Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    looking to get around 15 fps if possible
    i think a commodore could pull 15 fps in WoW. if you are buying a new PC why are you going for 15 FPS. Shoot for 100 dont be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    How are you gonna buy all that with 100$ more?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($75.91 @ Newegg)
    Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Athena Power CA-GSB01DA (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($32.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $547.83
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 19:58 EDT-0400)

Here a new better build than before since you have more money, maybe if i search we could put some intel stuff but its late and not sure i have the power, but i will try xD

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI B75A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $584.91
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 20:01 EDT-0400)

Is a bit more expensive, but slightly better also, especially for WoW, you want the second build xD
    how much more of a difference will that be compared to the 350 one O-O

considering i dont need all games to be on ultra or have 60 fps do you think i would get more enjoyment if i put the extra money towards a wiiu and ps4 or this.

because ill be getting a wiiu and ps4 eventually so if the 350 one can play most games on average settings at like 15 fps ill be happy with that and i can use the wiiu can ps4 for games my pc cant handle. and do you think the 350 one could play some of the newer games on low and still get around 15 fps?

just trying to figure out which one would be more worth it at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

and since im building it myself i could always beef up my pc later on if i get the 350 one O-O

how much more of a difference will that be compared to the 350 one O-O

considering i dont need all games to be on ultra or have 60 fps do you think i would get more enjoyment if i put the extra money towards a wiiu and ps4 or this.

because ill be getting a wiiu and ps4 eventually so if the 350 one can play most games on average settings at like 15 fps ill be happy with that and i can use the wiiu can ps4 for games my pc cant handle. and do you think the 350 one could play some of the newer games on low and still get around 15 fps?

just trying to figure out which one would be more worth it at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

and since im building it myself i could always beef up my pc later on if i get the 350 one O-O
    You cant beef up a 350 dollar PC, the only thing you can do is buy a new one, i made you that PC to play only World of Warcraft at Medium, it can handle that because WoW is old, no matter what they improve its still old hence any machine can run it.

I understand how you believe 15 fps is awesome when you play with 4 FPS..But if you have the money, buy the second on the list up there, you wont regret it.

The 350 dollar PC cant play newer games on 15 fps at low, you will play the same way you have been playing all these years in the next year if you buy the 350 one, aka barely play at all , i made that build as low and cheap as possible to enjoy World of Warcraft at Medium at 60 FPS while questing and probably 20-30 FPS during LFR with Medium settings/Heavy stuff off, not to play PS4 games decently.

The second one i posted at 584$ is beefy enough to let you play all the new PS4 games on Medium easily, not at 15 FPS, at good enjoyable 30 FPS or so, possibly higher depending on what options there are to disable.

I am building you a PC as close to the money you have as best as possible to get the best bang of your buck, in order to "Run games at ultra" you would require around 1000$+ not 550$.

I am making you a PC to run everything that might come out on Medium/Low easily for the next 3 years if not more, depending how heavy the games will be, and i am not talking 4 FPS, talking probably 20 FPS on Low in 3 years with the second choice.

Plus PS4 wont be out until 6 months from now, by then the 580$ will had paid their enjoyment.

And oh, since i didnt notice..The different of the systems is massive..Cant be compared..We are talking like 2-3 times the difference in terms of power, like at least 2 times or 3 times better performance.. the 350$ one as i said was purely for WoW,Medium settings.. the second choice up there is for everything you might need to play.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-07-11 at 12:54 AM.

You cant beef up a 350 dollar PC, the only thing you can do is buy a new one, i made you that PC to play only World of Warcraft at Medium, it can handle that because WoW is old, no matter what they improve its still old hence any machine can run it.

I understand how you believe 15 fps is awesome when you play with 4 FPS..But if you have the money, buy the second on the list up there, you wont regret it.

The 350 dollar PC cant play newer games on 15 fps at low, you will play the same way you have been playing all these years in the next year if you buy the 350 one, aka barely play at all.

The second one i posted at 584$ is beefy enough to let you play all the new PS4 games on Medium easily, not at 15 FPS, at good enjoyable 30 FPS or so, possibly higher depending on what options there are to disable.

I am building you a PC as close to the money you have as best as possible to get the best bang of your buck, in order to "Run games at ultra" you would require around 1000$ not 550$.

I am making you a PC to run everything that might come out on Medium/Low easily for the next 3 years if not more, depending how heavy the games will be, and i am not talking 4 FPS, talking probably 20 FPS on Low in 3 years with the second choice.
    so if i buy the 580 one it will last a few years before i need to upgrade it?

so if i buy the 580 one it will last a few years before i need to upgrade it?
    Yes, its not an amazing one but as example.

