10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Anyone else with a Summer cold?

I've never had a cold before in the summer. How is this even possible? So miserable right now.

I got colds throughout the entire year, and summer is no exception to that.

I just got over one that had lasted for a few days.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    A cold is a virus, the name is deceiving. You do not need to be cold to catch it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    a simple brute temperature change can do that. and people that abuse AC at like 18º and then go outside with 40º happens...

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I did run my self ragged last couple weeks installing central air-conditioners. I guess I let my immune system down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I did run my self ragged last couple weeks installing central air-conditioners. I guess I let my immune system down.
    Never be afraid of dirt or germs, they will make you stronger.

No, but my eyes are being fucking destroyed by hay feaver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Never be afraid of dirt or germs, they will make you stronger.
    First weekend I've had to relax and recharge and I wake up yesterday morning with a tickle in the bottom of my throat which only means non-stop coughing when I try to sleep. Just frustrating.

Funny because I just got over a head cold too. Pretty sure it was caused by the crazy humidity here which makes my nose run.

Its much better to get a cold in the winter because you can wrap yourself up in blankets and drink hot tea. In the summer you just get all sweaty and it feels worse. Tea is still nice though.

Deleted
    First weekend I've had to relax and recharge and I wake up yesterday morning with a tickle in the bottom of my throat which only means non-stop coughing when I try to sleep. Just frustrating.
    And when you get over it there is one less strain to bother you, you are stronger for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got some tylenol cold/flu medicine which is helping my cough. Thanks for the sympathy replies guys. I'll continue on with my beers

My hay-fever is flaring up very badly atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blake22tt View Post
    My hay-fever is flaring up very badly atm
    My eyes feel like there is glue in them. Not sure if I have pinkeye but I think its allergies.

Dealing with this right now. Started as a soar throat. It is like a mix of an allergic reaction and a cold. Taking Zyrtec works and I have also been taking Dayquil.

Deleted
    You have it too? It's really pissing me off as well. It's not a painful cough, but there always just that little niggle in the back of my throat at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I don't normally get sick outside cold weather. Last time I was ill in the summer was nine years ago, during some major grief over the loss of someone (and was the only time I also ended with what was probably bronchitis), so I think extreme stress or whatever can help a virus manage to get to you.

Hope you feel better soon, I'm sure it has to suck being sick when it's hot out. :\

Most likely allergy-related.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find the constant air conditioning gives me the sniffles. I don't actually get sick though.