Deleted

Question Am I doing everything right?

Hey guys!
    Just asking if you could maybe take a quick look over my logs if I'm doing everything right, I think I got it all down but somehow I feel I should be pulling a bit more with my current gear..

Last 2 Logs of us:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/94puqfzwsm923yhc/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e8mdq9va39ekn082/

I know I'm ranking myself so I can't be doing that much wrong but still I feel theres room for more, so give me any tips you have please!

Especially our Enhancement shaman sometimes gives me the feeling like I'm doing something wrong when he's doing almost 10-20k dps more than I do.
    Or is it just because Enhancer buffs in 5.3 were that much bigger than Feral buffs?

Armory of me and the Enhancer if someone is interested:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...enyon/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...oasty/advanced

Peace out guys and thanks in advance for any tips you have! =)
    ps: pardon my english, just a poor german guy! :s

Don't compare yourself to better geared characters of a different class.

Deleted
    Huth has the right of it. Although there is always room for improvement you are going to drive yourself bonkers trying to compare constantly. Blizz is okay with balance as long as there isn't a massive disparity.

Looks fine to me aside from Rip uptime being a little lacking in a few spots. (Pool energy before storm phase on Iron Qon after you have 5cps, Refresh rip 5 seconds before and shred to extend) I usually get 90%+ uptime on that fight. Not really anything wrong though. Given equal skill he ought to beat you in a few spots and you'll beat him in a few as well. Aside from scumbagging dps.

As far as enchance vs feral buffs, yea enhance buff was massive.

But understanding how enhance works vs. feral is important. Enhance is all about huge burst at the beginning and again when cooldowns back up. While feral is one of the only specs currently, aside from WW and maybe shadow priest, where your dps pretty much stays the same the entire fight. Everyone else pops big cooldowns to be on top of meters for about 30 seconds, and then gets to watch their dps slowly plummet. So on fights where there may be periods of having nothing to attack (Lei-shen, Animus, Iron Qon) The downtime actually helps classes like shaman in comparison to feral. Their cooldowns are allowed to countdown so the portion of the fight that they have cooldowns popped grows larger to the portion where their dps would already be bad without cooldowns. While feral dps is more or less the same throughout the fight so downtime hurts us more.

Kind of a confusing concept but I hope I conveyed it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Looks fine to me aside from Rip uptime being a little lacking in a few spots. (Pool energy before storm phase on Iron Qon after you have 5cps, Refresh rip 5 seconds before and shred to extend) I usually get 90%+ uptime on that fight. Not really anything wrong though. Given equal skill he ought to beat you in a few spots and you'll beat him in a few as well. Aside from scumbagging dps.

As far as enchance vs feral buffs, yea enhance buff was massive.

But understanding how enhance works vs. feral is important. Enhance is all about huge burst at the beginning and again when cooldowns back up. While feral is one of the only specs currently, aside from WW and maybe shadow priest, where your dps pretty much stays the same the entire fight. Everyone else pops big cooldowns to be on top of meters for about 30 seconds, and then gets to watch their dps slowly plummet. So on fights where there may be periods of having nothing to attack (Lei-shen, Animus, Iron Qon) The downtime actually helps classes like shaman in comparison to feral. Their cooldowns are allowed to countdown so the portion of the fight that they have cooldowns popped grows larger to the portion where their dps would already be bad without cooldowns. While feral dps is more or less the same throughout the fight so downtime hurts us more.

Kind of a confusing concept but I hope I conveyed it well enough.
    It's a valid point. Shamans have stupendous burst openers and after it's over, their DPS slowly creeps down for the rest of the encounter. Ferals will climb their way back up, the longer the fight goes. If you wanted to be more "shaman-like," you could use Nature's Vigil and Incarnation, so that you benefit more from Bloodlust or the Warrior banner while it's up and stack them with Berserk plus your Troll racial for some pretty impressive burst. But this would radically alter your playing style and might not improve your performance.

Our raid is used to me opening with HotW + Cat Form + Berserk and topping the charts by a huge margin on the opener, so they probably wouldn't understand how an actual Feral works. They've never seen me run that spec in optimized gear because I'm always tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    It's a valid point. Shamans have stupendous burst openers and after it's over, their DPS slowly creeps down for the rest of the encounter. Ferals will climb their way back up, the longer the fight goes. If you wanted to be more "shaman-like," you could use Nature's Vigil and Incarnation, so that you benefit more from Bloodlust or the Warrior banner while it's up and stack them with Berserk plus your Troll racial for some pretty impressive burst. But this would radically alter your playing style and might not improve your performance.

Our raid is used to me opening with HotW + Cat Form + Berserk and topping the charts by a huge margin on the opener, so they probably wouldn't understand how an actual Feral works. They've never seen me run that spec in optimized gear because I'm always tanking.
    I'd really like to see the lvl60 talents be about as balanced as DoC/HotW. In current content the only time i've used NV and Incarnation together was Heroic Windlord for the 30 second window you get to do massive damage. As far as HotW, i've not managed to get super solid numbers, but with a good caster staff it still might be a dps boost, tho I only use it for tranq. I do miss the first few raids of MoP when HotW was majorly OP tho.