Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    It is funny how you manipulate your evidence. S

And guess what, GW2 is not dying nor is dead. Same as SWTOR, same as Rift. The game will only be dead once the servers will shut-down as happened in cases of SWG or Tabula Rasa.
    No manipulation here, it is all facts. GW2 is pretty much done for. I mean if you look at their sPvP servers there are like 300 people across all server during Primetime. Yes, just 300 people in sPvP. That is pretty terrible.

I agree with you, GW2 is SWTOR tier. They probably have similar populations. It isn't "dead", but it is pretty much done once WildStar comes out and NCSoft treats it like the red headed step child that it is. Which is why the post by MMOChampion says there won't be big expansions, there won't be funding.

Although I'm not a fan of the 5.4 sets I have to admit they are good for what they are supposed to be. They all have a similar theme and they all look very mogu like when you look at the finer details on the armour.

Yay...paladin looks awesome and warrior set looks ugly as crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    No manipulation here, it is all facts. GW2 is pretty much done for. I mean if you look at their sPvP servers there are like 300 people across all server during Primetime. Yes, just 300 people in sPvP. That is pretty terrible.

I agree with you, GW2 is SWTOR tier. They probably have similar populations. It isn't "dead", but it is pretty much done once WildStar comes out and NCSoft treats it like the red headed step child that it is. Which is why the post by MMOChampion says there won't be big expansions, there won't be funding.
    What facts? I think I replied to you before about most of your "facts" but you decided to conviently not read it. If you want to stand by your word, respond to that instead of saying "its all facts". Your "facts" are worth same *** as "facts" of some doomsayers around here who claim WoW will die in 6 months.

GW2 same tier as SWTOR? Maybe. I dont know. I played SWTOR for 2 months only and then I left. What turned me away mostly was terrible game engine. WoW has great engine but its also terribly old. IMO GW2 is the only major MMO with combat/gameplay smoothness on same level as WoW. GW2 is not on same activity levels as WoW but if you call it "done for" than I dont know what other MMO is not "done for" at the moment. Unless you try to imply that there is WoW and only WoW and nothing else matters. If that is the case, sorry, but after spending close to 10,000 hours in WoW I have enough.

Also "there won't be big expansions" is yet another of those magical "facts". If you would be so informed as you claim you are you would know that the "big expansion" for GW2 can go either way as there were multiple conflicting voices from both ANet and NCSoft on this matter. It was said in NCSoft shareholders release that the expansion is already in production. While folks in Anet said conflicting things about it. From straight "there wont be" through "no plans as for now" to "possible in the future". Its all a corporate PR bull***.

And another example of how you manipulate. You ignore the fact that ANet is pushing to release new content every 2 weeks (becouse, well, that does not sound like a dead game so better ignore it) instead you nitpick a quote about "no big expansion" and extrapolate that to "this game is done for". Any more creative "facts" on the way?

Oh and. About that 300. What exactly is that "sPvP server" you refer to? Are you aware that there are no dedicated PvP servers in GW2? Also, where are you pulling that 300 number from? ANet didnt released any statistics so far. Or are you trying to do the same thing as people who calculate entire WoW population based on stats on WoWProgress main page?
    Last edited by Awe; 2013-07-07 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took this at 9:30pm tonight. Looks pretty damn lively to me

http://i.imgur.com/5PpF4bO.jpg

GW2 isn't going anywhere.
    Valar morghulis

Why such hatred against GW2 ? As customers we should be happy abut diversity in MMO genre - after all it's MMO-Champion - maybe site was WoW-centric past last few years but even they know WoW wont last forever - so more news from other MMO titles plix - constant wow news are boring as f..k.
    Last edited by lyxx; 2013-07-07 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Although I'm not a fan of the 5.4 sets I have to admit they are good for what they are supposed to be. They all have a similar theme and they all look very mogu like when you look at the finer details on the armour.
    You are wrong on so many points.Neither GW2 or GW1 will be dead or done for.They both are played and will be played.The model Anet is using works just fine.Their servers are healthy and the game is doing more than fine.Yes it lost some of its player base but those players that liked it have stayed and the B2P model will ensure that new players will come.
    Also keep in mind that GW2 still hasn't been released in China and Korea.And in those two countries WoW's player base is big.What do you think will happen if you cut the Blazzard's Asia market and released it only in the western countries just like GW2 did?WoW's player base will be reduced with 1/3 minimum.When GW2 is released in the east too it should grow.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-07-07 at 09:33 AM.

that pally set is growing on me

I left WoW for GW2. It took them some time to get GW2's controls where they were good enough to consider the switch, but they're there now. It's a game that actually has challenging content and being out in the world means something. It's not perfect, but then what about WoW was ever perfect. One thing for sure, I don't miss paying $15 a month. Especially with the directions WoW has taken in Cata and MoP. I can honestly say I don't miss WoW and I'll never pay that much to play a game ever again.

so I won't have to buy new content via expansions because they implement those features in the 2-weekly living story updates?! New maps, new weapons (=skills), new races... Then we get awesome rewards for our achievement points also in 2 days (see below some examples) + the best temporary stuff comes back in fractals (time-machine dungeon)

it seriously gets better and better

- - - Updated - - -

the community, the best part of GW2, is awesome; only possible in a game which is designed to be cooperative nonstop

also the things the community comes up with...
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-07 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Damn, that druid set is one of the ugliest I've seen, if not the ugliest, the paladin set is alright.
    Haha yeah that was my first thought too. The blue version wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't for the face part of the helm, looks like a reskin from the plate MoP leveling gear (and not a very good reskin either).

Paladin red/orange set isn't too bad, it's growing on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    I left WoW for GW2. It took them some time to get GW2's controls where they were good enough to consider the switch, but they're there now. It's a game that actually has challenging content and being out in the world means something. It's not perfect, but then what about WoW was ever perfect. One thing for sure, I don't miss paying $15 a month. Especially with the directions WoW has taken in Cata and MoP. I can honestly say I don't miss WoW and I'll never pay that much to play a game ever again.

I gave gw2 a few goes, but i found it rather stale.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    me on the other hand, I've played GW2 since release without break and I can't go back to other mmos anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    In terms of actual data, they have lost anywhere from 80% to 90% of player activity since launch per Xfire.
    You do not want to be trotting out xfire numbers.

WoW July 2009 - 24 million minutes played
    http://web.archive.org/web/200907230...www.xfire.com/

WoW today - less than 1 million minutes played
    http://www.xfire.com/games

Unless you are willing to say that WoW has lost 97% of its playerbase in the last 4 years you can clearly see that people do not use that site anymore. People use Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrilo and Skype.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-07-07 at 04:16 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    I did too last August. I checked back over the months as patches came in. Things slowly changed and then one day several weeks ago they implemented control fixes, optimizations and most recently balance changes. The game really is much better now than it was at launch, or I wouldn't be playing it. PvP has finally gathered interest with the balance changes, WvW was always popular, but with the new systems its received is even more so. Dungeons take time to learn, they're different, but once you L2P they're enjoyable.

Something a lot of WoW people wont like is that you WILL die. A lot. It's harder than WoW in every part of the game except heroic raiding. If you like heroic raiding, you'll appreciate the challenges of GW2 world, dungeons and upcoming content. If you like the world in WoW, oneshotting everything you'll probably be frustrated and on your back a lot. World bosses are boring and easy though, but they're a reliable source of income and gear so while disappointing it's easier to accept when you're getting paid.

Deleted
    Where is the leather in the Druid set?

This looks more like mail. Not that I would like to say that it is a Shaman set because it doesn't even feel like that... perhaps some kind of blue value pvp set.