Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thaddius would get my vote, though Son of Arugal snuck up on me once or twice when leveling and scared the heck out of me.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Only read the 1st page, and I can't believe no one mentioned Hogger.... sigh what is the world (of warcarft) coming to.

Those motherfucking snails in Throne of Thunder

How the hell can a gastropod hit like fucking deathwing on steroids

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Terrifying NPC in WOW is clearly her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Devilsaurs.... those bastards are absurdly silent when they come up from behind.
    I was always scared shitless of them when I just started out leveling in un'goro crater.

Fel Reaver also crosses my mind. But the one I got scared of the most was a spider that came from the ceiling in WoW when I didn't expect it... blurgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Devilsaurs.... those bastards are absurdly silent when they come up from behind.
    Those clever girls...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Most Terrifying NPC in WOW is clearly her.
    Makes you wonder why Cenarius ''son'' considered her attractive lol

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Makes you wonder why Cenarius ''son'' considered her attractive lol
    When you see that couple, you know that there truly is somebody for everybody, somewhere.

Back in classic there was a quest in The Hinterlands, where you had to summon the avatar of Shadra (the spider-loa) and kill it. My god that spider was fucking massive.

This is a picture showing how big she was: http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...rmal/27330.jpg

Stitches pre-Cata. Someone else mentioned running on foot across Duskwood on that dimly lit path. That was always horrifying back in the day. Werewolves and ghouls jumping out from the bushes, huge spiders and wolves chittering and howling on either side. And if that weren't enough, you have the added issue of Stitches and Mor'Ladim, elite patrolling mobs too high level to know. Those two were definitely the scariest thing ever in WoW.

Edit because someone mentioned Son of Arugal, also terrifying. All of those guys pre-cata who were elite and way higher level than the rest of the stuff in the zone. The Nightmare dragons.
    Last edited by Boarwood; 2013-07-08 at 01:27 AM.

Fel Reaver, gotta keep your distance.

Hmmm...Blood of Heroes. Wonder what this is?
    /click

Sara yelling in Ulduar.

Honourable mention for the old Kel'thuzad evil laugh in Naxx 1.0.

Fel Reaver scared the shit out of me in the early TBC days, he was one sneaky bastard for a giant robot. Of course by todays visual settings/standards, you see him coming an hour away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Murlocs! You pull one, and then the next thing you know, you have a raid group of them on you. That sound they make, too. Creepy.
    Hahaha! How I remember my newbie days in Elwynn Forest, attacked one murloc just to realize that there was 15 others waiting for me Scared for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Fel Reaver in God damn Hellfire peninsula. Back in the day that piece of crap asshole creeped up on my ass trillion times. You could never hear the fucker coming, until he was on top of you stomping your head into the dirt.

And old Morgan Ladimore in Darkshire. The bitch could smell you on the other side of Raven Hill and rub the floor with you. And again just as you corpse ran. Then again.

Very few thing in WoW ever made me look over my shoulder like those 2 guys.
    The good thing about playing a rogue in tbc, I was able to vanish when the fel reaver "snuck" up on me and aggro'd. The bad thing about playing a rogue in tbc, running out of flash powder and forgetting to buy more then getting owned by the fel reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahveros View Post
    The good thing about playing a rogue in tbc, I was able to vanish when the fel reaver "snuck" up on me and aggro'd. The bad thing about playing a rogue in tbc, running out of flash powder and forgetting to buy more then getting owned by the fel reaver.
    thats why you should of played a hunter, no need for mats feign death didn't need any..............resisted -.-

Thaddius' lore is pretty damn creepy.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Mor'Ladim, at one time, was the thorn in every level 20s-30s Ally's ass. People used to trek back to duskwood when they were high enough to kill him, and corpse camp him out of pure hatred. Yes, people actually corpse camped NPCs back in the day because they caused so much grief.

I remember, on my first toon, the first time I saw Rexxar I almost shit myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    Mor'ladim at level 35 was the most pleasant surprise back in classic, but not sure if he was necessarily terrifying... The overall effect of him in the graveyard and Raven Hill itself made Duskwood one of the best zones in the game, though.
    I wouldn't call him pleasant, but yes, it really made the game exciting; Mobs everywhere, trying not to aggro more than a couple at a time, trying to figure out where that asshole is while thinking, "...I haven't seen him in a while...maybe he's dead...he must be dead....excellent", ......
    ....AND BOOM! Mor'Ladim blindsides you with a 1-shot... -_-

I always loved it though when I'd see him prey on some poor, unsuspecting sap.
    Last edited by painweaver; 2013-07-08 at 02:52 AM.

Helcular's Remains

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=2433#comments

dude was bad ass a lvl 44 elite and would kick the crap out of alliance and Hillsbrad guards