Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sorry but that's just basic human competitiveness. Peeps that are special snowflakes and do stuff others can't do (e.g. kill that badass mammoth for the tribe) get to procreate more often. It's virtually the same in modern society. If you're rich you don't necessarily need to be sexy to get the attention of the other gender. :<

    It's a bit much to ask for something primal like that to not be carried over into activities like gaming.
    It's also primal to smack a woman over the head and drag her to your cave and make her give birth to your off spring but in a modern society this behavior is not tolerated. There are tons of players that are hardcore raiders who manage to enjoy raiding without a superiority complex or the need to ruin other people's fun, that's the kind of player you should aspire to become.

  2. #222
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,910
    There are tons of players that are hardcore raiders who manage to enjoy raiding without a superiority complex or the need to ruin other people's fun, that's the kind of player you should aspire to become.
    I know. I'm one of those raiders (I wouldn't count me as hardcore though).
    I dislike LFR because of it's mechanics not because it allows other players to see the content.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  3. #223
    WoW has far too many issues and simply put, "design choices" to be fixed anymore, for me.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    they are losing 20-25% of the players with every new expansion. How is that not broken?
    It's called product life span. You can only try to make the decline as slow as possible.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    So people think subs would go up if they make the game "harder" and less causal friendly? I dont know in what world you live in, but that would only lead to even more sub loss.
    Of course it would, no one's saying it wouldn't. Unless you mean more sub losses than we have now because that's where I disagree.

    The difference is hard content (that is gated by skill) leaves you with more satisfied players in my opinion. Always something to work for and when you actually accomplish something, even minor, it's more rewarding than doing LFR while watcing The Walking Dead or making dinner.

    There are players of course who quit at the sight of that sort of thing. But fuck them. They probably wouldn't be the ones to commit to a game for long anyways. And personally I'd be willing to cut 1 million subs if 7 million subs are happier rather than appease 1 million subs and have 7 million sour subs.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It's also primal to smack a woman over the head and drag her to your cave and make her give birth to your off spring but in a modern society this behavior is not tolerated. There are tons of players that are hardcore raiders who manage to enjoy raiding without a superiority complex or the need to ruin other people's fun, that's the kind of player you should aspire to become.
    Yet that's not how reality looks like at the moment. Casuals should also aspire to become better, yet blizz caved in. Question now is why blizz wont cave in to those who promote hostile but healthy competition.

  7. #227
    I'm a little lost on what you think needs 'fixing'.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  8. #228
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,910
    Question now is why blizz wont cave in to those who promote hostile but healthy competition.
    Because they tried that already and got burned by it.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Just because people are running LFR isn't because it is fun or engaging. It is because it is the only means to realisticly progress your character if you are not in a normal/hardmode guild. In vanilla wow people had all sorts of means to progress there characters because items actually felt powerful when you obtained them, even from a dungeon. Casual players could, for example, upgrade the dungeon sets to epic quality with long/intense quest chains that gave people something to do and wasn't drool on your keyboard content like LFR.

    The world felt larger because flying mounts and rediculas amounts of portals to every location didn't exist giving people a reason to go out into the world. Dungeons were long crawls that many enjoyed as it made there accomplishments seem even sweeter when they obtained them (Blue gear from dungeons felt alot more epic then LFR gear even if they were blue in color but not in spirit). Some people may not like attunements but at least the developers were trying to engage the player in exploring the world with non linear questing, as opposed to the on rails questing that we have now.

    The game was based more on the world experience and RPG elements of building a character (talent points) then looking for that quick fix from a gear slot machine that is LFR.

    The game today is a game of menu's and repeating the same content over and over with little sense of progression where as in Vanilla and BC everyone felt liek they were progressing at there own pace regardless of who saw the content right when it was release (if someone hasnt seen content just because it wasnt new when they cleared it doesnt make it any less new for the player). All groups of people could run something that was tailored to them that wasn't stream lined like LFR. Heroic Dungeons , Tier 0.5, long dungeon Crawls, Karazhan for the friend/family guilds , SSC for the more hardcore etc etc.

    Now the game has de-evolved from a classic RPG dungeon crawl/build your character/explore the world , to sit in town, open a menu and queue for content or run 4 different difficulties of the EXACT SAME RAID TIER causing burning out. This is what happens when you create fast food consumed type content.

    The RPG aspect of progression in this game is Dead. Enjoy your boring epic saturated content that gives no sense of accomplish to the majority of the player base.

    Blizzard has confused players with limited time to play with being inherently bad and thus giving them boring content akin to LFR.

    Would Zelda as fun if he could kill Ganon by avoiding to hunting for pieces of the mastersword by simply farming valor for a few weeks and buying it from a merchant? People want a journey when obtaining gear and progressing there character and the current model rapes players of that experience.
    I love this post ! Bring back the epic feelings of accomplishment and adventure!

  10. #230
    WoW has gotten far too repetitive now. Even more so than it was before. MOP has had the worst grind in WoW history, but 5.2/5.3 has helped reduce it. But their way late on that.

    Pretty sure that's one of the reasons why a lot of people are unsubbing.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblez View Post
    This very much. People say 'there are more avenues to play than ever before'. Partly true, but they also took many avenues away. And if there was so much to do, why are so many complaining of being bored
    You must be the player with the least knowledge of the game ever?
    What avenues did they take away apart from class quests wich is again END LEVEL content?
    You seriously hasnt noticed that wow follows the sheme: level to max - start content and everything else is just there to level?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sha being soloed already
    Have you done it yourself? it was ONE(!) guy .... your logic applied would mean that after one man stepped onto the moon noone else want to do it ....

