Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do hunters get so many anti-Rogue abilities?

IE. Hunter's Mark, Flare, Camo, Murder of Crows, Stealth Detection etc. It's hard to understand why one class gets so many abilities that serve no purpose other than to counter Rogues. I don't even see how you could argue that it's balanced as the majority of those abilities don't affect anyone else.

What about druids?

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    IE. Hunter's Mark, Flare, Camo, Murder of Crows, Stealth Detection etc. It's hard to understand why one class gets so many abilities that serve no purpose other than to counter Rogues. I don't even see how you could argue that it's balanced as the majority of those abilities don't affect anyone else.
    From this list only Flare and Stealth Detection could be considered "anti-rogue" abilities... let alone that Druids are affected in the same way.
    Camo? Really?
    I sense that someone got his ass kicked by a hunter and ofcourse had to rush to the forum to do some whining.
    Last edited by Shaktard; 2013-07-07 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When stealth was rogue-exclusive, they was. Now they don't. Rogues still has cloak to deal with them (all these tools), while, for example druids, hunters, night elves, mages, and others
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    From this list only Flare and Stealth Detection could be considered "anti-rogue" abilities... let alone that Druids are affected in the same way.
    Camo? Really?
    I sense that someone got his ass kicked by a hunter and ofcourse had to rush to the forum to do some whining.
    All of those abilities greatly effect Rogue more than any other class, and yes, Camo is very anti-Rogue because we basically can't attack you while you sit on a flare and pull us out of stealth. Any non-stealth class could care less about it.

As far as getting my ass kicked by a Hunter, you are arguably the most OP class ATM but I'm ironically playing with a Hunter and rely on his OPness as the foundation for our comp.

In the end it simply does not make sense to give one class so many abilities that only punish Rogues, and not give Rogues something anti-hunter to balance the playing field. When disarm worked on Deterrence it felt much more even, but Hunters cried that it wasn't fair for a Rogue to be able to shut down one of their main abilities and the same pplies here but in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    When stealth was rogue-exclusive, they was. Now they don't. Rogues still has cloak to deal with them (all these tools), while, for example druids, hunters, night elves, mages, and others

Cloak actually doesn't help with Hunters at all. Nothing like sitting in an 8 second root that Cloak of Shadows doesn't break, but not being able to vanish out of it because you're also sitting on top of a flare getting 100-0'd by an OP BM Hunter who just popped stampede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak actually doesn't help with Hunters at all. Nothing like sitting in an 8 second root that Cloak of Shadows doesn't break, but not being able to vanish out of it because you're also sitting on top of a flare getting 100-0'd by an OP BM Hunter who just popped stampede.
    Evasion works good when you are rooted and sit in flare and you get stomped by pets. I mean, it's not a arms warrior so you won't bleed out from overpowers after it.
    Honestly, a friend of mine streamed a random BG footage where he didn't had an Evasion on his action bars or binded to anything. I've seen so much rogues who ate full damage from ret paladins even without stun, it's horrible to see.
    I guess you are just underpeforming and got angry because hunter killed you on BG =\
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-07 at 06:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Hunters were always meant to be the natural counter to Rogues, just like you are the natural counter to less mobile casters (Locks, SPriests, Boomkins, Eles) while those tend to destroy Hunters easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those abilities greatly effect Rogue more than any other class, and yes, Camo is very anti-Rogue because we basically can't attack you while you sit on a flare and pull us out of stealth. Any non-stealth class could care less about it.

As far as getting my ass kicked by a Hunter, you are arguably the most OP class ATM but I'm ironically playing with a Hunter and rely on his OPness as the foundation for our comp.

In the end it simply does not make sense to give one class so many abilities that only punish Rogues, and not give Rogues something anti-hunter to balance the playing field. When disarm worked on Deterrence it felt much more even, but Hunters cried that it wasn't fair for a Rogue to be able to shut down one of their main abilities and the same pplies here but in reverse.

People like you are why hunters keep getting nerfed even though we're not nearly as OP as everyone lets on. Perhaps you aren't playing right and the hunter is better? Of course that's impossible, because I'm sure you're a fantastic player. Hunters are powerful NOT OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real ability I have problems with is murder of crows because you simply can't get rid of it whatever you do, the rest of those abilities you mentioned are annoying but you can work yourself around that. Flare can be avoided, mark can get cloaked/vanished, detect stealth is useless from behind, etc...

Hunters have always had anti-rogue abilities, just as rogues have anti-hunter tools (not as many, but they're the only class that disarms traps)
    it's been a rivalry for years. Oh, and slightly off topic, @ some of the people in this thread, yeah keep thinking stampede does more damage than a corruption dot after the recent change, and waste your defensives on it, i love free wins

Then maybe you should approach from behind or even better... wait until the flare runs out? Yea i know, using common sense can be hard sometimes.
    Also, any "non-stealth class" has the exact same problems with Camo. You know... the whole "not targetable at range" thing doesn't only apply to rogues.

