Optimal Valor points going into 5.4

I dont know why but I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around this. Assuming the information we currently have, that we will have valor upgrades for 250 vp, that we wont have a SOO item level valor vendor, and that you didnt need to buy any 522 gear/upgrade any 522 gear to catch up. How much valor would be the perfect amount to stock up on?

I want to say 3000 is no good because you will need to kill at least one boss to get a piece and it feels wasted. 2500? or am i over thinking it and 2000 is really enough logically?

Valor might be converted to justice at patch drop. I forget, did they not do that in 5.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I dont know why but I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around this. Assuming the information we currently have, that we will have valor upgrades for 250 vp, that we wont have a SOO item level valor vendor, and that you didnt need to buy any 522 gear/upgrade any 522 gear to catch up. How much valor would be the perfect amount to stock up on?

I want to say 3000 is no good because you will need to kill at least one boss to get a piece and it feels wasted. 2500? or am i over thinking it and 2000 is really enough logically?
    3k/3k is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Didn't they say they were removing Valor Point and VP gear in 5.4 ?
    That was before they announced that they scrapped alternative way of gearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    So it's staying totally the same? I'd prefer the cap be heightened. I've never understood why "stockpiling" points seems to be frowned upon. I've heard the reasons, but they don't seem reasonable.

Having capped valor and killing a boss the following week doesn't take away from your weekly cap. You just gain 0 VP until you spend your cap.

Deleted
    No point being under the cap, since you'll have been able to upgrade every item you have before SoO releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Care to provide a link to that announcement? I don't remember reading anything to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Care to provide a link to that announcement? I don't remember reading anything to that effect.
    The only change to valor gear so far is the removal of rep requirements for Tier 14 valor gear and the lowering of rep requirements for Shado-pan Assault gear to a maximum of Friendly. The only gearing option that might get removed is the Battlefield: Barrens stuff, but that depends entirely when they decide to close up that event.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they don't convert down valor to justice (I don't think they will, sticking with the trend of the expansion) it's worth bringing a full 3k/3k
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get 3k, or 2k, or 1k. Get as much as you want and/or need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Assuming they don't convert down valor to justice (I don't think they will, sticking with the trend of the expansion) it's worth bringing a full 3k/3k
    And if they do convert them to JP/gold, then you might as well have 3000VP to get a nice fat payout in the mailbox on patch day.