Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I would agree that the GW2 updates are of a lighter fair than other AAA MMO updates. Anet do make up for it in volume though.

Not aware of any new dungeons to the game besides fractals though. There was an AC remake of sorts. But I don't believe Anet added any new dungeons.
    Well there's a new one in the game right now, Fencers. Aetherblade Retreat. You may have heard of it, it's the one people are crying about all over the forums because of the difficulty.

People trying to discount the content since it is temporary are being foolish imo. Seriously, how many times would you want to run a dungeon if you didn't have to for valor points or whatever?

The temp content keeps the game fresh and exciting, it's like christmas every two weeks. If they keep mixing up permanent stuff with temporary stuff I think they have a winning formula. Cuz let's face it, running the same raid for 6 months to a year is BORING.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-07-08 at 12:15 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Well there's a new one in the game right now, Fencers. Aetherblade Retreat. You may have heard of it, it's the one people are crying about all over the forums because of the difficulty.
    I haven't played it yet. I have too much work/IRL stuff for any gaming lately.

Is it an actual dungeon dungeons?

I know Anet have added instances with these living story things- but those are more in the style of the personal story ones. Rather than the ACx, Arahx, CoFx, etc. Which is what I think of/mean by dungeons.

People trying to discount the content since it is temporary are being foolish imo.
    I agree.

Seriously, how many times would you want to run a dungeon if you didn't have to for valor points or whatever?
    If well designed- a lot?

I mean the whole point of having an interesting in this medium of video games is to investigate remarkable design, execution, ideas, etc.

It's like saying to me, "how often would listen to this record?" Well if it was a "good" record, more than a few times.

yeah one of the best in GW2 so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, an actual dungeon. It goes away Tuesday, so get in if you get a chance. A shortened version will come back in Fractals at some point but we don't know when yet.
    Valar morghulis

Skimmed through video. Looks interesting.

Will try to drag my husband through it before it's over.

I know Anet have added instances with these living story things- but those are more in the style of the personal story ones. Rather than the ACx, Arahx, CoFx, etc. Which is what I think of/mean by dungeons.
    In the same way that the earlier stuff had Molten Factory (5 man dungeon) at the same time it had several story instances, the current set has a personal story instance (investigation) along with a dungeon (5man).

Oh so the dungeon is still here today?

Or will it dissapear with the massive update ? I thought that would come today, right?

On a sidenote; I WISH they would stop adding temporary content... -_-'
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-07-09 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    @OP well, you have already wasted your money buying that "game" so at least give him a proper try but don't think you'll find it more enjoyable than the first time you tryied it.
    it's an horrible game full of fanboys and nothing more.

Please refrain from game bashing and calling others fanboys. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-07-09 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    it's an horrible game full of fanboys and nothing more.
    it's a horrible game for trolls, yeah

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2372798
    just one of the countless examples

@aevitas: it's here until the new patch goes live. You're right, that's today. Temporary content gives you new things to do constantly. Yeah, you might miss stuff if you can't play the game once in 2 weeks, but you'll always get new things to do, so it's not that big of a loss. The best dungeons will return as fractals.

Haha, that dude got served.

Thanks for the info Maarius

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Where you forget to mention that 1 update in one of the big mmo's equals about 10-20 GW2 updates in amount of content........
    Amount of content 2/10 for me really... Before hitting 80 it is fine, but when you reach 80 the content dries out really fast, and the 2-week (currently 4-week) mini-updates just don't cut it for content.
    10-20? what a load of rubbish. I've played WoW and besides the stream of mounts and pets you can purchase WoW you can go half a year without seeing anything new at all for your $15 a month.

Meanwhile gw2 -> http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_release and that's 13 of them. Living story chapters, new zones, mini games (some not so mini, SAB for example), new armour, new weapons, guild missions (bounties, rushes, missions, challenges), new dungeons (9 fractals + 4 others), new quests, new ingame functions, new rewards, new skill systems (not just revised but NEW), jumping puzzles...

big updates in WoW are what? a raid with a few quests stuck on that can be completed in a few hours if that. The raid? just go LFR and see all that big content patch within a week. gee whiz I'm overwhelmed with things to do.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    10-20? what a load of rubbish. I've played WoW and besides the stream of mounts and pets you can purchase WoW you can go half a year without seeing anything new at all for your $15 a month.

Meanwhile gw2 -> http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_release and that's 13 of them. Living story chapters, new zones, mini games (some not so mini, SAB for example), new armour, new weapons, guild missions (bounties, rushes, missions, challenges), new dungeons (9 fractals + 4 others), new quests, new ingame functions, new rewards, new skill systems (not just revised but NEW), jumping puzzles...

big updates in WoW are what? a raid with a few quests stuck on that can be completed in a few hours if that. The raid? just go LFR and see all that big content patch within a week. gee whiz I'm overwhelmed with things to do.
    Just a note, the person you quoted was not talking about World of Warcraft specifically.

This is not a WoW vs. other games forum. It's awesome if people play WoW or played WoW at some point. Though WoW is not the only point of reference in this genre of video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Every big update in traditional mmos has that, wow always has tier updates, rift introduced homes, some games offer entire new races and revamped zones, EVERYTHING you have put in there is what other games offer. Your ramblings about mounts and pets is just obnoxious and simply lies, my mmo of choice right now might be GW2 but that doesn't mean I can watch people tramp over my old mmos with utter bullshit. And as Fencers says wow is not the only mmo offering available. Lets face it, both games have different offerings one may prefer one style to another, but lets not lie in our posts, it doesnt add much to the discussion, it just riles up fanboys and ex fanboys like myself.

Ive said before, the GW2 updates so far have not appealed to me at all, too much temporary and too much fluff, the quantity is great, the quality, not so much.