[Music] Jay-Z's new album Magna Carta = Best commercial rap album in 5 years?

Haven't been a huge fan of Jay-Z's work in the past 5 years or so, but I was pleasantly surprised with Magna Carta. I actually liked it better then American Gangster which I thought was his best album since the black album. The production is top notch even better then Kanye's Beautiful Dark Fantasy and grew on me after the second listen. Nickles and Dimes, Heaven, and Picasso are my current favorites. Thoughts?

Oh, and please no "Rap sucks lol" comments.

when i put an album into my itunes, i delete any songs that i dont like. i think i deleted about 2 maybe 3 songs from the new jay z album. i liked it, not a classic but hey what is anymore.

Deleted
    Better production than MBDTF??? A bit hyperbolic. It's okay, I don't think the replay value is great. I think that Holy Grail has the best beat this year though. Could do without JT imo.

It is good though. June/July has been a great month for rap tbh, got Yeezus which is a 8 or 9 / 10. Born Sinner which is apparently good but I find J Cole to be like NyQUil. Mac's album was surprisingly good 7/10. Statik's album is pretty weak but Black Thought drops the best verse I've heard in a long time on that - best of the decade maybe all time no joke. MCHG was okay nice all star cast and traditional beats and style which contrasts well with Yeezus.

Just waiting on Mayday's album and ScHoolboy Q's now.

Personally I would put undun by The Roots, MBDTF by Kanye and GKMC by K Dot as the top 3 commercial rap albums of the last 5 years.