Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tier 16 Druid and Paladin Sets, 5.3 Jul 3 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, GW2 Update Frequency

Jason Bender on Creating the Console Version, Tamplier's Epic Fan Art, Curse Weekly Roundup

Announcer Voiceovers, Fireside Chat Tomorrow

Patch 5.4 - Tier 16 Druid and Paladin Sets
    Keep in mind this is a preview and the final sets may be significantly different.

Patch 5.3 Hotfixes - July 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Mage
      • Talents
        • Fixed an issue where certain situations could cause Mages to not receive the Invoker's Energy buff after successfully completing an Evocation.

Quests
    • Battle for Razor Hill: Fixed an issue where players were becoming stuck because the Zulu Rock buff was not being removed when the player dies.
    • Mogu Incursions: Master Snowdrift should no longer be engaging in combat with Shan'ze Invaders, allowing players to turn-in the quest.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Throne of Thunder
      • Ra-den
        • Fixed an issue where Protection Warriors are unable to receive bonus loot upon defeating Ra-den.
    • Scenarios
      • Blood in the Snow: General chat has been temporarily removed from the scenario to fix an issue affecting General chat in Dun Morogh. A proper fix for this is in the works in an upcoming patch.

Isle of Thunder
    • Made additional fixes for an issue where players may be unable summon incantation bosses.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    Any reason the Valor of Ancients buff isn't cross realm, The rep bonus is but alts would find this a very welcome change.
    It's a difficult technical challenge having to do with e.g. raids unlocking at different times. (Source)

I realize you didnt design the tier 16s, but I was hoping warriors would look like Garrosh not a paladin with horns sewn on.
    I used to weigh in more on player feedback of art sets, but it turns out art is just sooo subjective. (Source)
    The best thing I can suggest is maybe just feedback on armor themes you'd like to see (e.g. Your Garrosh example). (Source)

In this blog, you said legendaries would be more exclusive than in Cata. Why make them more accessible?
    With the current legendary quest, everyone can have the expectation of getting them so it's fine. (Source)
    yet.... they aren't "legendary" any more. people are expecting too much for nothing.
    Another reason why they aren't weapons. Our grand plan will likely make more sense closer to 5.4 ship. (Source)

it disapp. me that now there's a leg. for everyone and it's a cloak thats shaped like a towel and clips models. Why no weapon?
    We feel like we've done that a lot before. We want to keep things fresh. When rewards are too predictable they get boring. (Source)
    These are a pretty different design than Fangs / Wrath. The problem with those was the expectation / entitlement. (Source)
    When there is too much expectation, the item goes from feeling like a bonus to a penalty. (Source)

I am thoroughly disappointed with the legendary being a cloak. All of this work throughout the xpac and we don't use it again.
    What do you mean by "don't use it again?" (Source)
    These cloak models are pretty much standard fare, don't stand out from normal gear. Most people will hide them
    The cloaks aren't intended to compete with glaives though. Wouldn't glaives be less special if everyone was rocking them? (Source)

Please make the questline cloaks non-unique. I'd love one for my offspec, just like I could get offspec gems.
    We're still discussing it, but it's on the table for sure. (Source)

Any chance of with all the changes bring brought in, cross-faction flex raids might be a possibility? Or dungeons.. anything?
    We feel like cross-faction goes against the spirit of World of Warcraft. (Source)

PLZ let us do flex w/ <10. Scaling floor can still be 10. Current challenge for our small guild is just getting 10 online.
    Understood, but we have to draw the line somewhere. If we say 8 then the guilds with 4 will feel excluded, yanno? (Source)

Trying to understand self-loot in Flex. If they're our FRIENDS, why would we be so distrustful? Prefer normal loot rules.
    It is mostly because we don't have a system yet to scale number of drops with number of players. Maybe in the future. (Source)

is there any chance to avoid drops at 10man that doesnt fit to anybody in raid? Like: "no rogues" then "no dagger(agi)"
    What if you then stacked 8 rogues to make sure your real rogue had a good chance at a dagger? (Source)
    Thats not what he is saying at all what he is saying it eliminated the chance at something if there is none not visa versa.
    They are the same. If I can force loot not to drop then I can force it to drop. At the end of the day it comes down to loot speed. (Source)
    We have a target for how long it takes to earn loot. If we speed it up in some ways, we'd just have to slow it down in others. (Source)

Is the game balanced around raid loot priority Tank > Healer > DPS? Discussing loot system in my guild ATM.
    No. We have found that guilds use wildly different methods for determining loot. (Source)
    You can also make the argument that gearing DPS before healers improves success. Shrug. (Source)

Any idea how you will deal with Rune of Reorigination and UVLS? Seem irreplaceable for some, even w/o seeing new trinkets yet.
    Would that be the end of the world? (Source)

Professions
    Just need to work on ligistics, archaelogy failed horribly in moving from one dig to another. They don`t put you in the world
    Archaeology had too much travel time at launch. I think it feels better in MoP. (Source)

Reputation / Questing
    Any chance we will see a return to the daily style of 5.1? That was by far your best imo. Scenarios, story, felt progressive.
    We were getting a lot of negative feedback about daily quests at the time so we wanted to try something else for 5.3 and 5.4. (Source)

Guild Wars 2 Content Release Frequency
    There were a round of interviews with some of the ArenaNet developers recently, and it appears that it isn't only WoW players that want content faster. Currently GW2 gets some sort of an update every 3 weeks or so, with the Bazaar of the Four Winds update coming next.

