1. #1

    5.4 and profession xmutes, in regards to gold making.

    Hello. I've been wondering, which professions are going to be the best at making passive gold in 5.4?

    By passive gold I mean, from easy things like xmutes. I see engineering is getting a new xmute item, along with a very attractive crafted mount, although the item is BoP, and you need 30 to make the mount, it seems like it may be an easy gold maker.

    Making living steel on my realm is mostly moot, the mats cost almost as much as the living steel itself, so alch seems a poor choice.

    Any other thoughts?

    edit:I see smiths are getting a new xmute, although its unclear what it will be used in/for.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2013-07-06 at 07:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Those mounts that Engineering will be able to make (and they are not BoP fyi) will require 30 Living Steel from what we now know. Furthermore both Engi and BS will use Ghost IRon bars for their cooldown. This means Ghost Iron ore, and trillium ore, and thier respective bars will go up in price. You can bet that Living Steel will follow them since it's manufacture is directly tied to them.

    Being able to turn less Ghost Iron ore into more Trillium bars and Living Steel (through transmute mastery) will be very nice in early 5.4. I'd suggest you start getting a nice stockpile of everything right now, so you can sell them for profit in 5.4.


    The basic BS/LW/Tailoring cooldown that we are getting will at the same time teach you patterns for which they can be used. It's safe to assume there will be some high level items among them. At the moment there is no use for the Celestial Cloth for instance that the Tailoring cooldown will produce. Truth is though, most likely these high end items will also require the equivalent of Blood Spirit/Haunting Spirit from 5.4, so I'm uncertain how much use the cooldown will be if you do not have the gold to sink into making these items.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Those mounts that Engineering will be able to make (and they are not BoP fyi) will require 30 Living Steel from what we now know. Furthermore both Engi and BS will use Ghost IRon bars for their cooldown. This means Ghost Iron ore, and trillium ore, and thier respective bars will go up in price. You can bet that Living Steel will follow them since it's manufacture is directly tied to them.

    Being able to turn less Ghost Iron ore into more Trillium bars and Living Steel (through transmute mastery) will be very nice in early 5.4. I'd suggest you start getting a nice stockpile of everything right now, so you can sell them for profit in 5.4.


    The basic BS/LW/Tailoring cooldown that we are getting will at the same time teach you patterns for which they can be used. It's safe to assume there will be some high level items among them. At the moment there is no use for the Celestial Cloth for instance that the Tailoring cooldown will produce. Truth is though, most likely these high end items will also require the equivalent of Blood Spirit/Haunting Spirit from 5.4, so I'm uncertain how much use the cooldown will be if you do not have the gold to sink into making these items.
    Celestial Cloth now actually has a use. According to the PTR section of wowhead, it is used to create an ilvl 545 waist or legs. The thing this time is that it simply requires a lot of cloth, that most probably has a 1 day cooldown. My guess is that you need to do this daily cooldown to unlock new PvE and PvP patterns, just like hey did with 5.2.

    There also might be an option to create celestial cloth with SoH's.

    Since there was lots of complaining about Blood Spirit's and all its equilvents the last few expansions, it looks like they decided crafted gear will be obtainable to everyone that has the patience to do a daily cooldown for a month. To be honost, I kind of agree. If you raid properly, the chance you are using the Blood/Haunting spirits were minimal. The only good it did was that it was a good income for people that only have time for raiding. Its often shit gear, missing good gemslots, or simply has bad stats on it.

  4. #4
    I completely forgot about those items >.< I allready knew this. These are them: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98619-cel...ed:reagent-for

