Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question RMAH, why not just remove it?

it seems like the census is that the RMAH isn't good for Diablo 3. if that is the case, can't blizz just take it out of the game entirely?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    it seems like the census is that the RMAH isn't good for Diablo 3. if that is the case, can't blizz just take it out of the game entirely?
    Actually it only seems the "concensus" isn't good by those who feel it isn't good. It isn't uncommon for someone with an opinion to feel that it is the majority because they feel so strongly about it. Unless an actual census has been taken using an appropriate body of people you won't ever know.

Personally I never had a problem with the RMAH and I have never been vocal about it.

Because then when people try to buy something with real money (like they did all the time in D2), they'll get scammed and cry to Blizzard, then get mad when Blizzard says "sorry you're stupid, don't do this again, we can't help."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Because then we're back to the D2-state in regards to the "black market". Whatever their more recent reasonings behind the RMAH, it was originally meant as a safe way to spend and sell gear for real money instead of having to go through shady back channels to do so. It's not going to be removed any time soon.

Blizzard has said there will be "loot 2.0" in the future. You can google that term if you want to read more about it. Blizzard has intimated that the AH is a mistake. They haven't detailed their changes yet. It could include banning trading. Who knows?

Deleted
    I thought it was the main money income for Blizzerd from Diablo III.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Getting less free money is better than getting no free money. As long as people use it they will keep it because ya know... free money.

The RMAH is just a thing, and it exists. I choose not to use it, though I have for one item found in the first week (and promptly paid for my MoP purchase with said item), and now I simply don't use it at all.

Some people do use it, and that's fine for those folks. Those that want to spend money on Diablo items would just head to a black market trade site anyways if the RMAH wasn't there. *My* consensus is that it's basically harmless, and Blizzard has no real problem changing items despite its existence or banning folks that have used it improperly somehow, so that means it isn't really hindering development, so nothing about it really concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Because then when people try to buy something with real money (like they did all the time in D2), they'll get scammed and cry to Blizzard, then get mad when Blizzard says "sorry you're stupid, don't do this again, we can't help."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    it was originally meant as a safe way to spend and sell gear for real money instead of having to go through shady back channels to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Those that want to spend money on Diablo items would just head to a black market trade site anyways if the RMAH wasn't there.
    All of these.

Literally, the only difference between D2 and D3's "RMAH" is that D2's "RMAH" is 3rd party sites that scam you, and D3's "RMAH" is safe and official.

If D3 didn't have an RMAH, 3rd party sites would still sell items, and players would still trade items for real money.
    Last edited by Vook; 2013-07-21 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    I had loads of stuff off ebay for D2 never got scammed but knew people who did, I don't think removing RMAH will benefit.

Oh wow. People still complain about this thing?

If you don't want to spend real money then don't. It's not like you get an in-game message every five minutes saying "BUY SOMETHING YOU LOW LIFE SCRUB!"

Because 1$ there, and 1$ there, and 1$ there... steady income.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Because 1$ there, and 1$ there, and 1$ there... steady income.
    And the meaning of this post is exactly what ?

Mostly the AH in general that gets the bad rap (it is the cause of D3's horrid item-drop). To cry about how others spend their money is utterly childish IMO.

Deleted
    without it, Blizzard would not get a cut of the proffit's from the sale of gold and items. This money goes towards development, support and running costs of the servers for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And the meaning of this post is exactly what ?
    Its fairly obvious that the meaning is that its making money for both parties, ergo its financially sound to keep it going.

Consoles will not have it.So go there if you want

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    On top of this... the RMAH is a money-source for Blizzard that technically, works.

There's no truly logical reason for them to remove it, from the business perspective.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water