Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question they should've scrapped this game

anyone else feel this way? i feel like this is one of blizzards april fools jokes that just won't go away. i just have trouble seeing the line up of WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft II, then Hearthstone? Meh

maybe im just ignorant.

Infracted
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-07-06 at 03:50 PM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

What is wrong with Hearthstone? The game sounds fun for those who like card type games.

It isn't like WoW/D3 or other game would massively get content all of sudden just because Hearthtstone didn't exist.

Also, I am quite suprised how well polished this game looks atm.

Why exactly? I am excited for this game.. there is no reason to scrap it

...what?

Why? I don't even...I've never understood people like you, feeling this way over stuff you can just ignore...? I've never felt this way about anything since if I'm not interested in it, it doesn't take up space in my head...

I for one am excited to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods, really? If this isn't flame baiting, I'm lost (yes, this will get me an infraction probably).

OT: Yes, you're ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Mods, really? If this isn't flame baiting, I'm lost (yes, this will get me an infraction probably).

Don't worry, look at his recent posts. They're all the same. There's nothing wrong with Blizzard having a side project that will probably actually be really good, along with being a "gateway drug" for people that will eventually lead them into WoW and the rest of the Blizzard universes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've tried to make sure we all know that this is just a side thing, a little lolzy project. It's going to be on iPad so there's your clue that it's not quite the same calibre as their usual AAAAA++++++ games

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

maybe im just ignorant.
    You said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post

Hah, you asked for mods. Your funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive never been into card games at all (even the wow tcg hasnt grabbed my interest), and when i first saw hearthstone i was thinking along the same lines of the OPs post

but i must admit, im starting to get quite interested in how hearthstone is shaping up
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just don't like it.
    Other people do.

Look at the line up as.

WoW/Diablo/Starcraft/Permanent April Fools joke

And booooom!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Nah, it looks entertaining enough, I'm willing to give it a look, depends really on how much nickel and dime DLC, Blizzard store they try to do with it,the less the better. However..I'd love to see them do Warcraft 4 someday, although given Blizzards LONG delays between games, I won't hold my breath there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard saw and opportunity and grabbed it. People freaking LOVE card games like that. I really don't see much draw, but from a marketing perspective, it's a gold mine. Having my hands in a number of gaming and game design melting pots, it was a perfect idea.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Hearthstone is easily one of the most Blizzard things Blizzard has done in a long time. It's awesome and fun and full of love from the developers.

I'm totally excited about it, and I fucking hate card games. That means they're doing something right.

Not excited about it, might play it for 5 minutes and than put it down, but that doesn't mean it should be scrapped at all. It's just a side project they put some leftover guys on. Whats wrong with that? Might as well make some money on it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    maybe im just ignorant.
    I'm afraid you answered your own question.

It's been a while since Blizzard steered away from known territories and tried something that was not safe. While I still think this game is redundant, as MTG and Duels 2014 is simply a better experience altogether, I'm convinced it will entertain plenty of people who like the Warcraft universe. If it gets more people into card games, then I'm all for it.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-07-06 at 09:17 AM.

The real question is

Why not make it?

There isnt anything to lose really.

People complain WoW is not Free to Play.
    Blizzard make a F2P card game, and people still complain.
    People like complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk when I first saw it I was like meh so I went ahead and got magic the gathering on steam to try out the genre.

I have to admit I really enjoyed it and I'm kind of excited to play Heartstone now specially if I can play it on my tablet at night when I go to bed.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else feel this way? i feel like this is one of blizzards april fools jokes that just won't go away. i just have trouble seeing the line up of WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft II, then Hearthstone? Meh

maybe im just ignorant.
    This feels like fishing for bad reactions.

Hearthstone looks grand, a good side game if you wish to calm a bit. And they didn't hardly touch the WoW programmers team, it was a very small and selected group that made this game. It's a good addition to the family really. Some people enjoy cardgames, you know. You don't have to groan loudly because you don't like it, we understand that some people don't like people exploring new things.

Yes, maybe you are ignorant then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People complain WoW is not Free to Play.
    Blizzard make a F2P card game, and people still complain.
    People like complaining.
    In general, people complain that they have to do stuff to get stuff. Be it payment of a subscription or actually levelling their characters. Lately, there's been too much whining about such. Tired of it. So, I think that Hearthstone will be a good place when you wish to flee from some people. And yes, it is F2P - so there you go, your free Blizzard game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming into a game forum to say the game should have been scrapped is not a good way to start a thread. Maybe if you'd actually had some arguments about what it is exactly that you don't like about the game we could have had a reasonable discussion, provided you had framed your post better then to call the game an April Fool's Joke. This thread isn't going to get to anything productive so I'm closing it.

Closed.