    So, depending on class and professions available, there is something useful to make with these new cooldowns, even if you are not rich. You just need to be extremely patient. Belt + pants = 49 days of cooldowns, if you use the items for yourself. 49 days of cooldowns = 490 bolts of cloth = 2450 pieces of cloth. Not to mention you'll still use your normal cooldown as well, as a tailor to make leg enchants/bags. Going to be some cloth shortage, I reckon.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-07-07 at 01:21 AM.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,630
    All crafting profs, sans Alchemy and Inscription, are getting a new daily crafting item to create SoO ilvl gear. The Jard stuff from Engineers is needed to make pets/mounts and I think a 36 slot food bag. LWs, Tailors, and BS are also getting a item that they need a ton of (~1 month per gear thing) in order to make the SoO craftable items. For LW, it requires 2 Magnificent Hides, and lets you learn a recipe, akin to the Magnificence of Leather/Scales require for crafted dreadfuls tuff. Tailoring, 10 Windwool Cloth bolts. Blacksmith, I believe its either 6 or 8 Trillium bars. The recipes for the 3 armor crafters appears to be crafted Malevolent(476) ilvl gear, and SoO crafted gear.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Going to be some cloth shortage, I reckon.
    Maybe Windwool will actually be worth something again for a while, then.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Those mounts that Engineering will be able to make (and they are not BoP fyi) will require 30 Living Steel from what we now know. Furthermore both Engi and BS will use Ghost IRon bars for their cooldown.
    Engineering uses Ghost Iron Bars. Blacksmithing requires Trillium Bars.

    Just wanted to clarify.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Engineering uses Ghost Iron Bars. Blacksmithing requires Trillium Bars.

    Just wanted to clarify.
    Yeah true, it's 10 GI bar for engi: http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/139176-j...-energy-source

    And Blacksmithing 1 Trillium bar: http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/143255-b...trillium-ingot

    Since Alchemy transmutes 10 GI bar into 1 Trillium, the cost is the same, just with the extra step.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  9. #9
    Working on farming the herbs to make two alch kits for my alts.
    This will be the first time I've planed ahead to try and make some quick gold.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since Alchemy transmutes 10 GI bar into 1 Trillium, the cost is the same, just with the extra step.
    Trillium procs though.

    Engi + Transmute master. The mount price will be insane.

  11. #11
    JC + alch (xmute) not bad either.
    Got miner so depending on prices i buy ores or bars (ghost iron).

    Transmute gi bars into trillium bars. (have some procs)
    Transmute trillium bars to living steel (more).
    Prospeting the ores gives you a lot of minor gems. If you have lotusses, transmute to the rare gems (even more procs).
    You can also transmute those rare gems into Primal Diamonds (which can also proc).
    Last edited by superbotje; 2013-07-12 at 11:31 AM.

  12. #12
    So Alchemy and Inscription isnt going to get anything? seriously? what am i going to do with the 200 scrolls of wisdom?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Godmyster View Post
    So Alchemy and Inscription isnt going to get anything? seriously? what am i going to do with the 200 scrolls of wisdom?
    Darkmoon Cards I suppose. Would be nice if there was something else to spend these on, such as upgrades to the BoA staves.

  14. #14
    Are enchanting and jewel crafting getting anything new?

  15. #15
    Are the new daily CDs on their own or do they share CD with "old"?
    Like for Example can you do Imperial silk and also Celestial cloth both or just one of them per day?

  16. #16
    The Patient Sunnydruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Hello. I've been wondering, which professions are going to be the best at making passive gold in 5.4?

    By passive gold I mean, from easy things like xmutes. I see engineering is getting a new xmute item, along with a very attractive crafted mount, although the item is BoP, and you need 30 to make the mount, it seems like it may be an easy gold maker.

    Making living steel on my realm is mostly moot, the mats cost almost as much as the living steel itself, so alch seems a poor choice.

    Any other thoughts?

    edit:I see smiths are getting a new xmute, although its unclear what it will be used in/for.

    You will see a LARGE increase in price in the living steel sub-market. They might be "moot" to make right now, but just wait until the patch gets closer...they will be crazy. This is due to the fact that the mount isn't just some new mount that they put in, but the fact that it has a cool feature and it just looks plain awesome. So the demand will be sky high for this mount at first, unless it's buggy or isn't what people think it will be on live then I would assume that the living steel market will be kept up for a good while to come.

    As for the question of will the cooldowns be shared between the two cloths, not at the moment they aren't, but things can change. I would assume that they will not be on the same cd, and that goes for anything newly implemented.
    WoW Millionaire! Destroying markets with high school economic knowledge since 2012!
    -Over 5.8 million gold made -
    Why make gold? Because I live to outshine other people in the wonderful world of warcraft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •