Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Eh, there are lots of famous women scientists of old, even if there are less of them than here are men. Some of them didn't get the credit they deserved, just like lots of men didn't get the credit they deserve. No dubt there are far more men who have been treated this way than there are women. I guess we should teach about them in (considering how childishly this is presented, presumably very early grades of) school, too?

I mean, if anyone can remember them.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    So... shit happens. Sure the same has happened to a lot of men.

Pretty much this. In any field that is competitive things like that will happen. There are just some real dicks out there that are perfectly willing to steal another's work and pass it on as their own.

It isn't fair to assume because they were women that their sex is the only reason their work was stolen. Their work was stolen because they discovered something brilliant and were naive enough to share it with the wrong people. It sucks, but it happens.

Many "famous" scientists and inventors often stole their ideas, or sometimes inadvertently ended up being credited for someone else's discovery just by using it in their own work.

The Theory of Relativity for example, and the 'E=MC2' thing were both around for a long time before Einstein but everything thinks he came up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Now list all the men who weren't given credit for their work.

A lot of people get shit on, regardless of gender.

I've also heard of Lise Meitner, so she can't be that obscure.
    this, that kinda acts like no man has ever fucked over another man and stolen their work, i think it was the telephone which was invented by Antonio Meucci, but was never patented or something and basically stolen by Alexander Graham Bell who everyone thinks is the actual inventor of the telephone.

nothing to do with gender at all just POWER.

Happens to men too, Nikola Tesla is a perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

Personally I think it's pretty terrible and more cases like this ought to be brought up in schools.

What i think? could not care any less many people get work stolen from them these women are no different then millions of men and women who have had ideas stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Many "famous" scientists and inventors often stole their ideas, or sometimes inadvertently ended up being credited for someone else's discovery just by using it in their own work.

The Theory of Relativity for example, and the 'E=MC2' thing were both around for a long time before Einstein but everything thinks he came up with them.
    Einstein DID come up with both of those though,

thing with E=MC2 is physicists before him just had a slight idea that mass and energy were someway relate able, but Einstein actually made it work.
    Last edited by Allawi; 2013-07-08 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And can we stop giving Edison credit for . . . anything? All that man invented was how to be a douchebag patent whore.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Big deal, the same shit happens with men. When old academicians sit on their asses and review works of young and promising scientists, then they take all credits for themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I didn't know anyone thinks "he came up with it." He applied Lorentz transformations to an unrelated problem and that was one of the results. That's how science works.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I didn't know anyone thinks "he came up with it." He applied Lorentz transformations to an unrelated problem and that was one of the results. That's how science works.
    I'd say most people not schooled in physics think he came up with it.
    Putin khuliyo