Wireless USB or PCI-E for Desktop

Hello, I'm looking for a reliable and fast way to connect to my Wireless router, currently I'm using a USB Airlink101 Wireless Adapter and it's constantly dropping connection to my gaming desktop which means constant disconnects, the router is setup so that there is no interference from phones, microwaves, etc. Currently using windows 7 64bit on a desktop.

I need the best possible Wireless connection with the lowest possible ping/latency, be it PCI-E or USB for gaming. Unfortunately a direct ethernet connection is not an option. I play a lot of World of Warcraft and Dota 2 so ping and reliable connection is priority.

I'm Canadian and buy from Newegg.ca, and Amazon.ca primarily.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Well, PCI-E is definitely the way to go if you're super concerned with latency. Its data transfer speed is 4 times that of a USB adapter... however... it sounds like you're having some type of connection issue between your router and USB adapter that you shouldn't project on ALL USB adapters. The same problem you're having is just as common with a PCI-E card. It could be caused by a number of things which are way too numerous to troubleshoot right here. With that being said, a USB adapter is capable of letting you utilize the full speed of your high speed internet connection anyway, and as a testament to that statement I am personally using a $10 no-name USB adapter and my download/upload speed is exactly what it would be if I was connected with a cable directly. I guess the most important thing to note is that you shouldn't attribute your connection issues to the fact that you're using a USB adapter. Good luck!

I was just stating that I use a USB wireless adapter and have connection issues, I'm sure the same could be said for PCI-E if there is a lot of interference, I'm not blaming all my problems on the fact that I have a USB adapter, but rather that I believe mine is broken/faulty and am in need of another solution be it PCI-E or USB adapter. I loved my USB until it started giving me problems.

I would also like to point out that I moved my desktop right next to my router and still experience the dropped connection every 5-10 minutes. The adapter itself is about 3 years old and has seen a lot of work, had been dropped repeatedly and I believe the connector on it is slightly bent.

I found this adapter which seems to be very reliable when it comes to the connection quality however I'm not sure how good it will be with latency/ping in game. If anyone has any experience with it I would appreciate the feedback

http://www.amazon.ca/POWERLINK-Wirel...A27U8OKA99UKEM