Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Herioc Will of the Emperor - Wth?

We finished ToT early this week and went back to some old heroic content. Everything was pretty easy, though Spirit King's kind of a pain in the arse.. But anyway, we are going into do a few more attempts on Heroic Will, WHICH IS JUST RIDICULOUS. I dunno if we got the strat wrong or what but its pretty hectic. I am looking for some advice or maybe some strats people have used against him? Anything would be much appreciated ^_^.

We are currently running 3 tanks for the fight - 2 for boss one to soak sparks. Is this a viable way of doing it?

Deleted
    Nearly all classes can soak the sparks, no need for a third tank. rogue/huntard/ etc,

Deleted
    Truth be told, at this point you are probably better off just killing the sparks instead of soaking them.

with todays gear absolutely, but its way easier to just have a rogue take all, because then you dont have to heal so much.

use a rogue or a mage to soak makes it a trivial fight even when it was a relevant one , other then that its allmost the same. its just not tank spank like the others in there with tot gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah we dont got a rogue, i do play my mage in the group...but soaking every single one as a mage seems kind of intense, especially considering how much they are popping out. am i missing something being able to soak them? can either use Ginvis or double IB w/ Cold Snap.... Also, we tried just killing them and shit just got too hectic (though that was when we were trying w/o a few of our higher dps who couldnt make it). anyway, they seem to come a lot faster than i would be able to soak... you saying have people kite em till theres a bunch up then bring me to me for me to soak em?

CC and AoE as many adds as you can at once to make your soaking more efficient

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcloud View Post
    yeah we dont got a rogue, i do play my mage in the group...but soaking every single one as a mage seems kind of intense, especially considering how much they are popping out. am i missing something being able to soak them? can either use Ginvis or double IB w/ Cold Snap.... Also, we tried just killing them and shit just got too hectic (though that was when we were trying w/o a few of our higher dps who couldnt make it). anyway, they seem to come a lot faster than i would be able to soak... you saying have people kite em till theres a bunch up then bring me to me for me to soak em?
    yea people who have sparks coming towards them can't run wherever they want, suppose to group them up, so that when you soak you eat all of them. It's just sparks/output which u most likely have/dance fight.

Deleted
    The sparks only have about 1.5 million health (assuming 10-man). With current gear levels the easiest tactic is probably to just kill all rage and strength sparks. Maybe have a melee soak the courage sparks. Soaking all sparks does require some co-ordination and cooldown usage. Timing your cooldowns can take a bit of time to learn too, as sometimes the sparks explode quickly and sometimes they just hang there for some time even though someone is in melee range. Killing sparks just requires some mindless dps, and you should have plenty to spare at this point.

I think we had 4 dps on adds and sparks, 2 on bosses when we went back a while ago, and the bosses still died pretty quickly.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-07-06 at 07:59 PM.

iirc any class with deter/cloak can solo all the sparks you just need to manage them

Just did a heroic MSV clear today, my group couldn't soak sparks to save their lives (which is funny because they died)(Really only had a problem with the 2nd rage soaker). Then we realized that the sparks are attackable and slowable, so the next attempt we killed the Rage sparks and let the few melee we have soak the Strength and Courage ones, killed it that attempt. Just make sure people aren't standing in the worst spots or kiting the sparks over the worst spots. Takes effort on both ends.

Stack ranged DPS and kill all the sparks. GG.

There's no need to soak sparks. You can slow them and just kill them. The dps should be on adds 100% of the time. When he does titan gas everyone can switch and blow the boss up. Also you want 2 tanks. Not 3. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    There's no need to soak sparks. You can slow them and just kill them. The dps should be on adds 100% of the time. When he does titan gas everyone can switch and blow the boss up. Also you want 2 tanks. Not 3. Ever.
    He "does titan gas" the whole fight on HC.

2 tanks 2 heals 4 DPS 1 mele 1 soaker (3th tank or Rogue) or 2 tanks 2 heals 5dps and rotation of soaking 1 mele

tanks have to avoid combos
    healers dont ahve to holad all on 100% only focus tanks after combo and soaking person other can be on 30%
    1 melee DPS solo take care of emperor strenght
    other DPS kill adds in way Curage>Rage>strenght (only if 2 are up)>boss

you dont want to kill 2 rages in the same time on each other soaking 2 balls with out extra CD can be realy deadly

killing sparks is pontless beter go 3 tanks and soak them

15+ Year Old Account
    There are other classes who can soak as well. If you have monks, they can get quite a few of them between Diffuse Mage (1 1/2 min cd) and Zen Meditation (3 min cd) (both reduce magic damage by 90%). Probably soak every other Strength Spark with Touch of Karma
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-07 at 07:26 AM.

Hi, i was the Soaker rogue for the guild.

We took this heroic down in no more than 10 attempts back when it was current content.

There is absolutely NOTHING better than a rogue for the job.

When there is 2 sparks from rages you rotate your dps to soak em.

In our case it was:

First 2 rages = everybody kills those sparks.

Second 2 rages = Rogue cloak soak.

Third 2 rages = S priest disperse.

And so on.

For every other spark during the fight (from different adds) it was all me (rogue) with feint(+elusiveness talent)

My dmg for the fight was very low because my main dmg skill was Shuriken to keep recuperate up while staying in the center of the room a lot to run for sparks every time. Shadowstep to get behind the courage and shiv em (to slow em)

Very simple, but you can adjust with many classes, best is rogue thoug.

yes you can run woth 3 tanks, we did that on our first kill without outgearing the fight.

when we did it we had hunter soak 4 raged then shadow priest soak 4

other shadow priest soaked the curagers

and the 3rd tank soked strength

used cc on ragers untill we had 4 then aoed them and had our priest or hunter run in

15+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight Grasp is OP.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Rogue, Guardian Druid and Prot warrior can all solo soak the whole thing, dps shouldn't be an issue at all at this stage of the expansion with even a little bit of ToT gear, if you use either of the tanks ask them to stamina stack since they won't be needing the usual stats they stack as they won't actually be tanking anything. The breaks in adds are timed so when the first break comes pop lust and zerg the bosses, the tanks will pretty much solo the bosses anyway provided they do the dance properly.