Deleted

Guild Wars 2 personal storilne.

I am planning to buy G2. I presumably level a necromancer, but what professtioanl have most funnest personal storyline??
    And is necromancer fun to play with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    I am planning to buy G2. I presumably level a necromancer, but what professtioanl have most funnest personal storyline??
    And is necromancer fun to play with?
    welcome to GW2, can't tell you about the personal story bit (i mainly PvP and have not finished my own PS) but i main a Necro and he is a lot of fun PvX almost 2200 hrs on him alone so far. you can spec for melee damage, condi damage, hybrid damage and using minions while leveling has some very positive feedback. the only advice that i can give you as a new player is go through all the options in the main menu and redo your keybinds, become familiar with your inventory pane, character pane, and quick menus at the top left of the screen. remember that dodging appropriately is your friend and it is more than fine to take your time getting to max level, actually i encourage it.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    The professions do not change your story, only the rewards you get from them. The races and the choices you make for them is what changes the story.

So you can play any profession you want.

Not to be the debby Downer, but by around level 40 all "Personal Stories" pretty much end up on the same quest path.

And what a dissapointing quest path they end up on.

class doesn't affect your quest line, but as said before by some people, all storylines brunch together at level 40 when you meet Trahearne and he stills all of your spotlight =).
    Talking about Khormir 2.0

well it's not that bad, at lv.40 is just becomes more like any other game - a storyline which develops around a common goal: to defeat the elder dragon.

A lot of people prefer the Charr-storyline. I haven't played a Charr yet but what I've seen from helping my friend (you can party with others and experience their story) it's pretty solid. Charr and Humans also have the best home instances too, imho. This is a place in your race's main city which is instanced for you - probably a location where future housing takes place.

Each race makes 2 choices that have 3 options each.
    One choice dictates your level 1-10 quests
    The other dictates your level 11-20 quests.
    Then each race has a "meet the factions" questline from 21-30 (same for all members of the race, different between races)
    Then each faction gets a quest set for 31-40
    Then each faction picks a race to study, your race decides which 3 of the 5 races you can choose from and dictates your 41-50 set.
    51-60 is faction based with two course options.
    61-70 is based on a choice you make of three options at Pale Tree.
    71-80 is a couple course options, but same for all.

So yeah, profession doesn't matter at all. Race does early on, then faction.

As others have said, your story is decided by your race and the choices you make at character creation. At around level 40, the story goes off in a direction that rather sucks.

Within the story missions, you do make choices that determine future missions. "Do you want to save the skritt cave or recover the powerful artifact?" That sort of thing.

Out of all the races, I enjoyed the Charr story the most, followed by the Asuran story. Human and Sylvari stories have good and bad parts. The Norn story never caught my attention. Out of the orders you choose, Whispers is easily the best story line of the three.

The personal story has multiple arcs that are partly affected by beginning choices but also most arcs have a choice involved also that will unlock a certain line within the arc, like choosing which minor race to support, which is affected by your race choice