Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I hope you're joking lol. The only time GW2 gets a decent population is when they announce their newest monthly 1hour worth of content update and everyone logs in for a day then logs right the fuck back out to go back to bigger and better games. It's the truth, I've been playing since beta and there is literally nothing to do but grind the same old shit 24/7, no end game, no nothing.

Pvp is shit boring, horribly unbalanced and only has ONE, yes ONE mode which is conquest and it fucking SUCKS. WvW is just mass zergs which is fun for about 15 minutes, enjoy not having mounts if you die and have to run for an hour to get back into the fight. Keep in mind I've played GW1 for 7 years and am 50.50 HoM but there is no denying GW2 is garbage.
    You'r opinion of GW2 being shit is not a fact its just that a opinion.

I personally enjoyed GW2 besides the endgame dungeons they where fun but a mess at the time I did them "at launch" so that mite have even changed.

Also as for your opinion about pvp its well more blanced then world of warcraft's pvp by far and WvWvW can be fun if you get a group together and do it and not just randomly jump in. Yes GW2 has some problems any new game dose and the game is only about 1 year old but here is the BIG ASS DIFFERENCE Gw2 is a B2p game and WoW is a P2p game.

Also as for your comment about GW2's pop that is a lie it has been growing in size since release and most servers are even sitting at high or max for pop. Also don't try to pull that they lowered pop size so it says high bullshit.

And finally this is about WOW so lets keep it about WOW.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-08 at 06:52 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Depends what you think is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumblez View Post
    Raiding is not all of WoW, first of all. Second, the raids are relatively just as hard, considering the tools we had and the way the game worked. When was the last time you bandaged during a raid encounter?
    Unfortunately the inaccuracy of this statement is the heart of the problem. I wish I could agree with you and say that there's more to WoW than raiding, but Blizzard has worked pretty hard to make the game all about raiding. Between the heirlooms, the guild buffs, and the rested experience, new players are rushed through the start of the game at unparalleled speeds. Upon hitting level cap players have about two weeks' worth of content to keep them occupied: scenarios, dailies, and "heroic" dungeons. Unfortunately this stuff isn't really compelling enough to repeat so where do players turn next? They have three choices: LFR, Normal raids, and Heroic raids. In other words, they can raid, they can raid, or they can raid.

That, in my opinion, is what is broken with WoW. Contrary to what is commonly stated on these boards, Blizzard is not making content "easier" to cater to casuals. They're sucking the enjoyment out of everything that is not raiding to "force" players to raid. The only reason we have LFR is that there's nothing else for casuals to do. Despite claims to the contrary, most casuals didn't ask to be given raid content; raid content was forced on them. Take LFR away and what are they left with? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?

Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    Crisis?....

And if they are so focused only on accessibility, explain why the latest raids are tuned better and more difficult.

I swear, I think people create these threads for attention. No way can someone truly be so misinformed when they are on the forums to begin with.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

WoW Isn't really broken. But to "fix" it // Make it ALOT better (only PvE PoV):

Remove LFR ("exclusive" content isnt bad, besides it isn't exclusive. Just put some time into the game).
    Remove the way VP Works (dont have them award epics... only Heroic lvl blues, end boss can have low chance for epics as it is now)
    As we dont have VP to free gear us, faction grinding is back! Exalted should award Epics (this still excists, but it should be the main source for first epics when you level).
    Make longer quest lines reward epics (as a sub way for gearing).
    Fix legendaries (Ridicolous that 50%+ of PvErs gets legendaries). Imo you should have it Molten Core / Thunderfury style, where you need to get the rare drop and then do a epic quest line. Not just a drop or a quest line.

Only raiders/people who put time and effort into the game should be epic geared.

My 0.02$

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    A million other threads of this nature. Go find them and post your biased, unprofessional, and narrow-scope opinions there.
    People on the other end of the spectrum (let's call them "apologists") are just as biased and annoying.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Only raiders/people who put time and effort into the game should be epic geared.
    Why should raiders be geared? What makes raiding so special that it deserves better gear? I've known many raiders who don't put any time or effort into it. They just show up, do what they're told, and collect their loot. How does that merit special gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    I love these turds crying about how "casuals ruined wow"
    MFW the REAL hardcore players never bitch its just some dipshit who thinks he should be fucking special and he isn't I never knew they made horses this high now a days
    Agreed. I consider myself hardcore since I'm top 50 and you would have to be extremely inexperienced in both the genre and the game to complain one ounce about the state of WoW and MOP. Let alone caring that casuals are getting some love.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Why should raiders be geared? What makes raiding so special that it deserves better gear? I've known many raiders who don't put any time or effort into it. They just show up, do what they're told, and collect their loot. How does that merit special gear?
    Because raiders should get raiding gear. Why should you get special gear for doing less? People need to understand that gear is for PROGRESSION. If you aren't trying to PROGRESS, then you should have no need or want for gear. I don't know what about this is so hard to grasp.

Also, if you think raids that ARE progressing are doing nothing but showing up and "what they're told", then I question your ability to form an opinion on anything in this thread.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the first step on the road to recovery would be to return to the player base back to actual gamers and not whiny consumers however given the deeply entrenched selfish desires coupled with the not so subtle digital segregation that the vocal minority hastily seek, I don't see this happening I'm afraid.

I don't think they can stop the decline in subs no matter what they do. As for the "fixing", I think the game's pretty tight at the moment, they've fixed many issues into what I consider satisfactory and in some occasions entertaining.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Because raiders should get raiding gear. Why should you get special gear for doing less? People need to understand that gear is for PROGRESSION. If you aren't trying to PROGRESS, then you should have no need or want for gear. I don't know what about this is so hard to grasp.
    My point is that raiders don't necessarily do more. And why should progression be limited to raiding? Why can't 5-man groups get some form of progression? Why is progression limited to groups of 10 or more? Besides I've never bought the argument that gear is only for PROGRESSION. If that were the case, why does Absalom on Illidan, a member of Blood Legion (the #1 US guild), have 12 Ra-den kills under his belt? I mean, he finished the game and isn't progressing anymore. Shouldn't he stop getting gear then? Why would he keep going back into the raid if not for gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Also, if you think raids that ARE progressing are doing nothing but showing up and "what they're told", then I question your ability to form an opinion on anything in this thread.
    I didn't say that progression raids are doing nothing but showing up and "what they're told." I said that many progression raiders do that. On low progression servers you have no choice but to carry these people with you because the other option is to not raid at all. I've carried many raiders to heroic T13 gear, and I've been carried to T14 gear. I was kind of sad that I had been busting my butt for weeks to acquire 463 gear from heroic dungeons and 476 gear from LFR only to be handed three 480+ pieces on my first raid. That's just not fair, and it's not "rewarding" players for doing more. It's rewarding them for participating in raids. You missed my point, which is that participating in a raid does not merit special gear. That's a conclusion I arrived at from personal experience.

The only way I can see them 'fixing' the situation is if they used mind control pills or a nostalgia ray to make people believe it's 2004 again.

no, gave up last week and cancelled my sub. 5.4 changelog sucks balls (except virtual realms)

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    People on the other end of the spectrum (let's call them "apologists") are just as biased and annoying.
    Or how about this? Let's call them "people with a different opinion than my own".