Mantid Motives and History

We know that the Mantid are related to the Aqir, and may even be an offshoot of the Aqir. We know they served an Old God, much like the Qiraji worshiped C'Thun, and the Nerubians worshiped Yogg-Saron. However, the Mantid turned out to be different than the others with their priest class, the Klaxxi. They would decide how the empire would be ruled, even more than each empress throughout history. They wanted to take down Empress Shek'zeer due to the fact she had allied with the Sha, despite the fact that the Klaxxi stated they would ally with Y'Shaarj again if he were to come back.

With the inclusion of the Paragons in Siege of Orgrimmar, it would seem they have allied with Garrosh since he holds the physical embodiment of Y'Shaarj - his heart. This solidifed the reason why the Mantid would swarm Pandaria (more than world domination) since it would appear they were trying to get to the Vale to get the Heart for themselves. Why, then, would they oppose the Sha if they are the shadows of the Old God? Why did they feel the need to take down Shek'zeer when she was doing what the Klaxxi are doing in 5.4?

To me, the Mantid are wrapped in mystery that I must uncover. We know they are similar to other Aqir-descended races, but we don't precisely know if they are related directly. They called Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub their "sister kingdoms" but they never outright stated they are another "breed" of Aqir. We never even learned the name of the Mantid empire fully, since their empire spans across the Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes.

What are your speculations? Are they related to the Aqir? Were the actions of the Klaxxi justified in patch 5.0? Are they justified in 5.4?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    The sha were destroying all their amber trees which the mantid require to survive, that's why they wanted them gone.

The Sha, although spawned from an old god, seem entirely independent.

Also the Mantid weren't trying to reach the heart, they probably didn't even know it existed. The reason they swarm the wall is to cull the weak among them and keep themselves strong until the old gods return.

Yeah, the sha aren't Y'shaarj himself, but just a curse of 'breath' he infected Pandaria with as he died.

As for Mantid motives I really don't think that they knew the heart was there. Now that they know about the heart, they likely want it, but I doubt that they actually knew it was buried under the veil, and they've already given a clear cut motivation for their invasion sand why they happen on such a predictable schedule. (Until Shek'zeer went mad.) If they were trying to get the heart there'd be no reason to invade on schedule where the Pandaren could figure out when they're attacking next.

As for the Klaxxi serving Garrosh, I think it more likely that they're after the heart themselves and we have to stop him than them actually siding with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah, the sha aren't Y'shaarj himself, but just a curse of 'breath' he infected Pandaria with as he died.

As for Mantid motives I really don't think that they knew the heart was there. Now that they know about the heart, they likely want it, but I doubt that they actually knew it was buried under the veil, and they've already given a clear cut motivation for their invasion sand why they happen on such a predictable schedule. (Until Shek'zeer went mad.) If they were trying to get the heart there'd be no reason to invade on schedule where the Pandaren could figure out when they're attacking next.

As for the Klaxxi serving Garrosh, I think it more likely that they're after the heart themselves and we have to stop him than them actually siding with Garrosh.
    I would hope for at least a quest or something to explain that in-game in 5.4. They suddenly show up simply because the Heart is there. Garrosh even gives them their own room in his complex in Orgrimmar.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I would hope for at least a quest or something to explain that in-game in 5.4. They suddenly show up simply because the Heart is there. Garrosh even gives them their own room in his complex in Orgrimmar.
    Their audio/lines will probably explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Not sure what there is to explain. They told us flat out they would follow their god when it returned and it has.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."