Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4 Glyph Monk Ideas

Minor Glyph:
    Glyph of the Red Crane
    You Spinning Crane Kick now burns crimson like the Red Crane Chi-Ji

Minor Glyph:
    Contemplation:
    Whenever you /sleep you enter a Zen state of being.
    (Effect similar to Aysa Cloudsinger meditation in Stormwind.)

Minor Glyph:
    Exhibition:
    Whenever you /flex you show all the styles of Pandaren Martial arts.
    (Effect is simply jabbing in place while your stances switch from Stance of the Fierce Tiger, Wise Serpent to Study Ox)

Minor Glyph:
    Spiritual Projection:
    Your Storm, Earth and Fire spell can now be activated without a target, however once a second spirit is summoned your damage will be reduced as intended.

Minor Glyph:
    Spirit Guide:
    When activated you bring your source of transportation into the spirit realm.
    (Effect you mount now has one of the three auras given by Storm, Earth and Fire)

Minor Glyph:
    Strange Brew:
    Healing Spheres generated by Gift of the Ox will be Bright Pink elephants

Minor Glyph:
    Double Vision:
    Whenever your Shuffle is activated there hazy afterimage will appear beside your stumbling left and right.

Major Glyph:
    Avert Harm
    Avert Harm can be cast on any party member within 40 yds and 20% of all damage party and raid members within 10 yards take to be re-directed to you. Lasts for 6 sec.

Simple Requests:
    The 3000 Mastery “Enlightenment” buff from the Peak of Serenity daily should be 24 hours long. It would give monks a reason to train daily as a part of their character development and it only takes 2 minutes out of their day. 48 hours if you do not allow the buff to fall off.

Along those same lines I think all classes need a daily training quest giving a 24 hour buff. Warriors fighting in a pit, rogues doing spywork, Priest mending the sick etc. It would give each class their identity back by refining these skills each day through practice not purple epics.

I was bored so I made some up. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Simple Requests:
    The 3000 Mastery “Enlightenment” buff from the Peak of Serenity daily should be 24 hours long. It would give monks a reason to train daily as a part of their character development and it only takes 2 minutes out of their day. 48 hours if you do not allow the buff to fall off.

Along those same lines I think all classes need a daily training quest giving a 24 hour buff. Warriors fighting in a pit, rogues doing spywork, Priest mending the sick etc. It would give each class their identity back by refining these skills each day through practice not purple epics.

I was bored so I made some up. What do you think?
    Wouldn't this become quasi-mandatory then for all classes? To do a daily?

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Wouldn't this become quasi-mandatory then for all classes? To do a daily?
    If you could get a free 3000 Mastery for just 2 minutes of your time wouldn't you? Also think of the immersion of thousands of soliders maximizing their potential while being informed of how to use useful interupts, CCs and CDs.

It would give more substance to rogues to train at ravenholt manor as part of a thieves/assassins guild. Paladins a templar order, Warlocks a place in the Council of the Black Harvest, Hunters a membership in Nessingwary's Camp etc. Just making the original classes of Warcraft just as powerful as the "Heroes" in Azeroth by learning from the best and perfecting their art as monks do.

Just a suggestion mind you.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-07-07 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One glyph I'd really like to see is a minor for BrM Xuen to prevent taunting, as there are some occasions where this would be highly useful.
    Or hell.. perhaps giving us a controllable version so we can actually move the pet's target when we want to.

If you could get a free 3000 Mastery for just 2 minutes of your time wouldn't you? Also think of the immersion of thousands of soliders maximizing their potential while being informed of how to use useful interupts, CCs and CDs.
    Yes, but if it becomes something that's quasi-mandatory I do not think that would be a good thing. We have enough stuff that we need to do to prepare for whatever we do... there shouldn't be a daily to raid or do arenas or whatever you like to do, no matter how long it takes.

Flavor is important, but if it becomes something more than that, it loses its shine and becomes something you grow to hate over time.

Not to say I wouldn't mind monk-style dailies for the other classes... but I'd prefer it to be more like how it is today, rather than something you've gotta do every day or else you lose your competitive edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulor View Post
    One glyph I'd really like to see is a minor for BrM Xuen to prevent taunting, as there are some occasions where this would be highly useful.
    Or hell.. perhaps giving us a controllable version so we can actually move the pet's target when we want to.
    ^^^

Ever had your xuen stay on a Humming Crystal accidentally?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azulor View Post
    I would pay thousands of gold for this glyph from whoever was the first to learn it without batting an eye.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The 3000 mastery buff doesn't stack with raid buffs. It would never be mandatory. The major reason not to give the quests to all classes is because it would require substantial development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    The 3000 mastery buff doesn't stack with raid buffs. It would never be mandatory. The major reason not to give the quests to all classes is because it would require substantial development time.
    And if you don't have a shaman, paladin, or hunter in your group comp it would be. That's the point: it shouldn't be anything other than something you can grab for a little while, not something to replace a body to maximize throughput.

