Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd very much like to see Grommash Hellscream resurrected.
    *But i'd like to see him resurrected after the events of SoO, so he doesn't have to see his son "legacy".*
    The look on his face, when he sees his son, and sees how his son has followed in his footsteps in making mistakes except his son has no salvation he's a lost cause.
    That look would be absolutely heartbreaking.

Edited original post - Typed on phone ended up missing a sentence.
    Last edited by Verux; 2013-07-09 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verux View Post
    I'd very much like to see Grommash Hellscream resurrected!
    The look on his face, when he sees his son, and sees how his son has followed in his footsteps in making mistakes except his son has no salvation he's a lost cause.
    That look would be absolutely heartbreaking.
    So you want to see grom raised from the dead so he can suffer that misery, but also suffer the misery of seeing his son become something worse then he did, and never learn from the past.
    thats a pretty cruel thing to play on a character. Grom paid for all his mistakes with his life, and even did some good for his kind in that sacrifice, leave the guy to rest.
    #boycottchina

I am torn between three choices. Illidan Stormrage, Kael'thas Sunstrider, and Arthas Menethil. I think that they all deserve to be brought back to life somehow.

Now, if I had to pick just one, my choice would be Arthas. The main reason i want Illidan and Kael'thas to be brought back is due to the awful way they were handled in World of WarCraft. Twisted without good explanations, manipulated just to procude some fascinating raid-bosses, and killed-off in mediocre fashion. So, I want Kael'thas to be brought back to atone for the storytellers turning him to a crazed servant out of nowhere; to see the true Kael'thas in the game, the protector of his people and an amazing mage. And similarly for Illidan: to have the proper anti-hero, demon-hunting, outcast.

However, those choices are based on the staggeringly awful way these characters were handled in the game. It's about fixing that, in my opinion, mistake. But Arthas; he was not handled amazingly, or even exceptionally well, just decently in Wrath. It really takes a lot of getting used to mediocre television-shows and their shallow or pretentious plots to think of his appearance in Wrath as great. But it was not bad either. However there is immense potential in the character after his fall as the Lich King. Potential for an amazing redemption story. An uncompromising redemption story. He is the murderer of millions. He has tortured, damned and twisted seemingly-infinite numbers of people. He has consciously killed his friend, brothers-in-arms, his mentor, his father even; and he delighted in the acts. Yet at his worst, when he became the Lich King himslef, he struggled to keep his humanity and the little goodness left in him. And despite his long fall from grace, realised his mistakes and tried to, at least, slow down the armageddon that is the Scourge.

I just can't help but feel that there is a great story waiting to be told, with Arthas, depowered completely from his Lich King-state; with every memory and feeling of what has transpired still intact in him. In a state of desperation. Hated by almost everyone. And somehow still possessing the power of the Light. Astonished and perplexed by his state, wandering Azeroth, trying to find out why he is still a paladin, helping people as he goes along, with various outcomes, culminating in a story about the meaning of true redemption, and how forgiveness can be given regardless of the sins, as long as you are truly and consciously changed.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-07-08 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan Stormrage
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

My vote goes to Nazgrim.

Grand Marshal Garithos. The hero the Alliance deserves.

Deleted
    Kael'thas, Illidan can rot in a hole for all I care I hate what blizzard did to Kael

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    I just can't help but feel that there is a great story waiting to be told, with Arthas, depowered completely from his Lich King-state; with every memory and feeling of what has transpired still intact in him. In a state of desperation. Hated by almost everyone. And somehow still possessing the power of the Light. Astonished and perplexed by his state, wandering Azeroth, trying to find out why he is still a paladin, helping people as he goes along, with various outcomes, culminating in a story about the meaning of true redemption, and how forgiveness can be given regardless of the sins, as long as you are truly and consciously changed.
    The words "is it over" in the ending cinematic made me vomit, but this shit would be my death. Why does everyone need to be redeemed in the eyes of Horde and Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria Windrunner, because if when she returns does not become the leader of all the Quel'dorei of the Alliance then better then she's dead ...

Uther. Hands down.

Either Gul'dan or Ner'zhul. IMHO two of the most interesting horde characters to ever have existed. I think there are some very interesting ways that they could come back, and it would be cool to see how they would react to the large impact that they've had on Azeroth.

Archimonde, I wouldn't be surprised if they resurrect him as one of the final tier bosses for a Burning Legion themed expansion.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Cairne Bloodhoof - they killed an old, famous, loved and awesome character for a worthless dickface like garrosh - and even the story around useless garrosh is poorly written.

Deleted
    onyxia.. no wait, nefarian bah I mean ragna..... pff I dunno. why bring back characters anyway? whats the point in killin da fukkers in the first place?? when dead, stay dead (unless they has a durid frend ty pls) or a DECENT reason for reanimation.. if it works and has understandable story/reason then yea I spose. if its "oh lets bring back *insert baddy name* and make them current player level for loots" then fekk nooooooo..

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So you want to see grom raised from the dead so he can suffer that misery, but also suffer the misery of seeing his son become something worse then he did, and never learn from the past.
    thats a pretty cruel thing to play on a character. Grom paid for all his mistakes with his life, and even did some good for his kind in that sacrifice, leave the guy to rest.
    Argh typed my post on phone and ended up missing a sentence. I feel like a horrible human being.

I would say Mr Smite, but of course he isn't dead, only improvising.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I full expect many of these people to become in game again when the emerald dream/nightmare is put into the game
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo kids... Illidan is still alive, ight?

Quote Originally Posted by gor3howl View Post
    Illidan

We should of never killed him in the 1st place!
    but..I wouldn't of got his cursed vision if we didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Ner'zhul, I still don't buy all that crap with Arthas destroying him.
    Indeed, always felt like a big cop out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne