Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 5.4 - Legendary Cloak Effects, Blue Tweets, Setup of the Month, News Recap

Updates on RMAH SMS Issues, New Fan Art , Zlexpro's Melee DH

Patch 5.4 - Legendary Cloak Effects
    Along with the new procs on the legendary cloak come some nice new spell effects. Keep in mind the size and positioning of the effects in the preview are aren't from an official preview, so don't expect the final effect to appear in the same place or be the same size as our preview.

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    600BackTankBack Qian-Le, Courage of Niuzao
    600BackTankBack Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao
    600BackMeleeBack Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
    600BackSpell SpiritBack Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji
    600BackPhysical DPSBack Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen
    600BackSpell DPSBack Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE
    Only ToT raids are not x-realm in guild modes - not sure why it is still snowflake delayed after another patch.
    We want guilds and realms to still have meaning. (Source)

in the world of bring the player not the class shouldn't Drums be equivalent to lust and not weaker?
    If the goal was that you had all buffs regardless of comp then we'd just give them all passively. (Source)
    The goal was to give players flexibility to e.g. bring a high DPS player over a low DPS player with a mandatory buff. (Source)
    Comp is much more flexible now, but not infinitely so. (Source)
    We think you can fit a mage, shaman or hunter in your 10 or live with weaker lust. (Source)
    Isn't this raid buff thing mostly there to shit on 10m raids? 25s get them all by accident.
    Buffs are there to make you feel stronger in a group and to encourage some level of raid diversity. (Source)
    We know there are 10s that would love to bring e.g. 7 druids, but even they are still viable, just at a disadvantage. (Source)

Should I take this as "Bring the Player Not the Class" is now less of a goal for Blizzard than it was during wrath?
    I would phrase it as we largely fixed the Sunwell problem. (Source)
    We were coming off of Sunwell where raid comps were absurdly rigid. (Source)
    Most guilds not competing for world first have huge latitude in their group comp. (Source)

"Finders" have soiled social exps. and has been repeatedly proven. I really like that hs requires forming groups.
    I think the key is there have to be alternatives. Social / challenging and finder / easier seems like a good formula. (Source)

How about this for once: "Tough." Nerfing content is not serving the game or the company. Refute me, please.
    This sounds like the myth that hard content forces players to rise to the challenge and not quit. (Source)
    If it's a myth, then why is it bad for HScens to be nerfed? Maybe having goals is important for progression?
    The difference is there are alternatives to heroic scenarios. The problem with e.g. Cat dungeons was there were not. (Source)

Divide in this aspect. Do you think there are players who would like long lasting interractions but miss opportunities in game
    Overall we think players tend to stick with the game longer if they have a social network. But that is not something we can force. (Source)
    Forcing players to find groups by making content hard and providing no matchmaking isn't a good recipe for success. (Source)
    When you provide the ability to play alone, many players will, and then, where's the necessary social network?
    From its launch, WoW was vastly more solo friendly than the typical MMO. This isn't a new thing. (Source)
    But if we can lure players into social experiences, hopefully they will have more fun. (Source)
    But removing solo isn't the answer. This is a case that IS bait and switch. You need the (solo) bait. (Source)

Again, what's the purpose of a kick ability if we're not supposed to use it?
    We can't distinguish between a kick because someone is abusive or AFK (legit) and someone who hasn't seen the fights before. (Source)
    We see tanks who say "this is my first time" get kicked. Surely you can agree that's not a good use of the kick feature. (Source)

Raid Finder and Flex Raiding
    They weren't Raiders before, this confirms NM raiding is dead. 40% loss of NM teams in 1 TIER, source SG vs Jin kills
    We didn't provide instant catch up mechanics this time, so many guilds still lack the ilevel to do ToT successfully. (Source)
    Instant catch up has very serious pros and cons, neither easily dismissed. (Source)

Interesting that you acknowledge this yet deny that the ruthless tuning of encounters has damaged the NM scene.
    It's what I said a few days ago about 10s now being tuned like 25s. Flex should help with players looking for that ICC 10 feel. (Source)
    (And it's not fair to the 25s if 10s are easier logistically and easier in difficulty so long as they provide the same loot.) (Source)

Are you not worried that raiding is getting complicated? Raid loot especially. LFR,Flex,Norm,NormTF,Heroic, Heroic TF etc :|
    We have a huge diversity of players so having many options makes sense as long as folks can figure out which content is for them. (Source)

Do you honestly think LFR/LFG is a good thing? Does it have a chance at going away at all?
    Yes and no, respectively. We do hope with flex we can tempt some players into what we think will be more fun for them. (Source)

Why not make LFR only for raids older than current content. Fixes all problems. Don't run out of content, older raids used.
    Players get excited seeing e.g. the awesome Throne of Thunder trailer, only to hear that the new raid isn't for them. (Source)
    It's like when a new movie sequel comes out, you really ought to see the first one, but it would be a bad idea to mandate that. (Source)
    well then tell them to get a group. it's an MMORPG not a single player game.
    I have said this several times lately, but another expansion of spamming LFG for a dungeon pug and I myself might have quit. (Source)
    And I have almost always been in a huge guild with lots of friends. It does not guarantee you a group whenever you want it. (Source)

"Fun to do"? I'm sorry but everyone i know playing the game hates LFR, only doing it for a few minor upgrades...
    We know there are plenty of players who enjoy LFR. Several of them tweet that to me. Let them have their fun. (Source)
    If it's a few minor upgrades, then they aren't really the LFR audience. (Source)
    Speaking of, why no thunderforged in LFR?
    Tforged is primarily to provide raiding with a long tail. LFR isn't really trying to deliver on that same experience. (Source)
    I love LFR. LFR QQ only comes from elitiests who think that there are a lot more of them than there actually is!
    I would not have phrased it so harshly, but I do agree many raiders don't understand how hardcore their perceptions really are. (Source)

Please tell me now if you are planning to remove or severely gut LFR in 6.0 so I can go ahead and walk away for good.
    We haven't talked about future expansion plans much yet, but I don't imagine LFR will change fundamentally. (Source)
    We'd like to entice more players into Flex (B/C we think they will have more fun) but want to do that with carrots, not sticks. (Source)

For LFR/coins, big loot table feels like a penalty. Harder to get item you want. What if 7.5% per item, instead of flat 15%?
    Big loot tables are a challenge. But, we like lots of options instead of one slot per customer. Bigger raids helps some. (Source)

Patch 5.4 PvE
    5.4 Ahead of the Curve FoS split into 10 and 25 (or datamining shenanigans?); are we looking at separate server 1st achieves?
    Overall we just want to make it easier for players to be able to identify in which raid someone earned an achievement. (Source)

Please stop wasting resources on side games and distractions. PvP brawler's pet battles. How many 5 mans with those hours?
    None actually from those two examples. Different teams. (Source)
    Honestly dailies are the quickest way to get lesser charms, I know there are other ways, but rng on those, dailies are boring
    I'm not sure that's true. Last week I got my charms by making a group and farming Barrens bosses. (Source)
    GC seems to be missing the point, what is the difference between farming barrens and dailies? Same thing.
    If you never want to leave instances, just understand you're going to have a lot less content than other players. (Source)
    Just explain why, to be most efficient in instances, I _have_ to do unrelated content like dailies or farming the Barrens?
    We want to reward players for participating in a wide variety of content rather than risking burn out by tunneling on one thing. (Source)
    By making the additional content a bonus we give players the option to opt out if they only want to do the bare minimum. (Source)

Looks like we're fighting UNDER Org in the "never before seen cavern of dark hallways"... instead of in the streets, sigh
    In the streets too, but if we had left it at that, we would have heard "Rehashed raid zone." (Source)

will SoO have a linear or a non linear progression path ?
    Less linear than ToT. (Source)
    To be clear, it's not super non-linear. We want to make future raids more like BWD or UIduar in terms of linearity. (Source)

PvP
    Nobody is taking real tanks anymore in pvp post 5.3. I want to tank in pvp but im not allowed to. Could we get a nerf 2 debuff
    The problem is that when tanks are having fun in PvP, I'm not sure anyone else is. (Source)

Ever given thought to the GW2 style of PVP gearing? Would remove all the bickering over pve vs pvp gear and focus on skill
    It is one of those heated arguments where both sides seem eager to dismiss the other view point as wrong. (Source)
    Gear should matter since I worked hard and want goals vs only skill should matter. (Source)
    As a counterpoint, look at how many PvP players didn't like the 5.3 change that lessened the impact of their hard-earned gear. (Source)

removing every fun factor out of hunters for pve because you can't balance pvp. hypocritical when you revert warlocks nerf
    That sounds like we're not allowed to make any class changes because it would be hypocritical. (Source)

how do you want pvpers to make money? I see my 150g repair bill after a day of bgs and can't afford it.
    How do PvE'rs make money? Unless their guild is very generous, it's not from running instances.... (Source)

The more offensive cds you add to the game, the less skill required the game becomes. It just promotes Swifty macros
    It depends if they can all be lined up or not. We're really souring on the gameplay of lining everything up all the time. (Source)
    Lining up CDs represents strategic play. Mutually exclusive or randomised CDs converts it to FCFS tactics =(
    The synergistic effects of all those CDs at once overrides using them intelligently over time. That removes strategy IM(O)O. (Source)

Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
    Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month
    The current SSD prices are stable or slightly increasing, with most SSDs under $1 per gigabyte when on sale. RAM prices are continuing to go up, so if you were thinking about adding RAM anytime soon, now is the time.

