Is there ever going to be a solution with the realms in the game ?

I've been away from the game for 3 months since I serve and don't have time to play much, however recently I had great interest in returning and seeing from WoWProgress (europe) most of the realms (could say 80-85% of them) are utterly unbalanced.

is there ever going to be a solution to this ?
    Coming across this very classic video today that most veterans here would definetly remember as one of the most epic (or sad) things this game has ever seen made me miss the fun in world PvP, and you cant see much of it recently (or can you? incative for 3 months) but if say you would want to open an alliance charecter in the same realm, you would experience a deserted faction with low population.

anyways, what you guys thing ? I play in Twisting Nether, worth coming back to play ? mostly a PvE player, but enjoy PvP and populated world, not sure if one exist in such highly unbalanced realm like mine.

/discuss

Virtual Realms are coming in 5.4. Not much to discuss, really. They're the first step to a unified, realmless WoW.

Deleted
    There's no solution for unbalanced high/full pop realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There's no solution for unbalanced high/full pop realms.
    Unless they were virtual realmed with a realm that has an imbalance in the opposite direction.

That's a solution. Man that was easy. I should get paid for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Unless they were virtual realmed with a realm that has an imbalance in the opposite direction.

Kind of what I think when I see most commercial advertising these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

How can you fuse an already full pop realm with another? What you'll receive is massive overcrowding to the point of ppl getting "trampled" everywhere.

Virtual Realms..
    Even if the PTR servers are up, a lot of things are missing and pretty much everything is incomplete for now. That's why we will talk a bit Virtual realms today.

One of the 5.4 patch new feature is the Virtual Realms. It was already announced, but let's see exactly how is this going to affect you, the player.

What are the Virtual Realms?
    The new Virtual realms are a set of current realms, fused together, where everything will work as they would be some big merged realm.
    Yes, we do have CRZ (cross-realm zones) now, but the virtual realms are more than that. You can compare it to a Battlegroup or even with a so-much-requested realm merge.

What players have to do?
    There is nothing you should do, just wait for this feature to be implemented. The merge of two realms was problematic because of the duplicate character names, but with the Virtual Realms that wont be a problem anymore.
    The players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name. Pretty much similar to the current CRZ situation where players will have their realm as a surname.

What Virtual Realms will allow you to do?
    You'll be able to do everything. Players form the same Virtual Realm are going to be able to join guilds, join raids and join arenas together. They can also trade and use the same auction house.

Things we don't know yet.
    It is unknown if all the realms are going to be affected by this feature. We can tell for sure that the low and medium populated realms will benefit from this, but are the high and full realms going to remain the way they are?
    It is yet unknown how all this is going to affect the economy. I guess it will take a while to stabilize. A merged auction house was discussed before, but there were a lot of pro and cons about it.
    Last but not least, we don't know if the virtual realms are going to be based on battlegroups or if we will see some cross battle group realms as well...

There are a lot of good things that ca come out of these new Virtual Realms. What do you think about them? Were you awaiting for a feature like this?

sounds like a good solution to me.
    Last edited by Tomlye; 2013-07-06 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Virtual realms in 5.4 should help some of the imbalances.

And that only really works when the numbers then are not excessive.
    It is anything but simple, and not a certainty that a virtual merge will solve anything in the long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    anyways, what you guys thing ? I play in Twisting Nether, worth coming back to play ? mostly a PvE player, but enjoy PvP and populated world, not sure if one exist in such highly unbalanced realm like mine.
    /discuss
    I play there too and its actually quite fine. CRZ (as much as I hate them) ensure that you will be running into people both while on 90 and leveling toons as well so you don't have to worry, that the world won't be populated. I scored 10+ World PvP kills while doing the Midsummer achievments last week and I wasn't even looking for a fights, they just kept showing up and attacking me. And to your question, there are definitely other unbalanced realms like ours, but CRZ and virtual realms coming in 5.4 are pretty huge step towards the overall happiness of all the players on them so .. yeah, definitely worth coming back, trying it out if you truly missed it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    How can you fuse an already full pop realm with another? What you'll receive is massive overcrowding to the point of ppl getting "trampled" everywhere.
    The CRZ technology already lets them phase people into separate "layers" of a zone if a zone becomes too overpopulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The CRZ technology already lets them phase people into separate "layers" of a zone if a zone becomes too overpopulated.
    phasing is one thing, that virtual realm thing should work another way without that phase shi*e

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    phasing is one thing, that virtual realm thing should work another way without that phase shi*e
    Like I said, the layering only occurs if a zone is overpopulated. That probably won't be an issue even with virtual realms, at least not very often. But it is an option that's already available.

Hopefully virtual realms with fix this!