Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Just switch to Seal of Justice... Much better Having Hammer of Justice or a New Fear as a talent other than another slow, you can just switch seals.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    bet you complained about not having a gap closer during wotlk
    does this somehow make my point less relevant?
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-07-08 at 03:34 AM.
    Sure as sure

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Damdwarf View Post
    Just switch to Seal of Justice... Much better Having Hammer of Justice or a New Fear as a talent other than another slow, you can just switch seals.
    Fun fact: Ret is the only spec that has SoJ (in addition judgement does not apply SoJ so they must get into melee range to even apply the slow).

    If they do go through with this absurd change I'm going to play without a lvl 30 talent because they are going to be worthless for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Damdwarf View Post
    Just switch to Seal of Justice... Much better Having Hammer of Justice or a New Fear as a talent other than another slow, you can just switch seals.
    ...and waste lots of GCD's on retarded seal switching, while every other melee class has actually useful snares - some of them even applied passively?

  5. #25
    I only ever used it in duels with warriors. fist was always far more superior.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    I only ever used it in duels with warriors. fist was always far more superior.
    of course it was, but now, Fist will not only be superior choice, but the ONLY choice, which means - no choice at all.
    Sure as sure

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    of course it was, but now, Fist will not only be superior choice, but the ONLY choice, which means - no choice at all.
    Pretty much this. It removes all choice, on yet another tier, for no real benefit outside of "buff Holy rep at higher ratings". Now, I'm all for supporting our Holy bro's, but we've seen countless core Ret abilities butchered, nerfed, and flat out deleted in the name of balance "because Holy".

    I use BoG a lot in BGs/wPVP, since it basically gives you free reign to kite all day. I use it in some 2s comps/counter-comps, but FoJ is largely superior. I also use BoG a lot in PVE situations for kiting purposes. Now, I get Fist, and Repentence 2.0 or Repentance 2.1. GG. Let me just stop chasing/swinging and cast thi- oh damn, Holy locked...

    Would like to see SoJ's proc cast on Judgement, and I'd be thrilled, even if it was "only on characters 20+ yards away" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  8. #28
    yeah... the whole point of talent system is so we can choose between 3 equally tasty apples each tier: 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 red.
    As it stands now, Ret will be compelled to "choose" between two rotten apples and the one that is fresh for now, speaking of T30.

    Which means, the whole talent system failed, if you take into consideration all of the other paladin' tiers in regards to specs that are NOT Holy.

    The choices must be equally insipiring, interesting and viable.
    But well, we get what we get.
    Sure as sure

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    yeah... the whole point of talent system is so we can choose between 3 equally tasty apples each tier: 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 red.
    As it stands now, Ret will be compelled to "choose" between two rotten apples and the one that is fresh for now, speaking of T30.

    Which means, the whole talent system failed, if you take into consideration all of the other paladin' tiers in regards to specs that are NOT Holy.

    The choices must be equally insipiring, interesting and viable.
    But well, we get what we get.
    Let's look at those apples, for Ret anyway (mainly PVP focused)

    t15 - LAotL is close to mandatory. Honorable mention to SOL as a distant 2nd.
    t30 - FOJ only.
    t45 - SH only.
    t60 - Clemency only.
    t75 - HA pretty much dominates, but some prefer SW and even fewer run DP.
    t90 - HPrism only (PVP).

    So, for the PVP Ret out there, you get about half of one choice across 18 "options", being the t75 talent if you wish to buck HA for something a bit more "sustained". PVE ret can maybe make cases to run SOL > LAotL, SS > SH, and obv ES > LH > Prism, but even then you're only getting a few "situational" choices that are pretty damn clear cut.

    At least we save money on tomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Let's look at those apples, for Ret anyway (mainly PVP focused)

    t15 - LAotL is close to mandatory. Honorable mention to SOL as a distant 2nd.
    t30 - FOJ only.
    t45 - SH only.
    t60 - Clemency only.
    t75 - HA pretty much dominates, but some prefer SW and even fewer run DP.
    t90 - HPrism only (PVP).

    So, for the PVP Ret out there, you get about half of one choice across 18 "options", being the t75 talent if you wish to buck HA for something a bit more "sustained". PVE ret can maybe make cases to run SOL > LAotL, SS > SH, and obv ES > LH > Prism, but even then you're only getting a few "situational" choices that are pretty damn clear cut.

    At least we save money on tomes.
    yeah, except 1 point: T15.
    LAotL is not "close " to mandatory, its the only viable option.
    Which still does not mean its good or realiable, just viable compared to 2 other completely fail talents.

    I mean, look at the other two.

    Speed of Light has a long, way to long cooldown for a measly sprint.
    I dare anyone saying that Ret with its massive toolkit can be played totally competitevely, to try and fight any kite-based class\spec with SoL as your T15 choice.
    You will suffer well enough to get my point, I can bet on that.

    Pursuit oj Justice? The one that boldly increases your runspeed by 15% ? Look me in the eye and say its a viable pvp choice.
    oh, PoJ also increases your runspeed by an additional 5% for each HoPo capped at +additional 15%, well guess what, if you are sitting on HoPo, then you are not dishing out damage or healing, and as far as I remember, Ret has only 2 on demand ranged attacks that give HoPo, one of which has a whopping 15 sec cd, so you dont even build said bonus runspeed that easily and reliably.