I love the Red Crane and Contemplation! The rest don't make sense to me.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

10+ Year Old Account
    would pay so much for double vision

and strange brew

and spirit guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

The biggest Glyph I would love to see for my BrM monk is a Glyph that forces Chi Wave to only heal you and no one else. Can't tell you how many times I pop Chi Wave cuz I need some healing that I am not getting only to have my Chi Wave only bounce to people who are not me. Very annoying.

And if you don't have a shaman, paladin, or hunter in your group comp it would be. That's the point: it shouldn't be anything other than something you can grab for a little while, not something to replace a body to maximize throughput.
    If someone is replacing a DPS solely because on the first try of a given day you can get their buff from a quest... well maybe the buff is not the reason.

I really like the Red Crane, Double Vision and Exhibition glyph ideas!

Major Glyph:
    Celestial Guardian: Xuen summoned by your Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger is now considered a pet under your control, and does not have a limited duration but now does X% less damage.
    (Put X cause dont know how his numbers would needed to be toned down)

Minor Glyph:
    Phantom Brew:When under the effects of Elusive Brew you gain a translucent appearance.
    (Similar to Evasion for Rogues)

Minor Glyph:
    Fury of the Red Crane: Your Fists of Fury now have a fiery effect.
    (Like Monk boss in Scarlet Cath)

Minor Glyph;
    Drunken Haze: Targets effected by your Dizzying Haze now have Ale Bubble floating around there head.
    (Kinda like the Alementals in Stormstout Brewery)

Quote Originally Posted by gor3howl View Post
    Minor Glyph;
    Drunken Haze: Targets effected by your Dizzying Haze now have Ale Bubble floating around there head.
    (Kinda like the Alementals in Stormstout Brewery)
    This already happens. Noticed when i went to solo FL, on Ryolith. Smash a foot and see the bubbles XD

Minor Glyph:
    Glyph of Unhindered Attacks
    You now use your equipped Weapon(s) while auto-attacking.

Made a post in the monk forums regarding this (like any blue reads the class forums anyways, too busy making jokes in general discussion):

You will always attack with hands and fist with jab, even with non-fist weapons equipped. Also causes you to sheathe your weapons normally.

Theres a ton of other cosmetic glyphs I'd love to have for my monk, but I think I want this one more than any other.

Glyph of Unbound Fury (Major) - Your Fists of Fury can now be used while moving[, but can no longer stun enemies].

Glyph of Instant Karma (Major) - Your Touch of Karma ability redirects damage instantly rather than over time, but its duration is reduced by 30%.

Glyph of Battle Readiness (Minor) - Permanently sheathes your fist weapons and places your weapons on your hip rather than on your back.

Glyph of Impact (Major) - When you Roll over enemies in your path, they are knocked down for 2 sec.

Glyph of Zen Presence (Major) - Removes the limit of redirected spells and causes your Zen Meditation to now redirect 30% of damage taken by your group and raid members to you, but no longer redirects targeted spells.

Glyph of Transcended Freedom (Major) - When you use Transcendence: Transfer, all movement impairing effects are removed from you.

Glyph of Path of Blossoms (Minor) - Teaches you the ability Path of Blossoms. When activated, you leave a path of blossoms in your wake. Each blossom lasts for 15 sec.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2013-07-07 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post

Glyph of Impact (Major) - When you Roll over enemies in your path, they are knocked down for 2 sec.
    Impressive, but try this on for size

Glyph of Fatality (Major) - When you successfully cast Touch of Death the Target's corpse Explodes

Yes, but if it becomes something that's quasi-mandatory I do not think that would be a good thing. We have enough stuff that we need to do to prepare for whatever we do... there shouldn't be a daily to raid or do arenas or whatever you like to do, no matter how long it takes.

Flavor is important, but if it becomes something more than that, it loses its shine and becomes something you grow to hate over time.

Not to say I wouldn't mind monk-style dailies for the other classes... but I'd prefer it to be more like how it is today, rather than something you've gotta do every day or else you lose your competitive edge.
    if it's easy and fast, I don't see why not do it. pre-pot, flasking, enchanting, reforging, all those things are mandatory, but they add flavor to the game.

having to train once a day to remain sharp would add a lot more flavor than flasking, IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Impressive, but try this on for size

Glyph of Fatality (Major) - When you successfully cast Touch of Death the Target's corpse Explodes
    that's a brutality
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.