It can easily run all games on High without excessive stuff like Anti-Aliasing or Heavy Shadows probably for the next year or two...

Especially compared to the 4 FPS you were having, we are talking at least 30-40 FPS on some "heavy" games at High without the excessive settings for another ~2 years..After that it will grow weaker, but it will still play them..Medium and Low, and probably at 4-5 years it might need a change, depends how heavy the games will become.

In the same manner to make you understand, the 350$ one wont be able to run games past medium 1-2 years from now and you will need to give another 350, to buy something similar like the 350$ one now, to play for another year..Waste of money..Again the 350$ has no graphics card cause you were gonna use the integrated one, second build has a better CPU, and a much better GPU hence the power difference.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-07-11 at 01:01 AM.

Yes, its not an amazing one but as example.

It can easily run all games on High without excessive stuff like Anti-Aliasing or Heavy Shadows probably for the next year or two...

Especially compared to the 4 FPS you were having, we are talking at least 30-40 FPS on some "heavy" games at High without the excessive settings for another ~2 years..After that it will grow weaker, but it will still play them..Medium and Low, and probably at 4-5 years it might need a change, depends how heavy the games will become.
    then i guess i better get it, spend a little extra now save me some headaches later on. if iamanerd gives me a windows key then i will only need 50 dollars extra.

ill be building it myself though so hopefully i dont mess nothin up, seems easy to build one though

then i guess i better get it, spend a little extra now save me some headaches later on. if iamanerd gives me a windows key then i will only need 50 dollars extra.

ill be building it myself though so hopefully i dont mess nothin up, seems easy to build one though
    Building them isnt hard, it was made easier over the years but some things could go wrong..Have someone a bit more experienced with you to make sure though.

Building them isnt hard, it was made easier over the years but some things could go wrong..Have someone a bit more experienced with you to make sure though.
    i dont really have anyone experienced to help me, i was just planning on watching some step by step videos and watching them as i go along.

the guy i was gonna have build it for me wasnt there when i went to his house, apparently he got divorced and kicked out because he wouldnt pay any bills or somethin

i dont really have anyone experienced to help me, i was just planning on watching some step by step videos and watching them as i go along.

the guy i was gonna have build it for me wasnt there when i went to his house, apparently he got divorced and kicked out because he wouldnt pay any bills or somethin
    xD The videos can guide you yes..Nowadays there arent many things to go wrong there are 2-3 important parts to look out for.

1)Make sure you put the motherboard seating screws on the case and place the motherboard on them carefully and screw into them..They look like :

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...H8pQP2gpZ2DLaA

2)Make sure to not rough-handle your CPU, do not touch the underside of it, hold it by the side, watch how the arrow is pointed and place it accordingly.

http://cdn0.mos.techradar.futurecdn....470-380-75.jpg

You can see it at the bottom left side, the manual will guide you also.

3) Make sure the CPU cooler is seated properly, push down with your thumb a few times until you make sure all 4 of the legs "clicked" and watch the arrows on the legs, make sure they arent turned towards were they are pointing, thats where they come off, so you want them locked the other way.

4) Make sure all the cables are properly put, many people forget the 8pin CPU power one on the motherboard.

Those are the 4 major fails lately really xD
    Last edited by potis; 2013-07-11 at 01:13 AM.

xD The videos can guide you yes..Nowadays there arent many things to go wrong there are 2-3 important parts to look out for.

1)Make sure you put the motherboard seating screws on the case and place the motherboard on them carefully and screw into them..They look like :

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...H8pQP2gpZ2DLaA

2)Make sure to not rough-handle your CPU, do not touch the underside of it, hold it by the side, watch how the arrow is pointed and place it accordingly.

http://cdn0.mos.techradar.futurecdn....470-380-75.jpg

You can see it at the bottom left side, the manual will guide you also.

3) Make sure the CPU cooler is seated properly, push down with your thumb a few times until you make sure all 4 of the legs "clicked" and watch the arrows on the legs, make sure they arent turned towards were they are pointing, thats where they come off, so you want them locked the other way.

4) Make sure all the cables are properly put, many people forget the 8pin CPU power one on the motherboard.

Those are the 4 major fails lately really xD
    thank you very much ^-^

thank you very much ^-^
    I forgot to mention that on the CPU there are also two little holes as you can see on the picture, those help guiding you also.

the optical drive on my pc still works pretty good do you think i could just take it out of my old pc to save some money?

the optical drive on my pc still works pretty good do you think i could just take it out of my old pc to save some money?
    Yeap, it wil drop the price by 15$ or so.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI B75A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $567.92
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 21:26 EDT-0400)

Again to make sure ;D