    Whereas a Warrior will simply charge, a DK will simply DGrip his target,a rogue - sprint/out-stealth you/Shadowstep, a shaman- slow/root you and ghostwolf with +60% runspeed, a druid will charge or dash, a monk will chi torpedo/tea torpedo/mana torpedo whatever the frag torpedo - the Ret will... run 15% faster....


    Does it even?..
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-07-08 at 03:18 PM.
    Sure as sure

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,844
    BoG is pretty much useless actually. If you need it for PVP you are doing something wrong. (hint hint : giving up 30s hard stun or repetance for a snare is BAD for every single comp ret/holy are decent in)

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    BoG is pretty much useless actually. If you need it for PVP you are doing something wrong. (hint hint : giving up 30s hard stun or repetance for a snare is BAD for every single comp ret/holy are decent in)
    why dont you just... read the topic before responding?.
    Sure as sure

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    why dont you just... read the topic before responding?.
    1)Crying against a great change for paladin, from a useless talent, to a new one wich open new PVP synergy ?
    Check
    2)Thread focused on PVP ?
    Check

    That you do not agree with me doesn't make me wrong, sorry to burst your bubble. (and actually talking about T15 talent, on a BoG thread... Maybe you didn't read OP and just rushed to the last post ??? Amiright ?)
    Last edited by Ealyssa; 2013-07-08 at 03:59 PM.

  14. #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post

    Whereas a Warrior will simply charge, a DK will simply DGrip his target,a rogue - sprint/out-stealth you/Shadowstep, a shaman- slow/root you and ghostwolf with +60% runspeed, a druid will charge or dash, a monk will chi torpedo/tea torpedo/mana torpedo whatever the frag torpedo - the Ret will... run 15% faster....


    Does it even?..
    I think it's cute that you tried to make it seem like shamans have better mobility than ret.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    1)Crying against a great change for paladin, from a useless talent, to a new one wich open new PVP synergy ?
    Check
    2)Thread focused on PVP ?
    Check

    That you do not agree with me doesn't make me wrong, sorry to burst your bubble.
    1) reading diagonally across the thread?
    check

    2) Thread focusing on pvp?
    check

    I fail to recall stating my disagreement with you.
    I just pointed out, that you might wish to actually read the fething topic before spouting your oh so very Valid and True Opinion.
    Sorry for not giving a flying frag.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post


    I think it's cute that you tried to make it seem like shamans have better mobility than ret.
    I think it's not cute how you misplaced "Mobility" with "Gap Closing".

    Do you not even realise that a a talent in a tier dedicated to gap closing just makes you run faster by 15% ?
    Does it even warrant a talent point?
    Sure as sure

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    1) reading diagonally across the thread?
    check

    2) Thread focusing on pvp?
    check

    I fail to recall stating my disagreement with you.
    I just pointed out, that you might wish to actually read the fething topic before spouting your oh so very Valid and True Opinion.
    Sorry for not giving a flying frag.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I think it's not cute how you misplaced "Mobility" with "Gap Closing".

    Do you not even realise that a a talent in a tier dedicated to gap closing just makes you run faster by 15% ?
    Does it even warrant a talent point?
    There's a reason no one uses it. I'm not sure why you complain, between freedom, emancipate and LoTL, I have no problem keeping 90% uptime on any target. Honestly, it's harder to get on people on my warrior because sure I can charge, but slow me or root me and I'm useless. Not to mention charge pathing sucks half the time, leaving you too short to put a hamstring up because you're out of melee range.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    There's a reason no one uses it.
    asmuch there's a reason I'm arguing and discussing and pointing at obvious flaws so people can take off the rose tinted glasses and realise: "hey, this talent tree sucks a giant douche for Ret and prot"

    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I'm not sure why you complain
    I think it's cute how you brand a legal discussion "complaining"
    Sure as sure

  18. #38
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Fun fact: Ret is the only spec that has SoJ (in addition judgement does not apply SoJ so they must get into melee range to even apply the slow).

    If they do go through with this absurd change I'm going to play without a lvl 30 talent because they are going to be worthless for me.
    Yes, Ret is the only spec that has SoJ, it's apart of our spec toolkit. Prot and Holy have things that Ret does not.

    I'd pay to see you go without a level 30 talent, though.

    While you might not be getting what you want, it sure isn't useless. Fist of Justice, Repentance, and the new Turn Evil will find use in their own ways.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-07-08 at 04:42 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    asmuch there's a reason I'm arguing and discussing and pointing at obvious flaws so people can take off the rose tinted glasses and realise: "hey, this talent tree sucks a giant douche for Ret and prot"


    I think it's cute how you brand a legal discussion "complaining"
    It's like that for a lot of classes though. There will almost always be a "cookie cutter spec" no matter what bliz does to try to change that.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    It's like that for a lot of classes though. There will almost always be a "cookie cutter spec" no matter what bliz does to try to change that.
    problem is not with the cookie cutter, problem is with literal lack of choice for ret and prot.
    Sure as sure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •