Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #241
    Wow and the greatest game in classic and the TBC exp, then they watered downed everything. No matter what the noobs and casual say nothing beats leveling to 60 in 20 days played and having the gear and getting attuned in dungeons to finally have the right to do 40 man raids. The current everyone is a winner mentality is just good for the bottom feeders.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know about you, but I quit raiding 25 man in MV, did LFR till ToT, then returned to the raiding scene despite having killed Lei Shen on LFR. Let me tell you, the LFR experience isn't even close to just normal, much less heroic. I enjoy the fun challenge of raiding again with a team.

    What you're seeing is not LFR taking away from raiding but simply a game that is aging and less and less new players because, let's face it, since it's had 30,000,000+ over the last 8 years there isn't exactly a giant pool of new people to pull from. Eventually every game slowly begins a downfall.
    I'm sure I'll get infracted or banned for this, but that is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard. You are saying that the player pool for gaming isn't there? You are saying that in the past 8 years, now is the worst time for gaming? Gaming is HUGE now compared to any other time in its history. To say that "they ran out of possible players" is not even close to anything reasonable. There are tons of new gamers everyday and to think that WoW has merely run out of players is just naive.

    People aren't playing WoW for a reason, they don't enjoy it enough to pay for it. That is all there is to it. If the game was fun for those 30mil over 8 years, they'd still be playing it mostly, minus some who would have quit due to being too old etc etc. Hell, I'm 29 and I still play seriously. Not as crazy and hardcore as I used to, but still keep a raiding schedule while working. If something is good enough to you, you'll find a way to do it.

    Saying all the "it's old" or "people don't want to spend money" etc etc, it's all just crap. It takes away from what is actually causing players to leave which isn't either of those things.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    This is exactly what this thread is about. The assumption going in is that WoW needs to be "fixed" because of the alleged problem of casualization.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  4. #244
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I'm sure I'll get infracted or banned for this, but that is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard. You are saying that the player pool for gaming isn't there? You are saying that in the past 8 years, now is the worst time for gaming? Gaming is HUGE now compared to any other time in its history. To say that "they ran out of possible players" is not even close to anything reasonable. There are tons of new gamers everyday and to think that WoW has merely run out of players is just naive.

    People aren't playing WoW for a reason, they don't enjoy it enough to pay for it. That is all there is to it. If the game was fun for those 30mil over 8 years, they'd still be playing it mostly, minus some who would have quit due to being too old etc etc. Hell, I'm 29 and I still play seriously. Not as crazy and hardcore as I used to, but still keep a raiding schedule while working. If something is good enough to you, you'll find a way to do it.

    Saying all the "it's old" or "people don't want to spend money" etc etc, it's all just crap. It takes away from what is actually causing players to leave which isn't either of those things.
    Pretty much this.

    The reason gaming is so huge is because of the availability of technology now compared to 10 years ago.

  5. #245
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,056
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I'm sure I'll get infracted or banned for this, but that is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard. You are saying that the player pool for gaming isn't there? You are saying that in the past 8 years, now is the worst time for gaming? Gaming is HUGE now compared to any other time in its history. To say that "they ran out of possible players" is not even close to anything reasonable. There are tons of new gamers everyday and to think that WoW has merely run out of players is just naive.

    People aren't playing WoW for a reason, they don't enjoy it enough to pay for it. That is all there is to it. If the game was fun for those 30mil over 8 years, they'd still be playing it mostly, minus some who would have quit due to being too old etc etc. Hell, I'm 29 and I still play seriously. Not as crazy and hardcore as I used to, but still keep a raiding schedule while working. If something is good enough to you, you'll find a way to do it.

    Saying all the "it's old" or "people don't want to spend money" etc etc, it's all just crap. It takes away from what is actually causing players to leave which isn't either of those things.
    I'm saying the gaming pool for WOW specifically is shrinking. After 30m players already having played it, there are less and less people who haven't tried it at some point to join in.



  6. #246
    Bloodsail Admiral Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    You might be interested in Wildstar! Check it out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...EhnHFak#t=510s

    17 Lead and Senior Vanilla WoW ex Blizz devs work on this.
    I'm not very interested in Wildstar, seems like another hyped game like GW2 was and look how shit that game is, they can't even reward you decently for any content you do.

    The only reason I'm going ESO is I grew up to elder scrolls games and they are ALL badass, oblivion #1 yoloswag.