The new Haswell CPUs from Intel are here and they run a little bit on the warmer side. Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D14 or H90.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 4770K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions! If you are interested in Folding@home, take a look in our team's thread.

Peripherals/Monitors
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    MonitorAsus VS229H-P 21.5" LED IPS Monitor - $135ASUS VS248H-P 24-Inch Monitor - $170
    KeyboardKensington Pro Fit Media Keyboard - $18Cyborg V.5 - $47
    MouseLogitech G400 - $47Razer Deathadder - $50
    SpeakersCreative A220 2.1 Speaker System - $26Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $39
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    MonitorASUS VE278Q 27-Inch - $240HP ZR2440W 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $350
    KeyboardLogitech G510 - $95Razer BlackWidow (Backlit)- $80 ($121)
    MouseLogitech G500 - $45Razer Naga (Buttons on the Side) - $65
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1 Speaker System - $56Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $75

Puppy and Dolphin
    Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Pick one of the two CPU/Motherboard combos.
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    CaseNZXT Source 210 - $40NZXT Source 210 - $40
    Power SupplyCorsair CX500 - $58XFX Core Edition PRO 550W - $61
    CPUAMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition- $99AMD FX-6300 - $120
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $24Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $35
    MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ 970 - $110GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ 990FX - $138
    MemoryKingston HyperX Blu 4GB 1333 - $378GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $74
    Graphics CardXFX 7770 - $101MSI 7850 2 GB or Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB OC - $197 / $190
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - $55Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $87
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22
    Total$546$765

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $55Cooler Master HAF 932 - $160
    Power SupplyCorsair 650TX V2 - $90Corsair 750HX - $125
    CPUIntel i5-4670K - $226Intel i7-4770K - $335
    HeatsinkThermaltake Frio - $59Noctua 6 NH-D14 - $79
    MotherboardASUS Z87-A - $150ASUS Z87-PLUS - $169
    Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $7416GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $135
    Graphics CardGigabyte 7950 OR Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti - $295 / $245Gigabyte 7970 OR Gigabyte GTX 770 - $400 / $410
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $87Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $87
    SSDSAMSUNG 840 128GB (Review) - $105
    OR
    Plextor 128 GB M5 Pro (Review) - $120
    Intel 335 180GB (Review) - $184
    OR
    SAMSUNG 840 Pro 128GB (Review) - $138
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22
    Total$1073 - $1138$1680

Weekly News Recap
    Lots of news this week, so here is your chance to catch up!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-07-08 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    this is kewl
    edit YES FINALLY I'M FIRST

Infracted. Don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-08 at 01:53 AM.

VEEERY interesting. Looks like the loyalty wings from Runescape xD

Deleted
    YES spell effect oh wait i play a moonkin (fuck the glyph)

The spell effects are neat. And Troll, you can have this one, but only because I was pooping.

Nice wings, but seriously. It is a legendary cloak. They NEED to make it look better than the same old regular recatangular cloak. Change the model, like they did with boots and belts.

Haha at that tweet "Please stop wasting resources on side games and distractions. PvP brawler's pet battles. How many 5 mans with those hours?"

Yeah because we obviously need more 5 mans to drive into the ground after 2 days once we've gotten any relevant upgrades from them and complain we're bored again right?

I wonder if the spell effect will be visible when cloak is not being displayed ... if not it renders it useless to me ... no way in hell I'm turning cloak graphics on.

Nice effects. People will still complain though, sorry blizz.

And now all the legendary cloak whiners can now STFU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    I wonder if the spell effect will be visible when cloak is not being displayed ... if not it renders it useless to me ... no way in hell I'm turning cloak graphics on.
    I'm wondering that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Damn I want that melee spell effect for my mage

And I wish you can turn the effects off, cause the caster 1 looks meh

Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    It'll most likely be visible when the cloak procs. At least that makes the most sense to me.

Awful effects =/
    Can't wait till next expansion with NO MORE CHINESE ART

10+ Year Old Account
    shit looks legit. now i have to work on the quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Haha at that tweet "Please stop wasting resources on side games and distractions. PvP brawler's pet battles. How many 5 mans with those hours?"

Yeah because we obviously need more 5 mans to drive into the ground after 2 days once we've gotten any relevant upgrades from them and complain we're bored again right?
    I see your point but a few more 5 mans just to add variety I would not mind Pandaria has been severely lacking in 5 men department and it is the only things I really dislike of the expansion especially because in the levelling phase you have access only to 2-4

ooooh yeeah some love for frost dks. cool melee dps cloak.

So are the effects on permanently or only when the cloak procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    the QA is really going down hill just swamped with people moaning about lfr -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to get mine, Enhance sham with blue transmog + Xuen proc = Kreygasm like Twitch chat would say :P.