    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    WoW has gotten far too repetitive now. Even more so than it was before.
    Tyr's Hand wants to have a word with you, sir!

  12. #232
    The chances are 0%.WoW was,is and will be the same.For 8 years they couldn't balance it,not gona happen now

  13. #233
    Get rid of LFR/LFG and take 5 man heroics back to BC style where teamwork and lots of CC and smart pulling was needed and i would be a happy camper.

  14. #234
    Originally Posted by ManOluck
    Just because people are running LFR isn't because it is fun or engaging. It is because it is the only means to realisticly progress your character if you are not in a normal/hardmode guild. In vanilla wow people had all sorts of means to progress there characters because items actually felt powerful when you obtained them, even from a dungeon. Casual players could, for example, upgrade the dungeon sets to epic quality with long/intense quest chains that gave people something to do and wasn't drool on your keyboard content like LFR.

    The world felt larger because flying mounts and rediculas amounts of portals to every location didn't exist giving people a reason to go out into the world. Dungeons were long crawls that many enjoyed as it made there accomplishments seem even sweeter when they obtained them (Blue gear from dungeons felt alot more epic then LFR gear even if they were blue in color but not in spirit). Some people may not like attunements but at least the developers were trying to engage the player in exploring the world with non linear questing, as opposed to the on rails questing that we have now.

    The game was based more on the world experience and RPG elements of building a character (talent points) then looking for that quick fix from a gear slot machine that is LFR.

    The game today is a game of menu's and repeating the same content over and over with little sense of progression where as in Vanilla and BC everyone felt liek they were progressing at there own pace regardless of who saw the content right when it was release (if someone hasnt seen content just because it wasnt new when they cleared it doesnt make it any less new for the player). All groups of people could run something that was tailored to them that wasn't stream lined like LFR. Heroic Dungeons , Tier 0.5, long dungeon Crawls, Karazhan for the friend/family guilds , SSC for the more hardcore etc etc.

    Now the game has de-evolved from a classic RPG dungeon crawl/build your character/explore the world , to sit in town, open a menu and queue for content or run 4 different difficulties of the EXACT SAME RAID TIER causing burning out. This is what happens when you create fast food consumed type content.

    The RPG aspect of progression in this game is Dead. Enjoy your boring epic saturated content that gives no sense of accomplish to the majority of the player base.

    Blizzard has confused players with limited time to play with being inherently bad and thus giving them boring content akin to LFR.

    Would Zelda as fun if he could kill Ganon by avoiding to hunting for pieces of the mastersword by simply farming valor for a few weeks and buying it from a merchant? People want a journey when obtaining gear and progressing there character and the current model rapes players of that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    I love this post ! Bring back the epic feelings of accomplishment and adventure!

    Sorry for all the errors , it was late and I was tired.

  15. #235
    Dreadlord Korrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    754
    You can't fix what isn't broken.
    I think the game is at the best of its lifespan.
    Doesn't matter whatever picture I post here, "Scrapbot" will allways infract me for it.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    You can't fix what isn't broken.
    I think the game is at the best of its lifespan.
    100% agree, this game is as casuel as you make it.

    If you think its easy then try getting to heroic animus for instance.
    The end game content is very challenging.

    Please lock this thread and stop complaining about WoW when its not broken at all!

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    WoW's beyond fixing...
    I agree. There are things that Blizzard could do to fix what's broken, however they don't want to do anything that would cause players to leave, which would hurt the revenue stream. At this stage, WoW is a cash cow that Blizzard wants to milk for all its worth.
    Last edited by Norjak; 2013-07-07 at 07:38 PM.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    I agree. There are things that Blizzard could do to fix what's broken, however they don't want to do anything that would cause players to leave, which would hurt the revenue stream. At this stage, WoW is a cash cow that Blizzard wants to milk for all its worth.

    They have already caused players to leave by the millions.

  19. #239
    Brewmaster Kiry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,255
    interesting to read here what the focus of the problem that needs "fixing" People have different perspectives.

    For me, 5.4 is a backstep. Introducing more avenues of raiding, introducing more of battlegrounds type weeklies, and seesaw class fixes are part of my frustrations (currently). My interest in playing next tier is waning.

    Could be the state of the game...and could be the way it is....until next xpac.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

    Its almost like, and stay with me here, because it's going to kick you in your hillbilly ass (name that quote), that the more accessible the game is, the better it does!
    Offtopic: Just got home and seen this its from Kahn off King of the Hill and for bonus points the from the episode where he makes the mega pro-pain gril while off his meds.

    "I guess I kinda cheated because I seen that episode 2 nights ago but I have seen it more times then WOW has lost subs this xpac....ZING!!!!!!!!!"

    If I get infracted for that joke then mods have no humor lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    the first 2 games were going down like crazy before going F2P.
    gw2 is a new game and its B2P only so it can only grow obviously. the other 2 are in no way comparable to wow.
    so wow is actually doing very good considering its age and its sub model.
    Please do show the sub numbers for Rift and how it was going down like crazy before the f2p change because last time I checked they only hinted at there sub numbers once and it was right after release.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-07 at 10:17 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •