Thread: Shaman tier16

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    the sunwell tier wasn't very shaman either..I don't see much wrong with this tier personally
    at least the sunwell gear fit the theme of the raid =p

I think most people like the set, it just doesn't seem to fit - it strikes me as odd that a set would require justification...

Why do people think space has more to do with the arcane? Space isn't magic. Space is physics. Planets and rotation and stars are physics. The set fits on the elemental level.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    the sunwell tier wasn't very shaman either..I don't see much wrong with this tier personally
    Because it shared the same model with Hunters, Sunwell sets were like T9, same armor class, same set but different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Maios View Post
    Why do people think space has more to do with the arcane? Space isn't magic. Space is physics. Planets and rotation and stars are physics. The set fits on the elemental level.
    I think most of us expected another set which art is of tribal/voodoo stuff you know. see pvp set. a lot of people wanted a wolf theme for pve too (which does not make sense to have similar sets at the same time). so they are a little bit disappointed.

however I think it fits to the upcoming tier sets art style perfectly. whatever it is based on. personally I already said it, for me it is going in the same direction as the trial of the crusader set (wotlk) influenced by pvp which fits for an orgrimmar raid from ally pov.

fortunately we have transmogrification so the sky is not falling

The tier set looks more Mage then Shaman but i can learn to love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well.. my expectations were pretty low.. the sets we got this expansion so far are imho the ugliest shaman sets we ever had...
    and then... T16... it's just awesome. finally something worth showing

Since moonfire, starfire and starfall all deal arcane damage...
    And mages got their portals, teleports, time warp stuff and all that, all being arcane, all being time/space manipulation and stuff, all being based on arcane...

Tbh, the spiritual aspect of shamans have an arcane-ish feeling to them, but in the end it is not arcane, and has nothing to do with space either.
    My take is that blizz wanted to, after having adressed the more tribal races, wanted to make something for the more unorthodox races, in this case, draenei. Draenei have are spacegoats, so a fitting theme.

I still would've like the wolf theme better though. I'm not even that disappointed in the set, more because we've seen that dark shaman thing (my most favourite so far, including all pve AND pvp shaman sets), and likely wont ever get it thanks to this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Because in the wow universe, The Well of Eternity, primal source of magic in Azeroth, draw all his power from the Great Dark Beyond, with is basically the name of outer space.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Well, nearly every other class has horrible tier 16 sets so I wouldn't really expect much.

It doesn't suck, but it's not gonna be worth the room in my void storage when the tier is over, either. Might hang on to the shoulders in the hope that Val'ynar becomes xmoggable at some point. I hate the helm, but honestly there aren't a lot of helms I like in the game anyway, especially in mail, and especially on Dwarves.

Most of the T16 sets turned out pretty bad. With the exception of maybe 2-3 classes, it seems like all the Season 14 stuff looks much nicer.

Deleted
    Gah, wtb a decent set. This looks more like a mage set. But hey, transmog is here for a reason lol..

I actually really like T16 for shaman, an Astral set was a good move from Blizzard in my opinion. Can't wait to see it on other models.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Possible, but those shoulders & helmet look more like a burned part of a tree to me than a Volcano.

In the end it's fire themed.
    ... The set is called "Erupting Volcanic Regalia"....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann