Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I guess for me it's Lost Planet. It had something that made me feel awesome playing it.
    Fahrenheit: Indigo prophecy

10+ Year Old Account
    *WoW- MMO with huge history of lore and characters that always keeps me guessing about "what's next?!"

*Tales of Symphonia- Seriously so many "OMG WTF" moments with the story. So great. I've played through it at least 35 times.

*Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2)- Kinda quirky concept with the Disney characters and a "keyblade" but I really enjoy the story with the heartless and the nobodies.

*Shadow of the Colossus- Eery world because of very rarely coming in contact with things other than the colossi and your horse, and the size and scale of the creatures is just breath-taking.

*Bioshock- Creepy atmosphere and story.
    Last edited by Grunhither; 2013-07-06 at 05:32 AM.

Super Mario RPG
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Metroid
    WoW
    Terraria
    Pokemon

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Each generation for me had games that I can truly call an epic experience. Comix Zone was a quite an epic experience for me back in the days of SEGA's dominance. Original Metal Gear Solid, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo II, WarCraft III and the expansion (which are the reason I play WoW), Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect (only the first game), MGS3, Divine Divinity and Battlefield 2. They were all epic games, I'm also waiting anxiously for Shadowrun Returns, Torment, Project Eternity and Wasteland 2. These last 4 games I mentioned I believe them to be everything I want from RPG genre, also have an eye out for Grim Dawn. But the title I'm anticipating the most is none other than Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain it's going to be Legendary.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Chrono Trigger. First time confronting Magus... that conversation and music before the fight starts... amazing. So many moments in that game.

When I played Morrowind for the first time that was epic. The epicenes of POP in everquest was pretty epic. Dragon Age Origins for sure was epic. Gothic 2 and 3 were both epicly epic, if that is even a real word.

WoW without a doubt. I have proboaly biked abit faster home from school cause off that game trough the years many times.

Can't quit renember the very first things I did. One thing that stands out is my first encounter with a mate (one off the people that made me play wow inn the first place) who meat me inn Goldshire human start area on his level 40+ paladin on his mount....good stuff.

No other game has come remotely close to this. Diablo2 could be up there abit, but that is all.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    Dark Souls. The bosses were so epic, and there was that feeling of danger present at all times. And the storytelling, how you got the little parts from here and there, and had to fill in the blanks yourself. And the lack of handholding. If I've ever fallen in love to a game, it's that one.
    This one so much. Dark Souls is like the epitome of epic.

WoW is definitely one of the most epic games I've played aswell. Hard to get that feeling back what I had from exploring it's huge and rich world back in vanilla. Guild Wars must be mentioned here too, since it was my first MMO and it definitely felt epic as hell back then.

Deleted
    Only time that I have dropped my jaw and was kept down was when I played/read Ever 17 and was in the last route when the first 50+ hours was explained.

But I guess it was not because it was epic, more like shocking twists and feeling astounded with everything coming together.
    Last edited by mmoc3c32484403; 2013-07-06 at 02:42 PM.

Final Fantasy 7/8, Knights of the Old Republic 1/2, and The Last of Us are the most epic games I have ever played.

Deleted
    Betrayal at Krondor (mid 90's)
    World of Warcraft
    Left 4 Dead - series

Each in it's own way. L4D for scaring the shit out of me, WoW for quite a lot, and BaK for being the best RPG ever made. Obviously a few would receive honorary nominations, such as Ultima series (Underworld too), Dune 2 for paving way for all them C&C's and Starcrafts and whatnots.

Mass Effect 1, Kotor, Metal Gear Solid 1&2 and of course WoW in 2005.

Btw is there any other themepark MMO like wow with huge open-world continents which aren't instanced? I played a couple like aion, aoc etc but there are mostly smaller maps with loading screens inbetween and it is instanced.

Epic is such overused word nowdays.. But!

If I was to pick one, it would be Planescape Torment, that game is so tragic and filled with huge amount of philosophical viewpoints its amazing, no, epic.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Half Life 2: This game was so far ahead of its time. I was caught off guard by the AI and physics when a zombie, which was slowly inching towards me, decided to grab an explosive barrel and throw it right at my face.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I was blown away by the previous game, and this one raised the bar significantly. The modding community always seems to increase the replay value of the game too. There's always something new/different to try.

Star Wars Galaxies: This has got to be one of the most unique games I have ever played. The entire game was driven by the community. If you wanted armor, weapons, musical instruments, vehicles, your own city hall, or anything else, you could either craft it or buy it from players. Getting gear wasn't as quest/dungeon focused as in other MMORPGs. Most of the gear that you would get from quests wasn't as good as the gear that players could craft. The profession system was also really cool, the way the base professions would branch off into more complex and specialized ones. The best part about this game though (IMO), was the space combat. I could do those space missions for hours on end. I even bought a joystick just for this game, and it was worth every cent.

15+ Year Old Account
    SWG was one for me. one part i can remember was when i went to go kill Krayt dragons with the guild and the first time i saw them i was like HOLY SH*T(because they were so big), Crafting was also very epic i could experiment with crafting recipes for hours on end. I even had a few cooking items that were best on the server so i was raking in the credits

GTA 3. Halo. Battlefield 3. Jet Force Gemini. L

When I first started WoW, I rolled a gnome. I thought that Anvilmar was the capital city of the game.

Realizing that Coldridge Valley was just a subzone of Dun Morogh(sp) which was just a subzone of the Eastern Kingdoms which was just a subzone of Azeroth? That was why WoW was so epic for me.

Too many to name, i'd say the most recent one would be The Last Of Us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW

Dark Souls (loving all the Dark Souls love here)

KoA Reckoning

Bioshock Infinite, at times

Pokemon
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Chrono Trigger, just because that game is the absolute shit.

Mario 64, first game I ever played on that system, just seeing it action was amazing