10+ Year Old Account

It's Time For A Politics Subforum

Take a look at the General Off-Topic forum and it's all politics! A subject which does not interest me in the slightest.

We really do need a politics subforum now, it is a subject in its own right and people who want to talk politics should have their own space there.

Deleted
    people have been asking for new subforums for a while now. the problem is that there needs to be a market for it.

When it's determined that there's enough demand it'll happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is the people here are very passive by nature, tend go with the flow and don't demand stuff especially with regards to forum structure and rules. The ones that go against the flow were banned long ago.

Do you think a poll inside the General Off-Topic forum itself would be appropriate? Problem is that forum is already full of budding politicians and a poll in there would be completely biased.

Practically every other forum I visit has a politics subforum, the ones that don't are cluttered with politics in the General section and the only people that visit are middle aged men and women because everyone else leaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the current top links for General Off Topic:

About 7-9 of those can be considered politics, of a 19 total. I think there would be plenty of support and use of a politics of subforum, and as a frequenter of a General Off Topic, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    When it's determined that there's enough demand it'll happen.
    seems to be enough demand. there's rarely a time when a political thread isn't on the front page

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    seems to be enough demand. there's rarely a time when a political thread isn't on the front page
    And all the threads usually go on for pages and pages. Hell, look at Gun Control and the North Korea one. I think it would be something like the Sports and Fitness forum, maybe not always a ton of threads, but deep threads with debate and general talk of the subject of the thread.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Do it please, I hate political debate with strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond a joke now in General Off-Topic just look at it. I don't even click on the politics threads, not interested in the slightest about foreign politics..

Where's the :yawn: emote?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree that a Politics sub-forum would be nice. I personally won't be using them, but it would be nice to be able to filter said forum out of the the recent forum posts, and also not have to pick our way through threads in the Gen OT.

Deleted
    would be a good idea, would also be nice to try and find a way to stop all these relationship threads.