I absolutely LOVE how you assume that i'm/my main is a rogue because i contradicted your views. Confirmation bias much?

Disarm against Deterrence was nerfed because Deterrence is the only real defensive spell a Hunter has. Deal with it.

TL;DR: stop whining and learn to play.

Cloak actually doesn't help with Hunters at all. Nothing like sitting in an 8 second root that Cloak of Shadows doesn't break, but not being able to vanish out of it because you're also sitting on top of a flare getting 100-0'd by an OP BM Hunter who just popped stampede.[/QUOTE]

Glyphed cloak reduces physical damage by 40%. I'd say having a shield wall for hunters on a 1 minute CD is absolutely astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Camo? Really?
    The lulzors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Glyphed cloak reduces physical damage by 40%. I'd say having a shield wall for hunters on a 1 minute CD is absolutely astounding.
    you are right 5 seconds of 40% reduced damage is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Evasion works good when you are rooted and sit in flare and you get stomped by pets. I mean, it's not a arms warrior so you won't bleed out from overpowers after it.
    Honestly, a friend of mine streamed a random BG footage where he didn't had an Evasion on his action bars or binded to anything. I've seen so much rogues who ate full damage from ret paladins even without stun, it's horrible to see.
    I guess you are just underpeforming and got angry because hunter killed you on BG =\
    BG? Dude, I only do BGs in OQeueu premades where I regularly go 35-0, and haven't lost a game in months because of this. I'm talking about actual competitive PVP. I'm the type of guy who sits down and queues for Arenas for 12 hours straight at a time, and have been doing this solely as a Rogue for many years now.

Unfortunately Evasion does not work while rooted: "Won't let you dodge attacks made from behind, and does not work at all when you're stunned. Choose the right moment to use it, as most melee classes can counter it with non-melee-based attacks: paladins can stun you with Hammer of Justice, druids can root you with Entangling Roots, rogues can use Blind, etc. At high levels you can benefit from either [Cloak of Shadows]."

This is basically common knowledge to any non-scrub Rogue. If I don't trinket the root, I almost assuredly get 100-0'd, and if I do trinket the root I then get stunned by FoJ, Asphyxiate, Shockwave etc. and 100-0'd. It's a fairly game breaking ability, and one that is only affective against my class which is why it is so game breaking and completely unnecessary.

BG? I'm the type of guy who sits down and queues for Arenas for 12 hours straight at a time
    There's your sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Ok just show us where the bad hunter touched you.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Because in Lore terms, Rogues are the masters of Stealth, of covering their tracks, remaining untraceable and hidden. Hunters however find those tracks, they reveal what is hidden in the shadows, the look for the enemy lurking in the bushes, the tiger in the tree!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Because in Lore terms, Rogues are the masters of Stealth, of covering their tracks, remaining untraceable and hidden. Hunters however find those tracks, they reveal what is hidden in the shadows, the look for the enemy lurking in the bushes, the tiger in the tree!
    That's a good point. I think lore should always dictate game balance. Since I'm an assassin I should be able to poison the enemy team's mage food and watch them unknowingly commit suicide anytime they run behind a pillar to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    People like you are why hunters keep getting nerfed even though we're not nearly as OP as everyone lets on. Perhaps you aren't playing right and the hunter is better? Of course that's impossible, because I'm sure you're a fantastic player. Hunters are powerful NOT OP.
    Hunters are stronger then ever, with double trinket from beast within... ITS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get a kill on a decent played hunter in 3s.
    Even doing almost full dmg in detterence is just meh... "Sap healer - go hunter - flare - dance - stun - beastwithin"... I tend to swap to hunter (as a rogue) after they have used beast within because most hunters use double dps trinkets... That points out a major problem already there, a class that doesnt need pvp trinket in arena, like locks / hunters / dk's... ITS JUST dumb. Doing crazy dmg from LOS is also lol. I got a hunter myself, played for a long time. Havent touched it since BM became the new FOTM spec. Hunters wont be "fair" until MM or Surv is the viable spec again.
    And yeah Ele fucking hurts on hunters, but buffing Class B because class A is overpowered is just a lame suggestion...
    Fact of the matter is this game is dumbed down severely, because of a desperate attempt to get more subscribers or similiar.
    Some classes is op, some neutral some UP... that will never change.
    And yeah hunters always countered rogues pretty much, like rogues counter ele's so easily.
    You virtually have to play perfect as a rogue to win over a hunter in 1v1. Stun / disarm / gouge disengages. Lockdown freedom. Stuff like that. and btw Stampede root flare > evasion / feint.