Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will. I expect 5.4 go to live in early September, and I'd count on a summer release (or maybe even late spring) of the next expac. Eight or nine months tops of Tier 16, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    If it lasts a whole year expect another 1-2mill subscriber drop
    There's usually a sub drop after the last tier is released but it's not normally a big deal because they come back. That will be the real test - how many come back.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I doubt it will. I expect 5.4 go to live in early September, and I'd count on a summer release (or maybe even late spring) of the next expac. Eight or nine months tops of Tier 16, I'd guess.

There's usually a sub drop after the last tier is released but it's not normally a big deal because they come back. That will be the real test - how many come back.
    If the next expansion is Legion themed, nostalgia will hit more people than you could imagine and subs may surge for a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I dont want to go into whole "game is losing subs omg dead", but the fact that it is losing subs is not secret.
    It's normal for an 8 year old game to lose players. Blizzard knows that, but some WoW players like to blow it out of proportion.
    Last edited by Piggo; 2013-07-07 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC lasted close to a year and I was okay with it.

Dragon Soul lasted close to a year and I LOATHED it.

Based on this extremely hard collection of facts... I dunno. Is the raid good? Is it good enough to last a year?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet! I wonder what perks they'll add to the new Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

Based on this extremely hard collection of facts... I dunno. Is the raid good? Is it good enough to last a year?
    arguably ICC was a better raid then DS. i liked ICC more then DS also. i was a bit bored by the time Cata came out. i was super eager to try new stuff, i dont see SoO being anywhere near as bad as DS was, so yah 8 months of SoO wont bother me. 10 months max. give me good quality stuff like they have given every patch since 5.0 and the time isnt an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I really think Blizz will have the next expansion out by this Christmas or early next year. They keep hiring more people and said their trying to produce content on a faster level.

Well, Cata was a few months shorter than 2 years, and we got the last patch roughly halfway through its lifespan. Released in December, last patch the following November. That was 3 patches as well. We've already had 3 patches with what feels like much more content in a shorted span. If the next patch is roughly September, that will be on track to match the last patch of Cata if MoP is going to last as long.

They've already said they have people working on the quests for the expansion (it was in the news on the front page once - they said about the story taking the writers away from the expansion work for longer than they expected) so I suspect we'll actually see the next expansion sooner. If not, no big deal. Feels like there's a load more to do than previous expansions, rather than just run LFD till you bleed to get valor/justice gear so you can hop straight to the latest raid (yes, I know it'll be possible to gear for the latest raid quickly still, but there are more options on how to now it seems).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

A year is too long for most people even for a really awesome raid.

ICC is in my top five raids ever list, but even I was getting worn on it by the end.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If it lasts a whole year, then it lasts a whole year. I could care regardless. I never run out of things to do, and I don't care what others think or do.
    Couldn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it lasts a year without Blizzard providing something new to do in the meanwhile, then they will have screwed up and lost a lot of the momentum they've gained with their patch cycles during MoP. If it does, I can catch up on a couple of alts.

So there's that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    Honestly I don't think it will happen this time, they know its a bad idea unless they give us a patch inbetween. But I honestly expect Next Expansion beta to start sometime after Blizzcon.
    I actually believe on blizzcon when they show the trailer of the next expansion right after that trailer in big letters you see, Beta starts NOW

OT: They won't even dare to do another 12months raid, WoW is a good game no doubt, but other games deliver way faster content, blizzard is WAY to slow if they stayed what they used to do, there is competition out there this time, those other years there wasn't much good competition now there is, blizzard isn't dumb at all, they are going to do their best to nuke those other MMO's to the ground, ofcourse this is really hard and near impossible, but blizzard isn't just a average company they are one of the best out there.

Expect the next expansion to be BIG, we just got pandas, expect now bad ass stuff, demons, Infernos, Everything you might think of.

Blizzard will make sure that all eyes are back on their game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

WoW is in trouble if it does but Blizzard said it wouldn't. The way they are pumping out content now, I don't think it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The subs they'd be losing from having a long tier aren't worth keeping anyway. Hope it lasts 10-12 months, as to give everyone and their alts to enjoy it to the fullest.
    I have to agree with this. As someone who enjoys raiding on multiple toons ... even right now I feel RUSHED through Throne of Thunder. I am hoping to kill Ra-Den in the next few months before SoO releases but summer hasn't been forgiving to 25m raiding. :/ I know higher progressed guilds are bored with ToT but there is still plenty of people who are not finished with the tier and not having months to work on it is super unfair, imo.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

in my opinion they are already pushing it with this 3 quests patch 5.3 already. if 5.4 lasted a whole year better be a shit load of content.

well it's been the trend for the past 2 expacs, can't say I would be blown away if the same happened here. though at least this time hopefully SoO will be a lot more engaging and challenging then DS, but then again a leveling dungeon is more engaging then that raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind, maybe then I could get full thunderforged (or whatever it's called in 5.4) HC gear atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in my opinion they are already pushing it with this 3 quests patch 5.3 already. if 5.4 lasted a whole year better be a shit load of content.
    Let's not forget a new arena, new bg, new scenarios.

in cataclysm we would have to wait another year for these stuff, blizzard is throwning them at us each 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I felt like ICC was extremely accessible when it came to pugging it compared to DS, so it wasn't so bad that it lasted as long as it did since you could almost always get into a decent pug for both 10 and 25 man each week, also there was a filler raid. DS didn't really deliver, especially as a last tier raid, so it felt like it lasted a lot longer then it did. But they have been releasing content a lot faster this x-pac, and it has been good content, but even if it did last a year(which I highly doubt they would let that happen), there have been so many things added to the game with mists that I doubt people would ever get bored of it just because the patch runs a little long, especially if SoO turns out as good as it looks.

Then they would have failed for three expansions in a row!

Though, I doubt that'll happen this time, but who knows!