Kael'thas bug -.-

So yesterday I went to TK with my friend for my weekly mount farm...
    And I have never encountered this bug before, but when we entered p4, and Kael lifted himself in the air to channel the energy, he became unresponsive and bugged out on us..
    He stayed in the air for like 15 minutes, was unable to be targeted, and pseudo-fixated me: following me everywhere I went ..But nonetheless he did not respond..
    Well then, I dced and after I logged in later, my friend had gone offline and I had to clear the trash again to try and kill kaelthas..and guess what, IT HAPPENED AGAIN -.-
    I checked up on the net and other people have encountered this bug before, but instead of fixing it, Blizz instead encourages players to perform a soft reset and then defeat Kael again..And supposedly this bug was not suppose to occur again but it still did....
    Any ideas why this is occurring to me repeatedly and why blizz just doesnt fix this?

Blizzard has stated many, many times that overgearing old content causes it to do buggy things. (Hyjal says hi.) I think they'd rather focus on fixing problems with legitimate content before going back to "fix" old content people easily overpower.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they clearly do care about old content, because of the recent updates they have made so that players can solo content, But sometimes killing something too fast, especially something that has phases can cause the issue, You just have to be carefull, Back in TBC i would farm stratholme, and it used to bug a lot, and i had a GM come into strath with me (back when they would) and he would in the slaughter house, point to mobs for me to kill, to do it at an appropriate speed, as me killing everything too fast was bugging it

The way they can stop it from ever happening is remove the phases, but that would be stupid, so just reset, and take a lil time, and good luck on your mount hunt, i don't have much experience soloing it as i got the mount on my first run lol, but that's all the advice i can offer

Blizzard does mildly care about soloing stuff, especially raids that drop pets now. In any case just reset him and try again. If I got the bug again and again I'd slow down DPS a bit and let him slowly transition from phase to phase. Sounds like you did kill him on the 3rd try so whatever.

Deleted
    Try to kill him a lot slower.

Deleted
    slow the DPS when the phase transition is about to come

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuga View Post
    He stayed in the air for like 15 minutes, was unable to be targeted, and pseudo-fixated me: following me everywhere I went ..But nonetheless he did not respond..
    I had that happen back in Wrath. I've never had it happen soloing it since, so it doesn't happen every time, especially since soloing it now goes faster than 5 people doing it in wrath. Soft-resetting and re-clearing the trash from a raid that was outdated two xpacs ago really isn't much to ask. I'd rather put up with this inconvenience than have them fix it and delay work on a current-content problem.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive soloed him about 100times, never had that bug happen to me
    Might been that u just did too much dmg on him, u remember what % he was when he got to air phase?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

From what I have read in the past, you need to let at least one phoenix spawn and kill it before the last phase, or he bugs out like you have seen.

Just slow your dps till he spawns one, nuke the bird, then nuke him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirgeBTG View Post
    From what I have read in the past, you need to let at least one phoenix spawn and kill it before the last phase, or he bugs out like you have seen.
    I can confirm this isn't true, as i brought him to 50% (thus starting phase 5) without a single phoenix spawn, and i was able to finish the encounter.
    However, i agree on the "slow dps" part. Count to 20 before bringing Kael to half life.