Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You are not allowed to post links, images, blah blah until you've posted a few times

Why am I getting this error message? I'm trying to post a thread without links or images and it keeps giving me that message. Please halp.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've gota have 10 posts before you can post links/images, it helps prevents bots advertising.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Yes, but what I'm trying to post has no links or images. So I'm super super confused.

well... you just did

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    well... you just did
    I'm trying to start a new thread about an issue I'm having and it keeps giving me this error message. There are no links or images in that post. But for some reason I can post this thread and reply to others.

Apparently I'm too dumb to use these forums, hah

So just put your problem here :P
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    So just put your problem here :P
    Is this the appropriate forum to whine about my Shadowpriest's dps?

Just keep talking in this thread, and you should reach 10 posts in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Just keep talking in this thread, and you should reach 10 posts in no time
    Thanks, I just feel like a huge derp because I don't see anything that could be misconstrued as a link or a picture in my other post. Grr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TMV View Post
    I'm trying to start a new thread about an issue I'm having and it keeps giving me this error message. There are no links or images in that post. But for some reason I can post this thread and reply to others.

Apparently I'm too dumb to use these forums, hah
    It might be something that was introduced to prevent the rash of advertising that has been popping up from new members. It's possible that the error message just don't include that information. If it continues to show after you've made 10 posts then I'd PM a mod about it.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    It might be something that was introduced to prevent the rash of advertising that has been popping up from new members. It's possible that the error message just don't include that information. If it continues to show after you've made 10 posts then I'd PM a mod about it.
    Ok, ty for the info. I think I'm up to 10 posts now. I'll try again.

Deleted
    Same thing here, just plain text and get the same error, weird.

Deleted
    Some characters in text will also be interpreted as links - for example, the '@' character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Some characters in text will also be interpreted as links - for example, the '@' character.

Yep, this is usually the issue (often in a CPU speed). The forum always interprets "@" as belonging to an email and blocks the post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yep, this is usually the issue (often in a CPU speed). The forum always interprets "@" as belonging to an email and blocks the post.
    Seems like an issue with email recognition. If you have a good regexp setup to recognize email addresses, this shouldn't happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but it's built-in, so I'm not sure if we can fix it (or if it's worth the time right now given that we're still fixing a few last upgrade bugs and it only affects people under 10 posts).

I'll ask about it after we finish that

Sounds like upgrades....upgrades always unleash more bugs then benefits =/

Deleted
    hey Ive been on the site a while and finally made an account (hurrah) but with this 10 post thing until you can link images and sites etc - what about forum sigs? it said i dont have permission for one, so is this unlocked at 10 posts as well?

Deleted
    ah i read through the faq but must have missed that since im blind. Thanks!

So glad I found this thread! I was going batty since a few posts constitutes the number three to me so I was wondering why I wasn't able to link my armory in the mage forums a while ago.