Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    that awkward moment when ppl are afraid to eat 3 days old meat and I'm sitting here eating meat cooked last week xD
    Hey I've been part time dumpsterdiving food from groceryshops and supermarkets for over a decade, sitting here shaking my head in disbelief as I read the thread.

Deleted
    True questions of life

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat that shit rare bro. Still bleeding.

MAN MODE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Smell will tell you if its ok....very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I don't really know much about when food goes good/bad, but I did eat some chinese that had been sitting in my room for like 8 hours yesterday
    Usually you can tell by color of the meat and smell (firmness in steak cuts too).

Ground meat is terrible for you if you under-cook it, but other than that you should be fine to eat it up to 2 more days if the package is closed, expiration dates or sell by dates are more of a common guide... it's safe to eat until X.. then how bacteria grows after that is according on how you fresh you keep it, like, do you have a good fridge and shit?

Either way cook meat when it's fresh and room temperature, tastes a lot better, but if you want to wait you can play more safe by cooking the meal and storing it cooked, it'll last you longer and you won't have but to warm it up in a pan or the microwave.. though it might be a bit chewy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    that awkward moment when ppl are afraid to eat 3 days old meat and I'm sitting here eating meat cooked last week xD
    It's ground meat.. and it's raw.. idk what you have but it's already cooked, huge difference.

@ back to the OP.

For F*s sake, unless you like to play Russian roulette too never eat Chinese that has been out for 8 hours.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2013-07-07 at 01:24 PM.

Good general rules for outdated food: 1) Smell it, if ok: 2) Taste it, if ok: 3) Eat it. Raw meat I'd smell and look, and if nothing alarming, cook it well done and eat it.