    I'm sure Wildstar will be an ok MMO though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sorry, but compared to MoP TBC was utter crap (gameplay / class balance wise).
    Yeah the theme was great and I still have lots of fond memories, but If wow would be like TBC today, it would be dead already.
    I disagree, but to each his own. I hate panda's with a passion, too childish for WoW imo. I think you hit the spot with "the theme was great". Some people, like me, just can't handle certain themes. Whether that makes me shallow or what idc I strongly believe TBC was a much better xpac. And are you really suggesting pvp was more unbalanced TBC than MoP with all the CC we have now>

    Gameplay is better now? Nothing has given me the awesome feeling I got after entering that huge green portal to outland and fighting space orcs. Illidan was a badass, too. Nothing has given me the epicness of defeating the lich king, WoW imo has gone to shit ever since Cata. I will say though MoP is much better than Cata, that expansion was... *sunglasses* a catastrophe.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm not very interested in Wildstar, seems like another hyped game like GW2 was and look how shit that game is, they can't even reward you decently for any content you do.
    Yeah, shit game with a rapidly growing population instead of one shrinking at a record pace like WoW.

  8. #248
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,696
    "Fixing" it would indicate that something is broken with it.
    There isn't.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  9. #249
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Yeah, shit game with a rapidly growing population instead of one shrinking at a record pace like WoW.
    Re: Wildstar and rapidly growing population

    Perhaps we should hold off on that until some time--say six years or so--has gone by. Attempting to compare the growth in a brand new title to a game that's been around for nearly a decade is a strawman argument of the highest order.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  10. #250
    Bloodsail Admiral Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Yeah, shit game with a rapidly growing population instead of one shrinking at a record pace like WoW.
    I hope you're joking lol. The only time GW2 gets a decent population is when they announce their newest monthly 1hour worth of content update and everyone logs in for a day then logs right the fuck back out to go back to bigger and better games. It's the truth, I've been playing since beta and there is literally nothing to do but grind the same old shit 24/7, no end game, no nothing.

    Pvp is shit boring, horribly unbalanced and only has ONE, yes ONE mode which is conquest and it fucking SUCKS. WvW is just mass zergs which is fun for about 15 minutes, enjoy not having mounts if you die and have to run for an hour to get back into the fight. Keep in mind I've played GW1 for 7 years and am 50.50 HoM but there is no denying GW2 is garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I hope you're joking lol. The only time GW2 gets a decent population is when they announce their newest monthly 1hour worth of content update and everyone logs in for a day then logs right the fuck back out to go back to bigger and better games. It's the truth, I've been playing since beta and there is literally nothing to do but grind the same old shit 24/7, no end game, no nothing.

    Pvp is shit boring, horribly unbalanced and only has ONE, yes ONE mode which is conquest and it fucking SUCKS. WvW is just mass zergs which is fun for about 15 minutes, enjoy not having mounts if you die and have to run for an hour to get back into the fight. Keep in mind I've played GW1 for 7 years and am 50.50 HoM but there is no denying GW2 is garbage.
    Funny, GW1 is total crap in a lot of people's eyes because it isn't even an MMO.

  12. #252
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Posts
    1,990
    I know how to fix it, first blizz needs to troll the boards on their site and here, and try to find the link between your and other whiners threads, then they ban. Problem solved, wow is fixed.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I hope you're joking lol. The only time GW2 gets a decent population is when they announce their newest monthly 1hour worth of content update and everyone logs in for a day then logs right the fuck back out to go back to bigger and better games. It's the truth, I've been playing since beta and there is literally nothing to do but grind the same old shit 24/7, no end game, no nothing.

    Pvp is shit boring, horribly unbalanced and only has ONE, yes ONE mode which is conquest and it fucking SUCKS. WvW is just mass zergs which is fun for about 15 minutes, enjoy not having mounts if you die and have to run for an hour to get back into the fight. Keep in mind I've played GW1 for 7 years and am 50.50 HoM but there is no denying GW2 is garbage.
    You'r opinion of GW2 being shit is not a fact its just that a opinion.

    I personally enjoyed GW2 besides the endgame dungeons they where fun but a mess at the time I did them "at launch" so that mite have even changed.

