Something I've always found strange about Pandas...

... why do they have sandals permanently fused on the soles of their paws?

I can't imagine wearing those while wearing boots at the same time. You look at the other races - humans, night and blood elves - when their boots aren't equipped, they are barefoot. Tauren actually do wear footwear (anatomically speaking, a cow's 'foot' is the bit of limb just above the hoof). Worgen paws are too big to wear them, I guess - but you can actually see their pawsies.

So what is it about pandas? Do they have their sandals fused to their feet? Is it some kind of cultural taboo to be barepawed?

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a shelder slowpoke relationship the sandals are the ones controlling the pandas

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    They have a shelder slowpoke relationship the sandals are the ones controlling the pandas
    /mindblown

Never paid attention since the only time i played a male panda all i could see is his gigantic butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Never paid attention since the only time i played a male panda all i could see is his gigantic butt.
    Booty booty booty booty rockin' errywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason trolls don't wear shoes. It's mainly a cultural/comfort/racial flavor thing. Also notice that it only shows like that on the Vanilla and BC boot models--the chunky boots introduced in Wrath behave normally and conceal the sandals, toes, and heels.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post

I can't imagine wearing those while wearing boots at the same time. You look at the other races - humans, night and blood elves - when their boots aren't equipped, they are barefoot. Tauren actually do wear footwear (anatomically speaking, a cow's 'foot' is the bit of limb just above the hoof). Worgen paws are too big to wear them, I guess - but you can actually see their pawsies.

So what is it about pandas? Do they have their sandals fused to their feet? Is it some kind of cultural taboo to be barepawed?
    It's probably just an art direction thing, to keep their visual consistent. Like their underwear.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    ... holy crap on a stick. My only reaction is

/mindblown
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    ... holy crap on a stick. My only reaction is

You expect them to run around barefoot like some uncivilized worgen or troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You expect them to run around barefoot like some uncivilized worgen or troll?
    Yeah. So I canz tickle their pawsies. :3

Worgen pawsies happen to be VERY ticklish. I wonder if pandas are the same?

Deleted
    Yeah. So I canz tickle their pawsies. :3

Worgen pawsies happen to be VERY ticklish. I wonder if pandas are the same?
    Your... thing for tickling is starting to get very creepy.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, and characters always wear their underwear, too. How do they make little toons? The most any of them can hope for is second base.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gast View Post
    Your... thing for tickling is starting to get very creepy.
    Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Pandaria you're considered a slut if you show off the bottoms of your feet.

I have always found it odd that the say the "next one" is on me. But the cheap bastards never buy me anything.......

Deleted
    its prob a mainstream thingy about china culture wearing sandals xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they give them little tails that poke out the back of the holes in their clothes that look like they've always got a lil' cliffhanger coming out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    In Pandaria you're considered a slut if you show off the bottoms of your feet.
    That's why the strip joints are so boring.

I just assumed it was a culture sort of deal, same as trolls refusing to wear shoes at all.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I looked at my Panda Cub, Red Panda, Mountain Panda, Sunfur Panda and Snowy Panda and didn't see see any sandals on them at all. As far as I know, these are the only pandas in the game.