Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Focus added gameplay to a boring class.
    As other said, we were in a spot where mana was a nearly unlimited ressource, we could pot, judge wisdom etc...
    There is a reason why we could macro our entire rotation, and topping dps while using a macro and a turbo function gamepad, that reason was our ressource system was inexistant.

So yeah, it's not cool to pump for focus, but at least you have to think a little bit.

Deleted
    Mana was just too extreme one way or the other by the end of Wrath I found. When we did 10 man runs on weekends etc of ICC I found that my mana was gone quite early into fights. Switch to 25 man for main raiding and it was a non-entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Focus added gameplay to a boring class.
    As other said, we were in a spot where mana was a nearly unlimited ressource, we could pot, judge wisdom etc...
    There is a reason why we could macro our entire rotation, and topping dps while using a macro and a turbo function gamepad, that reason was our ressource system was inexistant.

So yeah, it's not cool to pump for focus, but at least you have to think a little bit.
    The alternative is to twiddle your thumbs auto attacking waiting for your energy/focus bar to slowly refill. I'd rather cast, at least it feels like I'm doing something.

Practice, nothing else really. During 4.0 PTR i spent hours hitting the dummies and some more when it hit live servers.

practice practice! Now i <3 focus, good bye viper aspect ur totally garbage.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2013-07-09 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    practice practice! Now i loathe focus <3 good bye viper aspect ur totally garbage.
    I uh, think you made a pretty funny mistake there.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-07-12 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not looking forward to switching to focus at all but it was not hard to learn. The rotation stayed like the exact same.

Mana and aspect of the viper was not that big of deal past ulduar. If you were playing correctly hunters were MM with mass ArP. Someone else in the raid gave replenishment so if you even ran out of mana it was well into the fight and took no time at all to recover using aspect of the viper+viper sting and then using Chimera to refresh viper sting right before it ran out. With 2 durations of viper sting and aspect that was like 20 seconds and you were easily back to 60% mana

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember yelling I need a innervate and fk the healers. Im happy with focus now tho, makes me feel in contro. I do miss viper stinging bitches and draining mana
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

It is the easiest and best feeling 'energy bar' to deal with but I honestly still don't like it. My Hunter was my main in BC and my 'main alt' in Wotlk and I just don't enjoy it after the change. Stinks because I have some cool nostalgia items on him.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Focus is much better than mana. Practise endlessly and it will eventually come.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss mana mainly because on farm fights I got my resto druid to throw an Innervate on me every once in a while and I rocked face. Back in the day when aspects mattered more than "DPS in this one," and "Rez run in this one."

C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by ATron52 View Post
    I miss mana mainly because on farm fights I got my resto druid to throw an Innervate on me every once in a while and I rocked face. Back in the day when aspects mattered more than "DPS in this one," and "Rez run in this one."

C'est la vie.
    I would like to see them do something interesting with aspects so that you actually had to think which 1 to use. Would be cool if certain abilities behaved differently depending on what aspect you were in... ofc there would need to be more aspects added back into the game for that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I would like to see them do something interesting with aspects so that you actually had to think which 1 to use. Would be cool if certain abilities behaved differently depending on what aspect you were in... ofc there would need to be more aspects added back into the game for that.
    I've always dreamed of an aspect of the shark...Swim speed increase, breath increase (back before they buffed it to the ridiculous three (?) minutes that it is today) and an attack speed increase in water instead of static AP like Hawk.

I'd love to see Money brought back as a "PvP" aspect, though instead of dodge maybe stun and disarm duration reduction of 15% or something. I don't PvP sop I'm not sure exactly what they'd do. I think Hawk could have a crit based proc of some sort (Call it Hawkeye or something since hawks are known for excellent vision). Cheetah could give a little less speed but give a small attack speed increase, and pack change into some sort of Stampeding Roar raid utility. Maybe add an Aspect of the Phoenix that gives health regen of some type since hunter self-heals are pretty lacking.

They could do so much with the aspect system - it's sad to see it in such poor shape now compared to Wrath where there was more flavor. Don't bring viper back, it was pretty lame, but throw some interesting mechanics in, please.

But I digress as aspects are a discussion for another thread / day as this one is about focus.