intel i core question

i plan on getting an Intel, but can decide on which one to get (i7 or i5), so my question would be is the i5 enough for gaming and photoshop, after effects? or the i7 is a must? im going to be likely gaming and using photoshop alot, with a casual after effects (need to learn first ).
    would like someone to tell me if its worth getting the i7 over the i5 for the things im going to do...

Will you be rendering stuff for more than ~5 hours a day? (I mean rendering = waiting for the PC to process the completed animation or video). Because that is the only part of the editing process where the hyperthreading makes much of a difference.

if montages on hd of 5-10mins last that much then yes (its going to be a start for me)...

If you're only doing a couple of 10 minute clips, then don't bother with the i7.

Deleted
    HT makes alot of diffrences if you play to deploy several gaming workstations from one PC onto several monitors. I had to bump my ol' i5 for a i7 3820 and boy did that make ALL the diffrence. But that said, my "pc" renders 5 virtual desktops that all interact independent from oneanother (in theory, they share alot of stuff acctually)

Also, the extra computing power acctually shows during loadscreens, but that alone is far from a reason to get a i7

i5 is fine for gaming. Just make sure you have enough RAM (8Gb+) and spend what you can on a great video card.

so if im going to start with only montages of 10mins then the i5 is enough, but if i want more lasting clips then the i7 is more optimal?
    and the HT will only benefit me on rendering faster?
    thanks for the help guys...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fwaky View Post
    HT makes alot of diffrences if you play to deploy several gaming workstations from one PC onto several monitors. I had to bump my ol' i5 for a i7 3820 and boy did that make ALL the diffrence. But that said, my "pc" renders 5 virtual desktops that all interact independent from oneanother (in theory, they share alot of stuff acctually)

Also, the extra computing power acctually shows during loadscreens, but that alone is far from a reason to get a i7
    so the HT is worth the extra 100 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Warrior View Post
    so if im going to start with only montages of 10mins then the i5 is enough, but if i want more lasting clips then the i7 is more optimal?
    and the HT will only benefit me on rendering faster?
    thanks for the help guys...

- - - Updated - - -

so the HT is worth the extra 100 bucks?
    If you are going to use it, then yes. Otherwise stick the 100 bucks in a bigger SSD or a better graphics card (or just save the money).

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you are going to use it, then yes. Otherwise stick the 100 bucks in a bigger SSD or a better graphics card (or just save the money).
    ok nice, thanks for the advise sir