Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    if it lasts a year then ill unsub when i get bored and resub when something new comes out, simple.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    I doubt it will. I expect 5.4 go to live in early September, and I'd count on a summer release (or maybe even late spring) of the next expac. Eight or nine months tops of Tier 16, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    If it lasts a whole year expect another 1-2mill subscriber drop
    There's usually a sub drop after the last tier is released but it's not normally a big deal because they come back. That will be the real test - how many come back.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I doubt it will. I expect 5.4 go to live in early September, and I'd count on a summer release (or maybe even late spring) of the next expac. Eight or nine months tops of Tier 16, I'd guess.

There's usually a sub drop after the last tier is released but it's not normally a big deal because they come back. That will be the real test - how many come back.
    If the next expansion is Legion themed, nostalgia will hit more people than you could imagine and subs may surge for a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I dont want to go into whole "game is losing subs omg dead", but the fact that it is losing subs is not secret.
    It's normal for an 8 year old game to lose players. Blizzard knows that, but some WoW players like to blow it out of proportion.
    Last edited by Piggo; 2013-07-07 at 05:36 PM.

ICC lasted close to a year and I was okay with it.

Dragon Soul lasted close to a year and I LOATHED it.

Based on this extremely hard collection of facts... I dunno. Is the raid good? Is it good enough to last a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

Sweet! I wonder what perks they'll add to the new Annual Pass.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

Based on this extremely hard collection of facts... I dunno. Is the raid good? Is it good enough to last a year?
    arguably ICC was a better raid then DS. i liked ICC more then DS also. i was a bit bored by the time Cata came out. i was super eager to try new stuff, i dont see SoO being anywhere near as bad as DS was, so yah 8 months of SoO wont bother me. 10 months max. give me good quality stuff like they have given every patch since 5.0 and the time isnt an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I really think Blizz will have the next expansion out by this Christmas or early next year. They keep hiring more people and said their trying to produce content on a faster level.

Well, Cata was a few months shorter than 2 years, and we got the last patch roughly halfway through its lifespan. Released in December, last patch the following November. That was 3 patches as well. We've already had 3 patches with what feels like much more content in a shorted span. If the next patch is roughly September, that will be on track to match the last patch of Cata if MoP is going to last as long.

They've already said they have people working on the quests for the expansion (it was in the news on the front page once - they said about the story taking the writers away from the expansion work for longer than they expected) so I suspect we'll actually see the next expansion sooner. If not, no big deal. Feels like there's a load more to do than previous expansions, rather than just run LFD till you bleed to get valor/justice gear so you can hop straight to the latest raid (yes, I know it'll be possible to gear for the latest raid quickly still, but there are more options on how to now it seems).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

A year is too long for most people even for a really awesome raid.

ICC is in my top five raids ever list, but even I was getting worn on it by the end.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If it lasts a whole year, then it lasts a whole year. I could care regardless. I never run out of things to do, and I don't care what others think or do.
    Couldn't care.
    Active: Path of Exile - Jegethy | WoW: Paladin

Retired: RIFT: Jegethy @ Deepwood US SWTOR: Ziddy @ ToFN

If it lasts a year without Blizzard providing something new to do in the meanwhile, then they will have screwed up and lost a lot of the momentum they've gained with their patch cycles during MoP. If it does, I can catch up on a couple of alts.

So there's that.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I dont want to go into whole "game is losing subs omg dead", but the fact that it is losing subs is not secret.
    Why the hell do people trick us into clicking sort of interesting thread titles and then it's about losing subs (yes it is, especially if you start with how you DON'T want to go into the sub issue) Know what? If you don't wanna go there...don't bring it up.

That said: BT was out VEEERY long...as was ICC and both x-pacs are for various reasosn and by various groups of people classed as the pinacle of the game.

In TBVC times around 500 000 ppl raided in ICC times up to 1.5 million. Basically that mean: 10% raided, 90% didn't. So a tier there lasted over 9 months and it diidn't affect 90% of the people.

I HOPE SoO lasts 9 months. Finally a chance to catch up and level those 9 alts of mine. And a chance to enjoy endless topics on this forum.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    Honestly I don't think it will happen this time, they know its a bad idea unless they give us a patch inbetween. But I honestly expect Next Expansion beta to start sometime after Blizzcon.
    I actually believe on blizzcon when they show the trailer of the next expansion right after that trailer in big letters you see, Beta starts NOW

OT: They won't even dare to do another 12months raid, WoW is a good game no doubt, but other games deliver way faster content, blizzard is WAY to slow if they stayed what they used to do, there is competition out there this time, those other years there wasn't much good competition now there is, blizzard isn't dumb at all, they are going to do their best to nuke those other MMO's to the ground, ofcourse this is really hard and near impossible, but blizzard isn't just a average company they are one of the best out there.

Expect the next expansion to be BIG, we just got pandas, expect now bad ass stuff, demons, Infernos, Everything you might think of.

Blizzard will make sure that all eyes are back on their game.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

WoW is in trouble if it does but Blizzard said it wouldn't. The way they are pumping out content now, I don't think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The subs they'd be losing from having a long tier aren't worth keeping anyway. Hope it lasts 10-12 months, as to give everyone and their alts to enjoy it to the fullest.
    I have to agree with this. As someone who enjoys raiding on multiple toons ... even right now I feel RUSHED through Throne of Thunder. I am hoping to kill Ra-Den in the next few months before SoO releases but summer hasn't been forgiving to 25m raiding. :/ I know higher progressed guilds are bored with ToT but there is still plenty of people who are not finished with the tier and not having months to work on it is super unfair, imo.

Bawk - Balance PvE (Alliance) | Bawk - Balance PvP (Horde)
    My Youtube Channel

in my opinion they are already pushing it with this 3 quests patch 5.3 already. if 5.4 lasted a whole year better be a shit load of content.

well it's been the trend for the past 2 expacs, can't say I would be blown away if the same happened here. though at least this time hopefully SoO will be a lot more engaging and challenging then DS, but then again a leveling dungeon is more engaging then that raid.

I wouldn't mind, maybe then I could get full thunderforged (or whatever it's called in 5.4) HC gear atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in my opinion they are already pushing it with this 3 quests patch 5.3 already. if 5.4 lasted a whole year better be a shit load of content.
    Let's not forget a new arena, new bg, new scenarios.

in cataclysm we would have to wait another year for these stuff, blizzard is throwning them at us each 2 months.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.