Poll: Do you guys miss good old shadow bolt ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I miss BC shadowbolt spec, 11111111111111111111111111111111, repeat.

Personally I really like the Shadow Bolt playstyle. MG sucks dickballs in PVP which is what I enjoyed doing on my Warlock.
    Hi Sephurik

I certainly miss those SM/Ruin shadow bolts

The spec basically died for me the day they removed it. I'm all for class evolution, but I really think they took the Drain Soul Execute too far by revolving the whole spec around channeling and removing the cast time nuke that's been staple for locks since the start.

I agree that it gives the class more diversity in flavor, just happens that I don't like that flavor.

Since Blizz wants to give us 3 unique specs but pigeon hole us to two by only having dual spec, its easy for me to ignore the one and continue to love my lock.

I miss nightfall, but not really shadowbolt. No, the only thing I really miss on my warlock from before is my felpuppy. I can either use a talent that turns it into an ugly flying squid, or a talent that makes use of no pet at all. The other talent sucks for my purposes, and that leaves me with no felpuppy. I feel like a traitor to my companion that fought by my side consistently for several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think about it as Affliction you are wracking the target with several different spells designed to cause agony... curses.. evil spells... all sorts of things. Throwing a bolt of shadow at the enemy doesn't fit that "scheme". I liked Aff back in BC sure but i think the change of MG is welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

All I know is that I used to have to apply 4-5 DOT's....monitor and not clip them.....AND throw up SB's as fillers hoping for a Nightfall proc so I can get instant cast. Now all I have to do is throw up 3 DOT's, Haunt if needed, and filler with MG.

I don't miss the old ways....

Oh, and why would you cast SB as Destro back then? Shouldn't you be casting Incinerate as fillers? My memory might be failing me but I don't remember ever having to cast SB's as Destro.