Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it safe to assume that the next class will definitely wear mail armor?

Currently there is only two classes who wear mail armor, and only one class who wears Mail armor that has +INT on it. I am going to take a wild guess and say that whatever class they add will likely wear Mail armor.

Agree/Disagree?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope so

Mail armor is cool :P

10+ Year Old Account
    more likely plate intellect.

Deleted
    No, the next class will be completely naked, apart from socks and sandles.

OT: Probably, it makes the most mechanical sense to have them wear mail armor, someone has to use it and we already have plenty using the other armor classes.

I would like to see something use plate int, only 1 specialization of one class uses it.

Agree. If not then maybe another int plate user(though I doubt it)
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    as is also the case with int mail..

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    Currently there is only two classes who wear mail armor, and only one class who wears Mail armor that has +INT on it. I am going to take a wild guess and say that whatever class they add will likely wear Mail armor.

Agree/Disagree?

It's a possibility, but is it certain? Nope. For all we know they could add another cloth wearer. Why? Because they haven't added a new one. They could add another plate one. Why? Because there's only one spec using intellect. Just because we have two mail wearer's doesn't make it set in stone or high likely as there are other scenarios that could come about.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    Except for Intellect Mail two specs can use it effectively. Plate Intellect only one spec uses it at all.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-07-03 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes the most sense. It would also make sense for it to use a ranged weapon. "Cough" Dark Ranger "Cough"

Intellect Plate remains the only type of armor only used by one spec (Holy Paladin), so it would make sense to fix that. Perhaps a class that only uses Intellect Plate?

Mail does have the fewest classes that use it, but Agility Mail is used by 4 specs and Intellect Mail is used by 2 specs vs. Intellect Plate at 1.

There's no telling if Blizzard will lean towards the underused armor type as the one for the next class. I know they have acknowledged Intellect Plate as something they want to 'fix'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesa View Post
    "Cough" Dark Ranger "Cough"
    I would reroll from warlock immediately, I dont care if they add a debuff during the leveling process that reduces XP gain by 98%, I'd suffer through just to play a petless ranger class... YES YES YES YES i would.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesa View Post
    It makes the most sense. It would also make sense for it to use a ranged weapon. "Cough" Dark Ranger "Cough"
    I actually thought about that too (the ranged weapon bit). I don't think they would mess with Dark Ranger though because seriously, who would play a hunter after it was released? Haha.

Edit: Actually could be problematic too. Why? Rangers also melee, so how would they balance that? Have certain Dark Ranger talent trees that used melee weapons, and maybe had a few special moves that implemented a bow attack similar to Warrior's Heroic THrow / Rogue's Shuriken toss - without actually requiring a bow to be equipped? Not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    That's used by two specs. Not a huge difference but it makes it a little more useful than intellect plate.

it will be a class that wears INT plate to tank, INT mail to heal, and INT leather to DPS!!! ^_^;

Were slacking on agi cloth imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    it will be a class that wears INT plate to tank, INT mail to heal, and INT leather to DPS!!! ^_^;
    While it's a good idea, It'd be a nightmare to gear for and Blizz is making the game easier, not harder.

I firmly believe it'll be an Int-plate class, without a tanking spec

The only thing you can be assured of is that Blizzard doesn't follow any kind of order and does what ever the hell it feels is right for that expansion. They could just as easily say the next class will be mail because it would even out with the other armors as much as it could say that the next class is going to be cloth just because thats what Blizzard thinks they would wear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's "safe" to assume anything.

It could be intell plate or spirit cloth or it could even be we don't get a new class!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Intellect Plate remains the only type of armor only used by one spec (Holy Paladin), so it would make sense to fix that. Perhaps a class that only uses Intellect Plate?
    Yeah, it'd be awesome of they introduced a plate-wearing class that also casts spells. But it'd have to be something that already exists in the lore. Say, one of the hero units from Warcraft 3. Oh, and they could make them central to the expansion's entire story!

And then they could just give them strength plate, and keep bemoaning the fact that no one besides holy pallies uses spell plate.