What I would like to see from the next expansion

I feel like Blizzard has learned a lot from this expansion (as with previous expansions) but I feel like they made a few mistakes, at least, for what this game is like currently for me.

I enjoyed scenarios, once. But they seem to have be pushed into a higher level of content than they are intended. Since MoP beta I have always felt Scenarios are more intended for levelling content, rather than end-game, but I don't think they should be exclusive to levelling either. Dungeons feel more like they should at end game content now, but instead of dungeons, they are pushing more scenarios.

What I would like to see in the next expansion is a good combination of both sides of the coin.

Scenarios with their quick queues and smaller number of people and their great storytelling properties should be implemented for levels 90-95*. If 2 scenarios are added per level, thats a total of 10 scenarios and group content (aka group quests) with a decent reward of EXP and a levelling piece of gear. Repeatable daily for high reward, or in the same day for a lessened reward.
    Scenarios could even be used like the IoT ones and only be available for certain quests, and not be returned to afterwards. These could be unlimited in quantity and give less (or no reward) before the quest handin reward

Along the same line as scenarios, a normal mode dungeon or two for each level (totalling 5+* dungeons) between 90 and 95* could also be added. Requires a longer queue (or organising a group with guildies) but rewards for role specific loot. Pretty much the same as today's levelling dungeons.

This is all for levelling content, so per day (for full rewards) you can do 2 scenarios, 1 dungeon and quests for EXP to level from 90 to 95.

At max level, this leveling content will unlock and become heroic mode. So now at max level you can access this content through queues or portals, providing 10 scenarios and 5+ dungeons already accessible at max level. Throw in some exclusive max level dungeons or scenarios and you have a lot of content to clear through and provide gear pre-raid.
    Give scenarios an exclusion list (like battlegrounds) and a specific loot table for heroic scenarios and you now have a reason to go back and do certain scenarios before acquiring raid gear.

*(This assumes 95 as max level for the next expansion)

TL;DR: Normal scenarios and normal dungeons as levelling content, heroic scenarios and heroic dungeons as max level content
    (The current formula is dungeons as levelling content, scenarios as 90 content, heroic dungeons as 90 content, heroic scenarios as 90+ (higher gear level) content)
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

Gnomes, loads of them. (That's what i would like to see)
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

more race involvement in the next xpac would be nice. when's the last time you heard about the bc races

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    more race involvement in the next xpac would be nice. when's the last time you heard about the bc races
    A patch ago to be fair, The blood elfs have been getting full attention like crazy this expansion bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Gnomes, loads of them. (That's what i would like to see)
    Why would you want those things to have attention n.n

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Why would you want those things to have attention n.n
    I love em

I really hope that in next expansion we FINALY get Gnomeregan back. How hard can Leper gnomes be, like really?

Scenarios as leveling content would be a neat idea. Something like LOTRO's Skirmishes would be really great (although having marks for different levels would probably be too much work).
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator

2 scenarios per level while leveling.

10+ scenarios at max level, and scenarios need to reward you better.

8 leveling dungeons plus 4 at max level.

IoT scenarios used as quests in questing to make it more fun.

3 raids next expansion. Lower Kara, a raid inside of a legion space ship, and a bigger raid on argus. kara with 6 bosses space with 4 and argus raid with 8 bosses.

Dynamic content improved upon. Zone events like the barrens in each zone at all times.

5 man world bosses everywhere rewarding 5 man loot and valor points\

outdoor dungeons raids and areas that are phased to your group and have other stuff to do besides bosses includin puzzles and new epic raid quests.

less dailys because of the dynamic content, but still using the charm system and all valor and jp gear removed from factions

more fun dailys like tillers and cloud serpents

player housing instance with dynamic stuff that can happen while inside like being invaded, and the option to completely place things and customize the house and land around it

big continent full of things to explore and stuff to do with 8+ zones and a pvp zone again.

weekly raid quest added back to the game like from wrath to incentivize doing older raids.

a few of the dungeons be huge like blackrock depths and strat were with harder bosses and rewarding better loot then normal dungeons and more valor

Thats some stuff i want to see next expansion.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-07-08 at 01:51 AM.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

with the addition of heroic scenarios.. id love to see normal scenarios be opened up to leveling as well. not just restricted to max level. heroic scenarios can be aimed more at max level, but quick instant queues while leveling would be nice too. quests/normal scenarios/normal dungeons. all for leveling, 3 different paths.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.