    Also as for your opinion about pvp its well more blanced then world of warcraft's pvp by far and WvWvW can be fun if you get a group together and do it and not just randomly jump in. Yes GW2 has some problems any new game dose and the game is only about 1 year old but here is the BIG ASS DIFFERENCE Gw2 is a B2p game and WoW is a P2p game.

    Also as for your comment about GW2's pop that is a lie it has been growing in size since release and most servers are even sitting at high or max for pop. Also don't try to pull that they lowered pop size so it says high bullshit.

    And finally this is about WOW so lets keep it about WOW.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-08 at 06:52 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  14. #254
    Depends what you think is broken.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblez View Post
    Raiding is not all of WoW, first of all. Second, the raids are relatively just as hard, considering the tools we had and the way the game worked. When was the last time you bandaged during a raid encounter?
    Unfortunately the inaccuracy of this statement is the heart of the problem. I wish I could agree with you and say that there's more to WoW than raiding, but Blizzard has worked pretty hard to make the game all about raiding. Between the heirlooms, the guild buffs, and the rested experience, new players are rushed through the start of the game at unparalleled speeds. Upon hitting level cap players have about two weeks' worth of content to keep them occupied: scenarios, dailies, and "heroic" dungeons. Unfortunately this stuff isn't really compelling enough to repeat so where do players turn next? They have three choices: LFR, Normal raids, and Heroic raids. In other words, they can raid, they can raid, or they can raid.

    That, in my opinion, is what is broken with WoW. Contrary to what is commonly stated on these boards, Blizzard is not making content "easier" to cater to casuals. They're sucking the enjoyment out of everything that is not raiding to "force" players to raid. The only reason we have LFR is that there's nothing else for casuals to do. Despite claims to the contrary, most casuals didn't ask to be given raid content; raid content was forced on them. Take LFR away and what are they left with? Nothing.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?

    Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    Crisis?....

    And if they are so focused only on accessibility, explain why the latest raids are tuned better and more difficult.

    I swear, I think people create these threads for attention. No way can someone truly be so misinformed when they are on the forums to begin with.
    Static - US Arthas | Currently 13/13 HM | Art by ElyPop

  17. #257
    WoW Isn't really broken. But to "fix" it // Make it ALOT better (only PvE PoV):

    Remove LFR ("exclusive" content isnt bad, besides it isn't exclusive. Just put some time into the game).
    Remove the way VP Works (dont have them award epics... only Heroic lvl blues, end boss can have low chance for epics as it is now)
    As we dont have VP to free gear us, faction grinding is back! Exalted should award Epics (this still excists, but it should be the main source for first epics when you level).
    Make longer quest lines reward epics (as a sub way for gearing).
    Fix legendaries (Ridicolous that 50%+ of PvErs gets legendaries). Imo you should have it Molten Core / Thunderfury style, where you need to get the rare drop and then do a epic quest line. Not just a drop or a quest line.

    Only raiders/people who put time and effort into the game should be epic geared.

    My 0.02$

  18. #258
    Herald of the Titans Snes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    A million other threads of this nature. Go find them and post your biased, unprofessional, and narrow-scope opinions there.
    People on the other end of the spectrum (let's call them "apologists") are just as biased and annoying.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Only raiders/people who put time and effort into the game should be epic geared.
    Why should raiders be geared? What makes raiding so special that it deserves better gear? I've known many raiders who don't put any time or effort into it. They just show up, do what they're told, and collect their loot. How does that merit special gear?

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    I love these turds crying about how "casuals ruined wow"
    MFW the REAL hardcore players never bitch its just some dipshit who thinks he should be fucking special and he isn't I never knew they made horses this high now a days
    Agreed. I consider myself hardcore since I'm top 50 and you would have to be extremely inexperienced in both the genre and the game to complain one ounce about the state of WoW and MOP. Let alone caring that casuals are getting some love.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Why should raiders be geared? What makes raiding so special that it deserves better gear? I've known many raiders who don't put any time or effort into it. They just show up, do what they're told, and collect their loot. How does that merit special gear?
    Because raiders should get raiding gear. Why should you get special gear for doing less? People need to understand that gear is for PROGRESSION. If you aren't trying to PROGRESS, then you should have no need or want for gear. I don't know what about this is so hard to grasp.

    Also, if you think raids that ARE progressing are doing nothing but showing up and "what they're told", then I question your ability to form an opinion on anything in this thread.
    Static - US Arthas | Currently 13/13 HM | Art by ElyPop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •