Deleted

New computer.. I can't decide.. 3 choices

Hey everyone,

I am in need of your help - I am going to buy a new computer, but I am unsure which one to buy.

I will be playing the new Battlefield 4 on the new Frostbite 3 engine and the new Elder Scrolls Online.

The games mentioned above must be able to run at at least high graphic.

These 3 computers are the ones I have looked at:

Computer 1

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H motherboard (Ultra Durable 4 Plus)
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670 4x3.40GHz (Turbo 3.80GHz)
    GPU: Nvidia GTX770 OC 2GB GDDR5
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM
    HARDDRIVE: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda (SATA3, 7200rpm, 6GB/s)

PRICE: 1182,21$

Computer 2

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3 motherboard (Ultra Durable 4 Plus)
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K 4x3.40GHz (Turbo 3.80GHz)
    GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 2GB OC DirectCUII
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 8 GB DDR3-1600 DualChannel
    HARDDRIVE 1: Samsung 840 120GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
    HARDDRIVE 2: 1TB Seagate Barracuda (SATA3, 7200rpm, 6GB/s)

PRICE: 1337,48$

Computer 3

Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K // MSI - Z87-G45 CFX/SLI
    CPU: Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz (Haswell)
    GPU: MSI GTX 660 TwinFrozr 2GB, OverClocked!
    RAM: G.Skill RIPJAWS Gaming 2133 Mhz, 8 GB, DUAL CHANNEL!
    HARDDRIVE: WD/Seagate 500GB Harddrive 7200 rpm.

PRICE: 1243,52$

I also have another question...

How big is the difference between 8GB 1600 Mhz ram and 8GB 2133 Mhz ram?

If you're planning on overclocking, Computer 2 is the best.

The difference between 1600MHz RAM and 2133MHz? Not much, as it's generally a faster cycle but with higher latency so they're roughly the same (give or take 1-2%)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore the bottom one.

I would go with the middle one for sure. Are these prebuilt or your own potential build options?

Deleted
    Option two. 1337$ .... and it has a SSD. I couldn't live without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    Ignore the bottom one.

I would go with the middle one for sure. Are these prebuilt or your own potential build options?
    Why not the first one? - The graphic card is way better. The only worse thing is the CPU as it is not a K edition.

These are prebuild ones, but very configurable. I can also add a SSD to Computer 1.

If you could link us the site your using I bet someone would be kind enough to throw together a good setup for you. That or just give us your country and we can go from there as it's hard to tell what parts the site offers and such.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-07-07 at 05:36 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Computer 1, but use the $200 left over from not buying Computer 2 and buy it a SSD. SSD is a must, you can get a good 256GB SSD for ~$200 now.

All 3 are a rip though, You can easily build a computer for $1200 that beats them in every way, and not by a small amount, so I'd suggest you just look into that. Building a comp is not hard, you can serious just Amazon/Newegg the parts and slap it together using the motherboard manual and if you run into issues there are plenty of computer related forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Computer 1, but use the $200 left over from not buying Computer 2 and buy it a SSD. SSD is a must, you can get a good 256GB SSD for ~$200 now.

All 3 are a rip though, You can easily build a computer for $1200 that beats them in every way, and not by a small amount, so I'd suggest you just look into that. Building a comp is not hard, you can serious just Amazon/Newegg the parts and slap it together using the motherboard manual and if you run into issues there are plenty of computer related forums.
    Alot of people aren't comfortable spending that much money on something and having to put it together. The potential for screwing up scares off alot of potential builders and frankly, I don't blame them, it does seem a better option to pay a bit more to have someone do it for you. No amount of guides and walkthroughs will make that little gremlin nagging at you on your shoulder go away.

That said, it is fairly straightforward and not nearly as daunting as you think. If you can ignore the gremlin and want to give it a couple hours of research and build-time you can save a easy $100+ that can be used elsewhere. If you don't, thats fine and we will work with what you give us.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    If you could link us the site your using I bet someone would be kind enough to throw together a good setup for you. That or just give us your country and we can go from there as it's hard to tell what parts the site offers and such.
    www.Mm-vision.dk for the 2 first computers.

www.sharkgaming.dk for the 3rd computer.

I am from Denmark, so prices are a bit high

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ships to denmark from what I was able to find though you would have to go here and put in your postal code & country to find out(scroll down a bit).

They got this one for $1010 inc VAT. > http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...75&subcat=2602
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-07-07 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ships to denmark from what I was able to find though you would have to go here and put in your postal code & country to find out(scroll down a bit).

They got this one for $1010 inc VAT. > http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...75&subcat=2602
    Thats not 1000$.. thats 1000 british pounds which is equivalent to 1500 us dollars..

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Thats not 1000$.. thats 1000 british pounds which is equivalent to 1500 us dollars..
    I know that, it shows that in the pic and I have no clue what the ALT key combination is for the symbol so I used the $ (to the lovely confusion of others).

There are alot more options than the one I showed but they do charge shipping. This one at the mm-vision site is priced at 964(7195 DK) euros and has the following in it:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Motherboard with Ultra Durable 4 Plus
    CPU cooler: Temperature controlled cooler
    Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel
    Hard Drive 1: Samsung 840 120GB SSD (Solid State Disk) Upgradeable
    Hard 2: Additional hard drive optional
    Graphics: Asus GeForce GTX760 2GB OC DirectCUII
    Housing: Vision G-Series V2 Gaming Cabinet
    Power Raidmax RX-600AF power super silent 16dB (80 + Bronze certified)
    Audio: High Definition Audio (Dolby Home Theater)
    Drive: 22x DVD Burner + / - Dual layer
    Ethernet: 100/1000 Mb / s Realtek 8111 Gigabit LAN
    Software: All drivers etc. included.
    Cooling: Additional 120mm radiator mounted
    Warranty: There is a full 24 month warranty on Vision Computers
    Services: Vision Service Pack including Danish support and hotline
    Power consumption: Windows approx. 55 Watt / 3DMark approx. 180 Watt
    Dimensions: (DxWxH) 49cm x 20cm x 44.5cm
    Delivery: Can be shipped freight free throughout Denmark with GLS
    And it is another 74(549 DK) Euros to add in a 1tb HDD but they do offer free shipping so that is a a easy 20 or so you don't gotta pay.

(pretty sure I got the prices right or pretty damn close)
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-07-08 at 12:00 AM.

Any particular reason you're set on an i5? Passmark showing those running up to $250(usd), vs AMD FXs that bench higher but cost $150-200.~ So a bit cheaper.

All in all, I'm seeing that your bottlenecking hard in your CPU, go with a slightly lower GPU and get a better CPU. GPUs are easier to replace/upgrade down the line anyway.~
    Last edited by Maleia; 2013-07-08 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleia View Post
    Any particular reason you're set on an i5? Passmark showing those running up to $250(usd), vs AMD FXs that bench higher but cost $150-200.~ So a bit cheaper.

All in all, I'm seeing that your bottlenecking hard in your CPU, go with a slightly lower GPU and get a better CPU. GPUs are easier to replace/upgrade down the line anyway.~
    Having a hard time finding anything stating that the i5 4670/k will bottleneck on a single GTX 770 without running multiple-monitor setups or adding a second GTX 770 so they should be just fine(if you can find otherwise, please post it so I don't give them stupid advice :P).

The computers they showed are via 2 websites in post #9 that they can get built/shipped to them(in Denmark).

An i5 can't possibly be a bottleneck. The i5 is practically as fast as an i7 for gaming usage. As far as I know the difference with an i7 is the difference of 100mhz and the loss of HyperThreading, which is useless when it comes to gaming. Therefor, an i5 like that should be MORE than enough for gaming and can't possibly be a bottleneck. The reason why the highest of the AMD FX might outperform in certain raw calculating tasks is because it's a hexacore against a quadcore. Therefor, in Cinebench, it MIGHT outperform the i5 because it has more cores that can be used for rendering at the same time. This does not translate into better noticable performance. The AMD FX's are slower as the core i5/i7.
    -----------------
    To OP: I've seen you are still abit worried about wether your processor is a 'K' style processor or not. This means nothing more than that the multiplier of the CPU is unlocked, making it more overclockable than the non K version. It has NOTHING to do with the basic speed of the processor and you should never believe that.

Deleted

Dont ever use passmark as a benchmark for CPU's... That benchmark should be erased from the internet!

Deleted
    The overall question is whether to get a computer with a 4670K and a Geforce GTX 760 or a computer with a 4670 "NON K" and a Gerforce GTX 770?

The 770 seems to be way above the 760, but the difference between 4670 and 4670K is not that huge? If I were to overlock would the difference between 4670 and 4670 be more significant than 760 and 770?