ArenaNet is now aiming for content updates every two weeks going forward.The developers that work on these updates are split into four teams that are each working on their own update, allowing for enough time to properly test and catch many of the issues that arise from rapid development and frequent patches.

Another interesting point that came up in the interviews is the lack of planned expansions. Rather than adding expansions to the game, the current plan is to continue with the Living World concept and just keep adding new content every few weeks. This content development is funded by purchases in the in game Gem Store, which amounts to enough to keep the team of over 300 developers going strong. The game has sold 3 million copies as of January this year though, so ongoing sales likely play a role in this funding as well.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-07-06 at 07:09 AM.

The game has sold 3 million copies as of January this year
    Doesn't mean much when only 1/5th is the actual playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Bold statement, care to give the source of your numbers?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting Paladin set. The second color is my favorite. I just hope it's obtainable for me.

His or her source is that she feels that another game being successful is a bad thing for WoW, and hence should not be mentioned on a WoW site. I suppose. Because sense.

I mean that's like saying WoW's subscription numbers are meaningless because only a fraction of those is active. Certainly true and easy to verify ingame, but meaningless as far as monetary status of the game goes. So long as even those not actively playing keep renewing their sub, that combines monthly income with lowered server hardware costs, so it's a win/win for the devs.

Likewise in GW2, so long as the playerbase keeps logging in for the biweekly content and between that sometimes buys fluff items from the gem store (they got me with the dancing book for example :P ), that's a win/win. The online playerbase is large enough to group for anything players want so it's no critical numbers issue, and players are logging back in with the content so the money is coming in.

Inactive players can be a very good thing as a developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    Likewise in GW2, so long as the playerbase keeps logging in for the biweekly content and between that sometimes buys fluff items from the gem store (they got me with the dancing book for example :P ), that's a win/win. The online playerbase is large enough to group for anything players want so it's no critical numbers issue, and players are logging back in with the content so the money is coming in.
    Actually one of the reasons why I love GW2's business model so much. I can log in ANYTIME there is new content, experience it for a couple days/weeks, log out, play other games etc and then log in again when there is newer content without ever having to pay a dime or feeling that I am lagging behind in gear. It motivates me to play the game frequently while at the same time protects me from burn out as there are no bad consequences to just stopping playing for a couple weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Try again. Most servers are are full or high population. In January the active concurrent players were more than 1 month after release. These are facts. Yours are not.

Play what you want, like what you want, but stop telling lies about that game. GW2 is going very strong, deal with it. I'd rather question Blizzard if they can't do more while their competitors release free content patches every 2 weeks while asking for no monthly subscription. Then feel free to play and enjoy whatever you want, but this stream of "inaccurate" statements about every game which is not WoW is really dumb.
    Every single day in GW2 related forums someone pops up to say "I heard that this game was dead but it's actually very vital!". You are not doing the WoW community a great service by giving the impression that you are just sour about the possibility that other MMOs may be successful. They can, that's a fact. It's not like that takes anything away from you. It should rather be a motivation for WoW developers to do better.
    Last edited by mmocca8cc527ec; 2013-07-06 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why even bother posting swotor/gw2/rift "news"? This is a site for Blizzard related things. Not dying games nobody cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Why even bother posting swotor/gw2/rift "news"? This is a site for Blizzard related things. Not dying games nobody cares about.
    Funny comment considering WoW is bleeding subs like a slaughtered pig, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Funny comment considering WoW is bleeding subs like a slaughtered pig, no?
    Slaughtered pigs bleed subs? Anyway, 'bleeding' or not, the current playerbase is still 5x of newer mmos after all this time. You can stop working on your paper mache gravestone for wow now.

Deleted
    MMO-Champion, Does not have the title that means its WoW only sooooo Other MMO News is welcome.

Talking

I'd pay for blizzard forever hoping they won't go free to play ... as free to play = Pay to Win
    Last edited by Shadowcry; 2013-07-06 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcry View Post
    I'd pay for blizzard forever hoping they won't go free to play ... as free to play = Pay to Win
    Completely agree

Downloaded Kingdom Rush Frontiers (iOS) the other day, and it's fun, but feels cheap playing it when I know I could just pay extra money for nukes and stronger heroes to do all the game for me.

I want to be paladin now...Too bad i'm a druid.

Deleted
    What an ugly druid tier.

Worst tier for druids i have ever seen, seems i'll have to keep my current tier as transmog :/, really dissapointed.

Deleted
    Damn, that druid set is one of the ugliest I've seen, if not the ugliest, the paladin set is alright.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-07-06 at 11:24 AM.

about time they fixed Invoker's Energy..or so they say.,

I am not so sure about the druid set...
    Also, why do they pick human males when they show off sets? That's one of the worst race models in the game. >.>

Am I going to be the only one who likes that Druid set?