Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    can some one explain (or point out in the patch notes) what exactly is happening to RoF?
    is it just producing less embers to the point it is no longer worth casting on a single target?

Deleted
    That is the case currently

10+ Year Old Account
    so what exactly is the change that is being discussed in this thread?

Does it even generate emberbits anymore? I was under the impression it has no ember generation capability at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    so what exactly is the change that is being discussed in this thread?
    Suggestions of things Blizz could do for Destro to compensate for this loss.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooohkay.

Well in that case i think i side the the general camp of [Add a new spell or proc to our rotation] since destro's current spell repertoire is too small, and simply buffing one of our existing spells to compensate for the nerf of RoF just exacerbates the monotony of the spec.

I think a proc to make Fel Fire free and do double damage would be fine, could proc from Immolate ticks, from incinerate casts, from conflagrate crits. what ever. does not matter to me.

Having FF get a 4xT11 bonus might work except that tier bonus was dreadful. You'd need a higher rate and more RNG protection but that is done easily enough. With so few spells, aka damage sources, destro being buffed is going to require arcane mage like spell coef on our filler spells. I'm not a huge fan of making up new spells mid expac but maybe something like using FF when you don't have backdrafted incinerates would be a way to make the spec less boring to play with its more limited spell list.

If you try to put all of destro's buffs into immolate you get a weird situation where its more potent than aff's dots and it still doesn't help pvp. I'd recommend buffing immo, conflag, FF (dest only), conflag's recharge is reduced by haste, incinerate and increasing each one's ember generation about 30%. Perhaps make CB uninterruptable baseline to help with PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Perhaps make CB uninterruptable baseline to help with PVP.
    Lol there's no way in Hades they would ever make CB uninterruptable. Honestly I can't see Blizzard ever making any spell uniterruptable baseline much less the hardest hitting attack in a spec's repertoire.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    but IIRC Fel Flame is better than Incinerate on PTR as it is.
    Saw that one coming. They buffed the damage and reduced the mana cost, it's no wonder it's coming out ahead of Incinerate.

Does Incinerate at least beat out FF when the 2 set procs? A rare occasion, I know, but still a question to be asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could turn Fel Flame into the warlock Arcane Shot and make Incinerate mana-free.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-12 at 05:16 AM.

Do you think 5.4 Demonic Breath affected by Destro mastery plus ember regen could be a small solution? I don't know if it does give embers - didnt see any increase on Demonic Fury as of a week ago. Since it seems Blizz still has a crush on the ability from previous expansions.

Deleted
    Tweeted to Lore, no response. Which usually means they're working on it.

Patience, my minions!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldarius View Post
    Do you think 5.4 Demonic Breath affected by Destro mastery plus ember regen could be a small solution? I don't know if it does give embers - didnt see any increase on Demonic Fury as of a week ago. Since it seems Blizz still has a crush on the ability from previous expansions.
    These spells (the ones on the second talent tier) are purely for crowd control. They do no damage and that's the way it should stay. Having Demonic breath generate embers or deal damage would result in us having to be at melee range.

There's no need to mess with talent tiers that are fine by adding damage components to them.

What they should focus on is: LVL 90 talents, Destro ember generation and balancing out the specs for us, who are not the biggest fans of Demonology.
    Last edited by mmoc66d840c490; 2013-07-12 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Lol there's no way in Hades they would ever make CB uninterruptable. Honestly I can't see Blizzard ever making any spell uniterruptable baseline much less the hardest hitting attack in a spec's repertoire.
    you mean like powershot? although it's a talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Powershot also has a one minute cooldown

perhaphs a good replacement would be to change the number of emberbits we get from a crit from 2 to 3.

I liked Rain of Fire the way it was... =/

About the buffs, I think we need something simple as reducing Chaos Bolt cast time. It does not hit like it used to, but the cast time is still ridiculous.
    And increasing ember generation on Conflag, Incinerate and Immolate to compensate the RoF change.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    you mean like powershot? although it's a talent.
    They don't let us interrupt anything hunters do, so that's not exactly exclusive to powershot, now is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    They don't let us interrupt anything hunters do, so that's not exactly exclusive to powershot, now is it?
    Which makes sense since we don't use intellect. We are a ranged physical class and use physical weapons, so obvious we can't get interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Which makes sense since we don't use intellect. We are a ranged physical class and use physical weapons, so obvious we can't get interrupted.
    You should probably read the context surrounding a post before replying. No one in this thread said hunters should be interruptable (that's a whole other discussion).

Deleted
    i like the 3 backdraft = insta cb idea, but how about make cb insta cast as standard, give it a cooldown of say 12 seconds (?), and have 3 stacks of backdraft either make it 100% crit or a free cast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    i like the 3 backdraft = insta cb idea, but how about make cb insta cast as standard, give it a cooldown of say 12 seconds (?), and have 3 stacks of backdraft either make it 100% crit or a free cast
    that just entitrely defeats of the purpose of having embers, that replaces embers as a resource with stacks of backdraft as a resource, and since 1 conflgrate =3 backdrafts it means we have no resources at all, just two instant spells on a cooldown.