Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh hey another one of these threads which should be entitled "I am one of the 8 million+ who have a different opinion of what's wrong with Blizzard/WoW".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Maybe your opinion is the narrow and biased?

If these threads keep popping up as you say maybe there is something very wrong with the game and it's current direction that is pissing alot of people off.
    These threads have been popping up since WoW first existed. It's nothing new.

Nice try, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

OP, you and everyone who thinks like you should do everyone, especially yourselves, a favor and quit the game and get on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account

If these threads keep popping up as you say maybe there is something very wrong with the game and it's current direction that is pissing alot of people off.
    1% of the playerbase persistently making threads means there has to be something wrong with the game?

I love this logic.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    The question, as posed, is classic lawyerspeak. It is akin to the gotcha question..."do you still beat your wife?".

If one answers yes then they admit wow is broken...if one answers no they admit wow is broken.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bertha, grab me shotgun.

As people are more likely to create threads to complain about something rather than point out how much they like it, relying only on what type of thread is created as a means of determining whether or not something is very wrong with the game would be biased.

500 WoW players made a thread, 11,999,500 did not. Its an opinion, opinions aren't fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by "fixing" you mean "catering to your personal whims" then no.

If by fixing you mean catering to the majority of the playerbase, then I'd say they are doing a good job already and working on improving that every day.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Unskilled players become very offended when their idea of "challenging" is referred to as "easy". It is usually indicated by attacks on the poster's job, education, and experience within the given game. However, it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the game has intentionally been made "more accessable". That being repeated time and again in official Blizzard posts cannot be refuted. At the last earnings report, Blizzard reps commented that there has been "less engagement by casuals", which goes against the hopes that their net subscription numbers could be boosted by appealing to the casual crowd. Likewise we can clearly see the subscription numbers change as this design philosophy of "more accessable" has been implemented more and more over time. There is also an interview with a League of Legends developer relevant to all this. Ultimately it's as OzoAndIndi said, it's their product and they seem to think it's working just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If by "fixing" you mean "catering to your personal whims" then no.

If by fixing you mean catering to the majority of the playerbase, then I'd say they are doing a good job already and working on improving that every day.
    You sound like a Blizzard representative.

Oh and...

MONEY MONEY MONEY ... translated ... Nope. Have you seen those new awesome mounts at the Blizzard online store!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why should they fix what isn't broken in the eyes of a majority of those who play the game? Only the "hardcore" players tend to think it is broken. Who do you think Blizzard will listen to more, the minority of "hardcore" players, or the vast majority of casual players?
    But why, this is exactly the problem we are facing. Blizzard games used to have a majority of hardcore players 10 - 15 years ago but after the hardcore gamer became a minority compared to the vast number of casual players they are merely admitted a niche in Blizzard's games today. While this is all nice and sound from a company's point of view the hardcore players, who essentially helped Blizzard become what they are today, are more and more neglected and tend to complain in turn. That in itself is futile, but it doesn't mean there's no sad story behind it, and that Blizzard is essentially on the right track.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-07-07 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    You sound like a Blizzard representative.
    I sound like a poster on a fansite who recognises how completely unrealistic it is to expect Blizzard build the game around the demands of a tiny portion of the playerbase.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why should they fix what isn't broken
    they are losing 20-25% of the players with every new expansion. How is that not broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Hardmodes are more difficult today than they've ever been.
    This answer is pretty subjective. What's the basis of your argument? Fight mechanics, I assume? Because one could also argue that raids were more difficult simply because it's reasonable to assume that coordinating 40 people for a fight is harder than 25 or 10. Additionally, you are really comparing 12 oranges with 5 apples, and two carrots, since you aren't considering all of the variables, e.g., raid dps, raid hps, dmg mitigation, raid health pool, etc. compared to overall raid damage received, boss hp, etc. In sum, fire on the ground, or pressing an additional "fight-button" on the UI, are not enough to support what you are claiming.

It's funny, the people that cry out - with the generalized comment - "oh, look it's a minority/special snowflake that hates casuals, and they are stating their opinion again...", are just as vulnerable to the own logic and argument. What funnier is when said comments are followed with, "go post in the other 1-million threads that hate casuals."
    Last edited by painweaver; 2013-07-07 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    they are losing 20-25% of the players with every new expansion. How is that not broken?
    They lost 30 millions players between vanilla-Wrath/Cata. Something must have been broken for them right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    A vast majority of those that they are losing have been from the Asian area where they have a vastly larger selection of games to play and usually go with the ones they like at the moment. That could change in a moments notice as well. Of the almost 4 million accounts lost, about 75% of those were from China, where they do not even pay for anything beyond the initial game as expansions are free for them, and they have a vastly different subscription type. When they don't put as much into a game, they do not have as much cause to remain faithful to that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They lost 30 millions players between vanilla-Wrath/Cata. Something must have been broken for them right?
    They only had 12million active subscriptions at the peak so where are you getting this 30 million from?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I just logged in and it worked for me

:P

or people don't know how to use the search function, yakno?

Deleted
    Oh look another Troll thread!!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-07 at 01:41 AM.

Weee! Another topic covering something that has no point. To say it is getting old is an understatement at best.

OP - Game is not broke. Kindly stop creating a new post because your vag is a bit sore. I am sure there are plenty of posts one can necro concerning this very same topic.