T11 among some of the other T11 sets are reviled by so many to the point where I haven't seen anyone transmogrify into these sets or even seen them in general after their respective patch.

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I just don't understand this tier's theme.

Is it Org? Are we just putting parts of Org on ourselves?
    To the looter go the spoils!

Full caps and bold.

It was a general statement, apparently you can't figure that out.

For example, Hunter T11 among some of the other T11 sets are reviled by so many to the point where I haven't seen anyone transmogrify into these sets or even seen them in general after their respective patch.
    Except it wasn't full caps. Just bold. And that isn't indicative of rage. Calm down. You are being pretty rageful yourself. Settle down, bro.

Except it wasn't full caps. Just bold. And that isn't indicative of rage. Calm down. You are being pretty rageful yourself. Settle down, bro.
    Now you're not making any sense, he was going on with "CHANGE YOUR GEAR" and there I am not angered in the least nor have I indicated such. I would keep talking to you but your condescending way of expressing yourself can only be dealt with for so long before I simply tire of it.

They've lost touch with what made tiers recognizable. You'd be hard pressed to find any set visually connected with its class, design relies more on vague depictions of current expansion or patch with bland colors and uninspired features.

I hate the colors. Everything look so washed out and greyish. This has been going on since WotlK.

Now you're not making any sense, he was going on with "CHANGE YOUR GEAR" and there I am not angered in the least nor have I indicated such. I would keep talking to you but your condescending way of expressing yourself can only be dealt with for so long before I simply tire of it.
    Sorry, but there's no rage in his post. You're grasping. As you are with suggesting I'm condescending. Sorry, but you chose to imply that because you hold an opinion, its the majority. Or "onto something." I corrected you, because that's what people do on forums. That you chose to then squirm and wriggle about, pointing fingers around the room in stead of owning up to your mistake, is not my business, babe. That's just how your cookies are crumbling.

Honestly what really bothers me is that they did an amazing job in the Challenge Mode armors which are harder to obtain (I mean Its not that the dungeons are that hard but its quite difficult to find 4 ppl wiling to wipe and try again for a long time) and the ones that are accessible to the majority of the players just look ugly and show some disregard or lack of effort in designing them.

If its a different Team doing Challenge Mode armors I hope blizzard promotes them to do the Tier sets from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    They've lost touch with what made tiers recognizable.
    How eye-bleedingly hideous some of them were?